DOLLHOUSE SEASON TWO discussion thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think the actor who plays Topher has improved quite a bit, as I couldn't stand him at first (and not just because he's sociopath in sweatervests.) His comedy timing is a lot better now and Topher has actually become one of the most interesting characters. I liked it when he was explaining how he made Saunders into a person.

CaptainWacky

DushkWHO?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
It was meh. The ONLY scenes of value were those exploring the Topher/Whiskey relationship. Topher had the best lines, too.

"Ahh, autumn. When the temparatures plunge to the high 60's, and that one tree on Wilshire loses its leaves."

AND

"So, you really weren't going to sleep with me?"
"I can't stand the smell of you."
"I did that. So we wouldn't...y'know..."

Overall, though, this episode gets a C- from me.

CaptainWacky

She's definitely hotter now than when she was in Angel...and she was still pretty hot then.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Dollhouse." The second-season debut of Fox's ooh-it's-from-Joss-Whedon! drama series, in which star Eliza Dushku played a bride hooker, attracted only a lousy 2.5 million viewers. Fox says this show is a hit anyway because it attracts so many 18-to-34-year-olds. The season debut attracted 659,000 and one hour later, old-timer Jay Leno, on NBC, attracted 832,000 of them.

Ouch.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Shhhh, they'll hear you and move it from Friday to Saturday!

CaptainWacky

And they kept going on about how the number of hulu and fox's online service viewers it got playing a part in its renewel last year.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That part may be true. Online views don't factor into Nielsen ratings, only live TV and DVR viewing. With ads, they make money off of online views too, so the more clicks the better for them.

Maybe it will end up like Friday Night Lights, and end up running new episodes on a pay channel as well as online. But shows with a big online presence are harder to kill now. That's exactly why the US still has Big Brother. Its TV ratings are okay but not great, however it's the most visited part of CBS' website hands down.

CaptainWacky

They could fire Dushku to save money.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Maybe Kevin Smith could give her another job.

CaptainWacky

A COUPLE OF DICKS

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
They can't move it to Saturdays, COPS is an institution on that night!

CaptainWacky

Episode two was kind of boring. YOU'D THINK they'd be desperately trying to make the show as exciting as possible now, but it was mostly just Dushku running around trying to steal a baby. The last scene was supposed to be make it all worthwhile, I suppose, but it was still the typically average Dushku delivery. And there's not even an Amy Acker now.

I did like the bit where Topher was offering Mellie (or whatever her real name is) "enhancements". WHO WOULD HAVE PREDICTED Topher would become the best character? But otherwise, meh.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched SGU instead. Now I'm going to have to make a choice between SGU and Dollhouse every Friday. Sometimes SyFy reruns their shows several times, but I remember that they really didn't with BSG except in the middle of the night and I have a hard time staying up past 11pm.. WHAT AM I GONNA DO? Stargate has the potential to be a really good series, and I've given Dollhouse a lot of time to improve and it hasn't.. flip a coin?

CaptainWacky

Tape one? ;)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wonder if the VCR is even hooked up to the TV. :rwmad:

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I tried watching it, too, but it got old real quick with the baby napping.