DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

The Question

Eternal
Had a dream I was living in a tent, but a really extremely large/nice one. I had the impression I was doing that because I was on some kind of medical outreach working for Dr. Gregory House. Like every now and then he'd pop his head into the tent, rip out some snarky comment, and I'd go, "Uh huh..." without really paying attention to what he said. Later my ex is there (same one from the being-a-dog-on-a-leash dream) and she's trying to seduce me. But trying way too hard. Like slowly dancing naked while I'm trying to fill out paperwork. Nothing more to it than that, still weird as hell.

The Question

Eternal
Weird one: Dreamed I was a new hire at a company run by Denny Crane. I was in a conference room with him and a bunch of other wealthy people in suits -- wealthy because they were varying degrees of old and obese -- and he tells me to "take the briefcase down to <some weird unrememberable German last name> in 415F."

No idea which briefcase. Not a clue who <unpronounceable German name> is, even whether it's a male or a female, what the job title is, or where "415F" is at.

So I just walk out of the room and start wandering around the place. Each floor is about the size of a pretty large shopping mall, and there are something like 26 floors. I learn this staring at a "you are here" type map next to an elevator. Then I notice that the elevation view on the map is... oh, well, I should've known. It's the TMP-era Enterprise. Elevator opens and, yup, it's a turbolift.

So I figure, okay, whatever "415F" is -- and I'm still on task for whatever this job was, no idea why after I realized what the building is -- it must be on Deck 4. So I get into the turbolift and grab the handle and go, "Deck 4." After which there was some back-and-forth between myself and the elevator. I don't remember exact details, it didn't want to take me to Deck 4, so it turned into an argument. Finally, it takes me, I get off, and the turbolift laughs like a maniac just as the doors shut. It's an exhibition hall of some kind, but it's all dark except for multi-colored disco lights flashing around while Shirley Schmidt from Boston Legal is delivering a lecture to an audience about innovations in sales technology. I find "the briefcase" -- don't know how it's the one I'm supposed to take to 415F, and Schmidt sounds kinda German, right? So, wait -- am I supposed to take Shirley Schmidt "the briefcase" that's sitting about six steps away from her?

That's about when I wake up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed I was a bouncer at a night club that had a 3d printer.

I had to throw out a Japanese man for being cheeky

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought that was going to be a pun.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nothing particularly memorable this morning. Eh, I guess the actual stories weren't bad, but the recurring thing was flying. And what was new was that I was using some variation of a flying carpet in all the scenes. I don't remember ever doing that before. First dream, I needed to go to the other town/suburb nearby that no one ever goes to (this is a recurring dream location in my brain). For some reason, instead of driving, I flew there on a sheet of plywood. At one point a truck that was going much faster overtook me, but I was high enough that he drove under me. Then I decided to just fly over the hillside instead of flying through the tunnel the road takes. Then I got to someone's house and the plywood was more like a folding yoga mat--or possibly Dr. Strange's cape, as it seemed to have some level of intelligence and/or autonomy. Some hit men or spies or something were coming so me and another person had to hide in the closet. Then there was a "Leverage" kind of vibe when they spies left a bomb-thing that we tried to disarm according to SOP but they knew our SOP so they made it so it would go off if you defused it the way we did the old bombs. Fortunately it was more of a prank bomb and sprayed water or something.

Then I was on a big cliffside by the sea. People were flying but not everyone could fly and some of the nonfliers were nervous about just jumping off the cliff. So I took off my raincoat and sat on it and flew out over the sea on it. At first I almost fell off before I got things arranged. (While the yoga mat-thing seemed to fly itself, bot the raincoat and the plywood were just mediums and I used mental powers to fly.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Fucking buggy board double post.

The Question

Eternal
I love flying dreams, although they're a bit weird. Sometimes I'm flying by running, jumping into the air, and then gliding for a while. Other times, it's only sort of levitation. Still other times, it's full-on Superman shit. Sometimes it's effortless, sometimes it's actually physically taxing. Usually the latter if I'm more just hovering than actually zipping around.

Never have had it involve physical objects before, though.

Other weird dream abilities include full-on teleportation and telekinesis; in the telekinesis ones, though, it's not objects I'm manipulating, it's the gravity immediately surrounding them. Have even had recurring dreams of getting in gunfights without a gun on me, so I fired "bullets" of gravity with my mind. Right through enemy cover, squirptch, they implode. Those were fun.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Last night I dreamed I was having to fight off other versions of me from parallel universes as they were trying to replace me

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've gotten better at flying. In dreams from a few years ago, if I concentrated hard enough, I could levitate a foot or two off the ground and slowly move along--like, about half normal walking speed. Maybe get up to 3-8' off the ground. Lately I can fly pretty easily. It's still more hot-air balloon than Superman, but I'll just decide to show off (or whatever) and fly and I'll just be flying around the treetops fairly effortlessly.

The Question

Eternal
I've been getting more instances of Q-like abilities in dreams lately. Teleportation (flash of light included), changing characters/clothing/environments at will. Last night I dreamed I was hungry so just <flash> there's a big sexy-ass brisket sandwich there. Works for me!

Probably people who think that dreams "mean" things would suspect megalomania or something. I don't put much stock in that. Dreams are just the brain's version of a screensaver, IMO.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The worse thing about dreaming you have the force, is waking up and realising you dont.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I try to force choke stupid people anyway.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Weird disjointed stuff today. Something about trying to infiltrate some huge Islamic thing--and I think I was black in that dream. Then a dream about some kind of break in time/multiverse where 2 people were thrown off a building in a lynching and the only way to get time back on track was for people to voluntarily jump off the building. Then they would land into the bodies of the killed people--which would save them--and live out the rest of their lives as the murdered people, back in the 60s.

The Question

Eternal
Pretty interesting one tonight. Was staked out in this sort of dilapidated cabin across the lake from another similar cabin. At the other cabin there were enemy soldiers of some kind, and I was watching the enemy general through the scope of a sniper rifle waiting for the perfect shot on the guy.

Then got bored of waiting, so I decide to explore this cabin instead. Looks pretty measly -- just one smallish bedroom, a kitchen with dorm size appliances, and that front room. Then I find a sort of narrow stairway and go downstairs -- and the downstairs is fucking huge. Big ass sitting room with luxury couches and recliners, bookcases, wet bar; hallway full of luxury-hotel-room-size bedrooms, each one with its own kitchenette; restaurant size main kitchen; indoor swimming pool.

I remember thinking the camp of enemy soldiers got gypped royal if all they got over on their side was the lake was the upstairs part of one of these cabins. Then I felt too sorry for 'em to shoot 'em.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OOH! Yesterday morning--between 2 and 5-ish--was interesting: The theme was apparently hidden places and childhood homes. And it dredged up/linked to past dreams I'd even forgotten all about.

To be fair, the old farm had its fair share of hidden places already--there was a tunnel under the roof of the house along one side that led back to a little cubby behind my closet wall. And there was one on the roof of the barn that led to a room alongside the silo. Then there was a little outbuilding with an attic of sorts that was accessible with a stepladder from a door above the actual door. Dad cut out one of the ceiling boards along the joists so it was hidden so me and my brother could climb up inside and pretend it was the command module of a rocket. These are all real places. There were a couple others too.

But in my dream, Dad had a little secret room under his office and I was going through his things there because I wasn't going to be there for awhile. Just a little hole in the floor to get to it. Or I would have been going through them but I forgot that was why there was an old rope in his office so I had to go up to my room to get the rope. Which was when I remembered he'd also built a little secret room under *my* room. All of this was quite an engineering feat, as his office and my bedroom were on the same floor, next to each other, and my room was over the living room and his was over the kitchen, but I digress. The really neat thing is one of the rooms was linked to another secret room from an earlier dream--only Dad had converted it, unknown to me, into a shrine for the pets buried on the farm, with a little artistic monument for each of them.

There was more, I think, but that's most of what I remember.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I had a dream with Abigail Breslin in it but I can't remember much.

The Question

Eternal
Had a dream that I was downtown and there was some dude wandering around cosplaying as Superman but being a dick to people. So I grabbed him up and flew around with him. He was freaking out, screaming and flailing around. Meanwhile I'm trying to find a place to drop him where he won't fall on and hurt some random innocent person. So I dropped him in the lake. Fucker.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Not a terribly exciting dream. I was tryingl to play some kind of quest game on my phone. It had 3 phases and may or may not have been Star Trek themed. In the first phase you had to pick the stuff you'd be bringing with you and assign values to each item before you land in a kind of junglr and interact with the people and creatures you meet. But I'm with people from work at some function and really shouldn't be fucking off on my phone so I'm trying to get through phase one. I'm trying to scroll through the stuff so I don't use all my space/points and then find a bunch of better stuff later in the list. But the interface is clunky and I accidentally start phase two before I've assigned all my stuff. I'm trying to get the game to let me go back to phase one and it won't so I take so long getting off a boat that it is out of position for everyone behind me. Me and the guy on the dock are trying to get the boat back into position but I'm still fighting with this stupid game interface and wind up tipping the boat or something so that when I look up, all my friends/coworkers are in the water. They swim to the beach and I feel like a dick. Since I'm the only one dry, I decide to jump in the water as a show of solidarity but it takes forever to get my phone to shut off. Then the water is really shallow so I have to wade waaay out. By the time I jump in, everyone's moved on, talking to each other and no one cares that I jumped in the water.

The Question

Eternal
I was trading storytelling for some kind of weird-ass speculation-based currency called Raivupal or something. Looked like a regular U.S. promissory note except the $ was replaced with some weird-ass half-asian half-Arabic symbol and the value of each note fluctuated depending on the market. Went through this big argument/rigmarole to get it converted into $ only to realize that's how $ work anyway so there was no fuckin' point to converting it anyway.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Two today. Not particularly complex. One probably says more about me that I should share, if there are any psychologist types out there:

First one was basically a "Cloverfield" dream. I think I started out as a character--I'm not me, I'm some National Guard officer and his enlisted counterpart, but eventually we just dropped that and I was me. Not clear if I was reactivated to the military or I just dug out the old uniform to pitch in. Anyway, there's this Cloverfield-type monster (only with a lot lower budget) that comes out at night. So we've got this command post and reaction forces to try to stop the creatures (no armor, artillery, or air--I think because this was a low-budget dream). So basically, every night we try to spot the monsters before they spot us, load up as much ammo as we can carry, and just start dumping magazines into them while walking backwards and trying to do enough damage to stop them. In the last phase of the dream, I was in danger of being overrun--in spite of still having plenty of ammo because I literally couldn't shoot fast enough--when I realized this would be the ideal time to use the 3 round burst setting on the M-16. Noteworthy to this dream is, it may be the only dream I've ever had where firearms actually worked. Whenever there's a gun in my dreams, it inevitably jams or I've brought the wrong kind of ammo or the sights are screwed up or I've just forgotten to bring any ammo. I'll even have dreams where I'm double and triple checking the gun and the thing still doesn't work when I need it.

The next dream, the details weren't clear, but apparently I got taken to a bar that may or may not have been a strip club, but the catch was that the women at the club hired men for kinky, kinky sex. And apparently men like me were rare and in high demand. My host set me up with an encrypted phone that I could be contacted on and wished me luck just before I woke up.