DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Love Child

One Love
That is true. Especially when it is slow.

I just remembered another dream I had also last night.

I was camping with some friends and at one point my camera became ruined. I went to pick it up before going out on a hike and someone had damaged it, or replaced it with a damaged lens and I kept thinking, "Did I do this to my camera? Is this the same lens?" But then I concluded that I indeed had not done it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I had a dream that I had friends.

CaptainWacky

It's on tv all the time so I wouldn't need either.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've had a couple recently that have been postworthy, but I forgot them too quickly. This morning was a continuation of an earlier dream (earlier last night or a different night? I don't know). I'm with The Governor. The Governor is a central casting governor--55 year old white man with good hair and a dark pinstripe suit--think Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, The President on "The West Wing." I had to bring him an envelope. He opens it and says it's a political enemy trying to blackmail him about his wife. He needs me to testify about it. I reluctantly agree. Later he wants me to testify that the sender of the letter was into degenerate homosexual acts and other things.

At this point I tell him that I can't say any of that for him under oath because I don't know any of it. Because I can tell he's pissed, I say I can still testify about the blackmail over his wife but no one seems to get really upset, politically, about something like that. (And after I woke up and/or thought about it in the dream) really all I can actually testify is that someone gave me a sealed envelope to deliver to The Governor.

The Question

Eternal
Had a dream that I somehow ended up on an airliner, except that it was only about the size of a city bus. I only discovered it was about the size of a city bus when it landed and drove into a bus terminal instead of landing at an airport. As I'm grabbing my go-bag and walking off the thing, the older woman in the window seat next to the aisle seat I'd been sitting in tells me I dropped my map.

I have no idea where I even freaking am, so I thank her and take the map. I look at it and somehow it's animated, like a printed sheet of paper but with the abilities of a computer display. I see a pulsing red dot which I somehow knew was the "You Are Here" idea, and written on the map is the name of the city: "Patschauuk: Pearl Of The Night Eye". That in particular is what made me remember the whole dream, because that's a bizarrely, unaccountably poetic name for a city.

So I get off the airliner/bus/thing and I'm walking down the street looking at the buildings. Looks just like Phoenix except the area I'm in is waterfront. But there's nothing coastal about the place -- not the vegetation, the architecture, the climate, nothing. Weirdest shit ever, weird enough that I still remember that dream like two whole weeks later.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
To recap: I think the reason I remember so many of these dreams is that they happen very late and are nicely framed. I remember hearing you have to be asleep a long time to really get into dream state. BS. I wind up having to get up some time between 6 & 8am to let my dog out. Then I sleep until around 9:50 (I work 2nd shift). Almost all the dreams I post here happen during that timeframe.

This morning's dream was a Zombie Apocalypse dream. But not a horrifying action nightmare. Just boring logistics. Zombies were more of a nuisance. I was renovating a building--maybe a Mexican restaurant. It had a patio with big plaster arches and a Southwestern feel to it. So I was fitting these big ornate wood gate/shutters over the arches. The could be swung shut and then these latches could be hooked in place at the top and bottom. Both I and a kibbutzer/the owner, watching my work had reservations about the latches. "Those are so simple even a zombie could figure them out."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OMG. I don't know if it was the rain on the roof, getting something approaching a decent amount of sleep, or not enjoying a cocktail or four before bed, but the dreams were in overdrive--transitioning from one to another. If there was an underlying theme, it was alternate reality and/or work.

First one I remember, I had been selected for some special program. Had to sign a waiver and then I lived in this compound that, outwardly appeared normal, but we were definitely prisoners there. I'd been looking for a chance to escape but it never quite lined up. Then one day everyone was going to go on a field trip into town to get ice cream. I mentioned that I didn't really feel like going and the asian lady that was the Big Boss' "girl Friday"--but was sympathetic to us--pointed out that everyone--even the doctor--would be gone so it would be the perfect time for me to escape. This dream must have happened pre-2007, because I still had my Dodge Avenger in it.

Before I know it, I've been called back to active duty. I duck into a restroom on the base to make sure my uniform is right. It's all screwed up. So I set about fixing the belt and the tie and the cap and trying to get at the tag behind my neck to tuck it in. It's also some weird WWII TV show version of the uniform that I suspect came from watching reruns of "Baa-Baa Black Sheep" at dinnertime on Saturdays. A couple other guys come into the bathroom and I acknowledge them as "gentlemen." They both get a chuckle because one of them is clearly a Staff Non-Commissioned Officer from some imaginary foreign country whose enlisted uniforms look like officer uniforms. I start into the story about how Navy Chief rank emblem looks, to someone with bad eyes, enough like a LtCol or Major's rank from a distance that they get saluted a lot in Quantico, where there are lots of new 2nd Lts about.

Then I'm at my current job for a split second--or am I just remembering something that actually happened at my current job on Friday? I dunno. Anyway, that bit didn't last long before I'm at my last job, but we have a different manager. Not a better manager, but a different one. I can't find the file I need and she's offering me advice but the advice is all idiotic.

That's about it. The dream starts exciting and moves to the banal. Oh well.

CaptainWacky

I keep having more convincing "maybe this is real and real life is the dream!" dreams. I think one day I'll probably become convinced reality is a lie and lose my mind.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Follow the White Rabbit, Neo.

The Question

Eternal
Had a weird one last night. I was Google Hangouts doing the monthly meeting with the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor, and the other writers I work with on the magazine, but for some reason I was in the park doing this from my phone, instead of at home on the desktop. Well, it's a pretty laid back meeting, but David Duchovny keeps grabbing at my phone and trying to say weird shit to my co-workers, or kicking at my shins and missing, or flipping off passing cars and then pointing at me, which for some reason is getting the drivers pissed off at me instead of at him. Was a truly annoying dream.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Dream snippets from last night: I made a friend when I had a dodgeball team but lost track of him over later years--mostly by my own fault. But we mended fences and caught up on what had been happening in our lives. Another dream, good friend since elementary school was buying...a Cadillac? And he took time to show me a car stereo I was interested in. The salesman was concerned that he was buying the stereo just to sell to me and had my friend kicked out of the mall. I went and tried to explain that I had intended to buy a stereo for myself and just wanted to see it by my car but it was no good, they wouldn't let my friend back in. And then I heard some guys bragging about castrating someone and leaving them to die and realized the victim was a guy I work with.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Mildly entertaining one this morning: I was at some high school that had a dickhead football coach who was generally hated and feared by the community. I'd done something to piss him off and now he wanted to kick my ass. I could have just left, but I'd forgotten a couple bits off the cap of a pen in the bleachers. The very top of the cap unscrews (this is an actual pen I'm looking at as I type this) to hold the brass pocket clip in place. I'd left the brass clip there along with the plastic top. The pen would work perfectly fine without the clip, but I wanted it back so I was trying to get around behind the guy and get them but he kept heading me off. The other people in the bleachers were quite unhappy about everything that was going on. At some point I decided, "You know what? This guy is older than me, stupider than me, and not as strong as me. I'll just confront him." And I did. And everyone in the bleachers was happy that I stood up to the guy.

The Question

Eternal
Had one of those flying dreams. (I actually have a lot of those). In this one I was in some big box store like a Costco or a Sam's Club or whatever. I think I spot something waaaay up on the top shelf that I want, but I can't really make it out clearly and there are no ladders, so I just hover on up for a better look. Well, one of the employees sees me and starts yelling at me to quit flying inside the store. Naturally I do what any mature adult would do -- I start grabbing shit off that top shelf and pelting the employee with it telling him to fuck off and mind his own business.

CaptainWacky

I had a dream where @headvoid was teaching a course on advertising (or something) and I came to see him but couldn't find him and was walking around a big building with a friend from school asking people if they'd seen "headvoid" anywhere. They hadn't.

The Question

Eternal
Almost 1700 hours. But I don't have to wait to go home. I work from hom. I am home.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So yeah. The trippy dreams come just before waking. And they get packed in there. I can have a 3 hour dream in 5 minutes. There's some "Inception" shit going on there. My alarm goes off at 9:30. Snooze goes at 9:35. I set another snooze to go at 9:50. I can have about 4 huge dreams in that timeframe. Add in the time when The Dog wants to go outside around 7:30-8 and that's where the wild dreams happen.

Had one where I was in a band. I may have been a Negro. The band were all Negroes. Although it wasn't a rap group. Our producer was up our butts because they wanted to launch a record label with us and we hadn't settled on a label name. Ultimately we came up with Icon Records. And the logo was a grey circle with "icon" in white san serif font across it. Then I had to get to a spot on Conan O'Brien and I didn't have enough time to get dressed, so I had to skip a tie and wear loafers without socks. Really!? I'm going to be sitting. Not having socks will be horrible. Anyway, to get there, we needed to go through these tunnels. I had a bicycle. But there were also these weird concrete "boats". And someone needed to open the floodgates uphill. But that wasn't working, so they were also opening the side tunnels. Then, when the water hit, it swamped the boat and my bicycle dragged me down. I tried to figure out a way to hang onto the bike because it was Important, but it was killing me. Luckily I woke up around then.