DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Dammit. Another night of two awesome dreams, where I remembered both for most of the night but now I only remember the last one:

I'm, like, a new police chief for...a small hick town. But for some reason...bats(?) are a big thing there, so my chief science officer (played by early 1980s Markie Post) is showing me lab. There's like, a rotating/elevator section that, the floor opens up and there's a deep thick gel. It rotates up onto the wall and you stick your feet into it. Then it goes up to the ceiling so you can hang upside-down like a bat. I give it a try and then my best friend since 5th grade and some unnamed hick flunkie are going to try it, but my friend whispers to me not to let the flunkie, so I don't. There's also some kind of interrogation chair that...Markie Post is going to strap me into to...torture? tickle? tickle torture? me. So I realize I need to go use the bathroom so I don't pee myself. But it's occupied, so I head down to the nearby...gas station? park? to use theirs, but it turns out to be a filthy outhouse. I come out and the gas station attendant/owner tells me everyone goes to the place around the corner. That turns out to be a NYPD police station (don't ask, dream logic). Some how, two of my idiot detectives have beaten me there and one is embarrassing himself while asking the police chief where the bathroom is. I get the chief aside and apologize and explain who we are and he offers to let me use his private bathroom, for which I am very grateful.

(Funny thing is, I don't even think I had to go to the bathroom when I was having this dream.)

Mirah

I love you
I had a dream about someone that came to fix something on the house and I can't stop thinking about it. I know both him and his gf, so it felt awkward to have that sort of dream about them.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Don't worry about it, I'd never have an affair, but I dream about sleeping with other woman most nights. No point feeling guilty about something you have no control over.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Had a really long dream which I should have written down the details of, but I met a girl I went to school with (except she looked totally different) and we became friends somehow, then I started to wonder what was wrong with her and we went back to her house which was a total mess and full of guys playing video games and there were dirty children crawling about the place and I was like "oh, right." What was impressive though was the geography of where her house was in relation to mine, like I'd mapped out a whole slightly altered layout of my home town in my brain which I can still just about remember. Then her house got super huge and I was trying to get out while Peter Dinklage was going around killing all the children. I think I saved one of them but then fled back to my old house which I still had a key for and found an old mouse for my computer hidden in my old bedroom and told the new owners that was what I came back for. But it was much longer than I'm making out here.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I also had a big house dream, I thought it was my house at first, but there was people there from my last job so it could have been an office, a girl I used to like was there and she was just wearing a white dressing gown like she had been at a spa, we started having sex, but then one of the other people we used to work tried to come in the room, we went into the next room, but they tried to come in that room too, I held the door shut while we were both still shagging, the other woman looked at us through the frosted glass and she looked really disappointed with me.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was a Jedi, I was getting chased by a bunch of bad guys, I tried to use none lethal methods to slow them down until they sent a helicopter gunship after me, at which point I used the force to turn it's own missiles back at it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Some common themes this morning: I'm at some kind of training or exercise. It's winding down and I'm responsible for collecting and packing up a bunch of communications equipment. I keep having to cut through a room full of wires and try not to trip over any wires and yank them out while a team is troubleshooting a problem in that room (or maybe just coordinating something). Meanwhile I'm also trying to get my stuff together in the room I was staying in. Of course they hadn't had enough housing so they packed 6 or 10 junior officers into the room I was in. One of them asks if he can speak to me and tells me I'm wearing his shirt and pants. I hadn't been able to find anything in all the clutter and just pulled on the first thing I could get so I could get to work. I start to take them off and he says I can just keep them until I'm done with what I'm working on, as long as I get them back to him.

Meanwhile, I'm cutting through the busy electronics room again when someone comes in and tries to enlist a techie because they're trying to make a phone call in a conference room and the phone is acting up. I resist the temptation to volunteer but either everyone else is too busy or the guy they sent couldn't figure it out. The phone is, like, some dream version of a 1950s military office phone (think the design style of those old portable record players that had built-in speaker and the cover that buckled over the turntable). I try once and the call doesn't go through. I'm in the middle of deciding if I entered the number wrong, needed to add a 9 or a 1 or something before the number, or if I need to flip a switch or push an unlabeled button on the phone to initiate the connection when I wake up.

Mirah

I love you
Reccuring nightmare about staying in my friends parents house. They come home early, I'm trying to gather my things. I'm too tired. I'm going to stay another night, but it is really awkward. They start hiding my stuff, doing mass cleaning and make me sleep in an open area with others, telling them to be quiet, and me.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was in a model shop for ages, at first I thought I was a part owner of it, but eventually realised I was a customer, I left without buying anything.

Mirah

I love you
I was in a model shop for ages, at first I thought I was a part owner of it, but eventually realised I was a customer, I left without buying anything.
Ooh Whisky, Have you read "Ship of the damned?" You might enjoy it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Whew! Remembered all three from last night. Almost forgot the last one as I was starting this post, but I jotted down reminders as quick as I could. In order:

I'm doing some kind of marketing support for wine and/or a refrigerator. Apparently they are shipping it via passenger train, because I'm working on the display en route to the destination; setting the fridge with wine bottles in accordance with the diagram. I got it all set up but then I had to check some measurements to make sure everything was right. Just about this time the bigwigs came to see how the display turned out so I had to explain why almost everything was back out. Then as they were leaving one of their staff told me to just put assorted groceries into the fridge and I'm thinking "but it's a wine promotion. And I've got this schematic I'm supposed to set the display to."

Then I'm running a paintball field or something when a couple people that have an old truck and a combine parked on the property go nuts and decide to drive them through some buildings and the fence around the property and I'm like "Dude! WTF!?"

Finally, I'm...doing something when I hear that the cathedral is on fire. So I jump in the car and drive there right away. The World Trade Center is only a few blocks away, so I park my car there and cut through the lobby, where some press secretary/receptionist is dodging questions from a bunch of reporters. I don't have any shoes, so I'm trying to borrow a pair of shoes from someone but I can't get anyone's attention. Eventually I tell them I'm going to go help fight the fire and they all come along with me. I still don't have any shoes but I get there and one of the firefighters says to give him my info (license, bank routing #, whatever) so he can get me attached to their department and I explain that I'm not a firefighter, I'm just there to help out. So they scrounge me some tall lace-up boots made out of a kind of red transparent plastic--kind of like a stripper might wear, only cut more like baby shoes or Chuck Taylor All Stars in the foot area (with no heels). I'm not thrilled but they'll get the job done. Meanwhile a cop recognizes me and reminds me the mayor made a rule that no city employees can park in convenient parking spaces after 5pm (or for longer than 4 hours or some thing) and offers to go check on my car for me so I'm going to give him the keys in case he needs to move it. (I don't know at what point in the dream I became a city employee, but it was after I didn't have information for the fireman or else I could've probably gotten actual firefighting gear.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
2 parter this morning: At the start I'm the lead actor in an action movie--only I'm playing more of a Pee-Wee Herman/Mr. Bean character. Still, the shooting is very physically demanding and wearing everyone down. One of the last shoots I have to do involves me and another character running through tall jungle grasses and then climbing up to the top of some building/cliff, running along it and then out of frame. At some point the director decides we can "break the 4th wall"/have a nod to production errors in low budget movies. We were going to shoot the first actor's run and then shoot mine and they decided to just use 2 crews and not worry about clearing out the first crew before my run, so 5-10 feet to the right of my path you can see the route the other actor ran through the vegetation--but the camera also catches glimpses of the production crew, in blue jackets.

The shot gets done and I'm exhausted. I'm talking to someone--don't know if I'm just talking to a friend/coworker or I'm being interviewed for some promotion/"making of" thing. Then I hear they need one more shot. (This part isn't clear but...) someone (my brain based it on someone from high school) tries to "help" by having a bunch of obstacles in the way for me to stumble through and I yell at them and go the other way to where they're going to be doing the next shot.

Then the dream changes and I'm not an actor shooting a movie, I'm more of a character in a movie. It's supposed to be real but there's superhero stuff happening and moody lighting etc. Anyway, I'm a...Batman type character--guy in tights with no powers whatsoever--and I'm working with an Iron Man type character and we're trying to fight an Ultron type character. It isn't going well. We're causing it some damage, but it is damaging us more. I'm just about dead so I'm trying to get away from it while Iron Man is trying to hold it back. One of its weapons is a pair of long metal hooks--kind of like ski poles or fireplace pokers--and as I'm getting away I...try to steal one because I know Iron Man's going to be in bad shape, fighting this thing alone? It isn't clear. That or the Ultron thing throws one at me because I'm climbing over the side of a fire escape and it wants to knock me off so I'll fall to my death. But then it gets greedy. Instead of just letting me fall to certain death, it uses the other hook to snag the end of the first hook (which...is snagged on my clothes?). At this point things go into slow motion and I realize he's going to jerk me back so he can impale me with the other hook. But luckily, by doing this, he's jerked me back over the rooftop so I'm able to twist the hook I'm on free of the second hook (like he would've had to do to impale me) and fall onto the roof near another fire escape. At this point I'm climbing down to the ground as fast as I can because I see he's forgotten about Iron Man and is going to come after me--only he isn't flying very well, either because of the damage we've inflicted on him or because he needs the hooks for stability and balance. At any rate, I know I've got to get out of his sensor range and hide so I won't be killed when I wake up.

Mirah

I love you
A lady sent me a FR around 5 AM this morning. I saw it and went back to sleep.

In my dream I made a fire and found my jeans in the fire and my brand new down comforter. (probably fake down so no ducks died!)

I took those things out and went back to sleep, but on the couch in my dream.

Then the lady who sent me the FR is at my front door, she walks in (as people do here) and asks if I"m up and I say yeah, obviously sleeping tho on the couch. She asks me if I am aware of the trucks in front unloading stuff. I wasn't, so I was glad she woke me up and then suddenly instead of being in a cabin in the woods I am transported back to some suburban neighborhood where I go outside and there is a person unloading boxes in the driveway. I recall how I told someone (In my dream) the day before that they could use the driveway. But I didn't really grant permission for this and for the next day. Tho it wasn't that big of a deal I talked to the guy in charge, we went on a walk for some reason and he explained to me what was going on-but he couldn't tell me the specific company he was with-it was some restaurant.
On our walk we got to a park and there were these streams with fish in them. It was pretty cool. I touched one of them.

We returned back to the house and the lady was there and suddenly there was about a 1/2 foot of snow on the ground and I said, "They brought in this too?" Like they really did, I was looking at a truck with blocks of snow on it that were being unloaded and then spread around and somehow there was snow on the trees too.
So this lady now had a snowflake painted on her face and was trying to get the best selfie and then I woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nope. Big turkey dinner though, and Story TV (History Channel reruns) shows about the pilgrims and America's racial makeup and history. The latter must've had NO budget for costuming--one of their Quakers was wearing a modern suit coat they had, like, a Spirit Halloween cape that they put on about half the actors (who all had 2017 haircuts) and the coat they had on the actor playing a French pharmacist in New Orleans was the most horribly tailored thing I've ever seen. So that's likely what got me thinking about production choices.
The show was 6-10 little vignettes about people from different demographics--a Dutch fur trader who came to America in 1410 (or whenever), a Spanish cowboy from the 1770s, an English woman who took the Oregon Trail, a German Civil War colonel, etc. They'd show the route they took, where their demographic wound up settling, how the population changed over the decades, have little talking head professor/historian/etc bits, and a bit with a descendant of the person the actor was playing. It was kind of neat.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was Tony Stark, or possibly Robert Downey Jr, either way I was swimming in this massive pool that was also a nature reserve.

At some point this monkey swam into the water and bit into my food, I got out the pool and tried to shake it off but it wouldn't let go.

I slammed it's body against some trees then held it under water until I was sure it was dead, but it still wouldn't release me. Even after I woke up, I kept seeing it, didn't want to go back to sleep, I know I did eventually, but thankfully it didn't come back.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Two pretty interesting ones last night and one that was boring and not very detailed a few nights ago, but I'll mention it because I remember it and it is a pretty common theme in my dreams.

I'm doing some kind of consulting/contracting job and bump into a guy I worked with at my first assignment in the Marines. For various reasons that are another story, I wound up taking his job and then not putting together any kind of going-away when he left. Truth be told, I felt a little bad about that part. I probably should've known, but even so, I wish my boss would've said "y'know, you should put together a going away party for him and buy him a plaque/memento for his service." He's in my LinkedIn and I've been meaning to reach out to him on it, but haven't. Anyhow, back to the dream: After we met and caught up, I was meaning to apologize for not throwing him a going-away party but things got sidetracked and I didn't get the chance. Then I was going to do some work in the Reserves or go back to active duty but found out I'd been forced into retirement. So really, basically Real Life in a dream format.

Last night's were better. Again, some background: I turn the heat down before bed. Even so, I almost always wake up after about 4 hours, soaked in sweat and wind up taking my jammies off for the rest of the night. So in the dream, I'm at this bar. Someone there lets me know there's an undercover cop supposed to be in that night, looking for violations. Then...OK. This dream is a bit weird and disjointed...then...we get a shipment of stuff the bar sells that need to be unpacked and set up. There's a lot of LP records and then there's like gumball machine trinkets--but it's a hipster bar so there's new gum that looks like it's been chewed and stuff like that. While we're unpacking stuff, I bump into a girl I had a crush on in college--only in the dream it's an amalgam of pretty much every girl I dated or had a crush on in college. We make some small talk and she seems like she's into me, but then there's about a gallon of brandy in a big glass bowl, but there's some kind of gelatin or silicone over the top of it, inches think. The bartender eventually gets into it, but once the sealing material is gone, there's almost no booze. I realize it is just a sample so I decide we should sample it, at which point someone points out I've taken off my clothes and am sitting at the bar naked, reminds me about the undercover cop and tells me to put my clothes back on. So I pull on my robe and jammies as quickly as I can, but it's too late. The undercover cop takes me and my Mom(!?) outside where he has everyone else he caught, sitting on bleachers. If we listen to his lecture on the evils of drinking, we won't be prosecuted.

The last dream, one or more of my friends ropes me into going to some convention. It's terrible--a bunch of awkward, socially inept people, using the framework of the convention to make normal people feel like outcasts. We're sitting at a big table, going over all the seminars and classes and table discussions--all the ways to rip all the fun out of D&D and other geekery. People are being assigned roles and schedules for the convention. Someone is dressed as an elf or a ranger or something. For some reason I decided to dress as Spiderman. But I also decided I didn't want to be completely miserable so I hadn't put on the mask or gloves. During the unending meeting, I realize the only thing lamer than spending the day dressed as Spiderman is spending the day dressed as Spiderman, not wearing his mask and gloves, so I excuse myself with my friend and go get my mask and gloves. When I get back, I find out I've been volunteered for all kinds of stupid discussions and stuff. I also discover that my mask and gloves are lame. The gloves are some kind of vinyl that doesn't match the fabric of the rest of the costume and is also the wrong color blue and the mask, instead of having sheer white fabric or some kind of lenses for the eyes, has, like, little white plastic grommets sewn into the center of each eye with a tiny hole to see out. Both impractical and lame. I am not happy.

whisky

Boobie inspector
We were selling out house for some reason, a man was interested then when he saw our wedding photo he said he couldn't take our house as there was too much of us in it, and with that he left the house.