DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed we were in the car with my wife, my mum, and someone I used to work with, one of them, I can remember which, saw a baby horse and insisted that we rescue it, by putting it in the boot and driving it to the horse rescue centre.

This didnt happen in real time, I only knew about it because it was on the news showing footage of us stealing a donkey, it then somehow cut to inside the car to clearly show me and my friend laughing at a joke, but making it look like we were laughing about the donkey kidnapping.

I think it was on local news, because then it cut back to Penn Jillett who was on the show with a woman, the woman asked him to "fuck her" then the announcer was said to his co star, did he say fuck, and the other guy said, yes he said fuck, then it cut back to the couch with Penn making out with his woman, while this half human, half cubert looking thing jumped up and down on the couch.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The news are always framing people for horse theft.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This morning's dream doesn't get many points for coherence, but it was vivid and odd as shit, with a bit of an "Inception" twist.

For some reason Emma Watson is dragging me backwards through a quarry or other rocky barren terrain. I mean, she isn't literally *dragging* me, she got me from behind--either by the hair or the collar of my coat--and got me off balance so I had no choice but to stumble along behind her. She thinks this is great fun but I'm pissed off and annoyed by how dangerous it is, because if I trip over a hole or a rock or something, she isn't big enough to break my fall--even if she was paying attention, which she isn't--and there's plenty of big nasty rocks that I could bash my brains on pretty good. (All this may or may not be for a TV show or something, by the way, it isn't clear.) Anyway, because she isn't paying attention, I finally get an opportunity to get my balance, spin her around and pin her down on the ground and kneel on her--the way a big brother torments a little sister. I punch her in the center of the chest about a half dozen times to teach her a lesson.

About this time I dream this was all a nightmare and wake up realize I'm punching a totally innocent Emma Watson. While I'm apologizing and helping her up she realizes I fucked her up pretty good--broken ribs or damaged internal organs or whatever. Next thing I know, we're in the hospital and they're trying to get her patched up but now there's apparently some problem with her lady-parts region that will require extensive bandages for a period of time. I realize the seedy Hispanic dude in the next bed is perving on all this and get him out of there. Not much else I can remember. Woke up pretty soon after that.

A lot of dreams I have--even when they're odd--I can make some kind of sense of. This one is just very strange and unsettling. Maybe I feel off-balance and overwhelmed in life and I'm trying to get on my feet but life keeps dragging me along? If that's the case, am I worried that if I get control of life that will somehow screw life up even more than if I kept stumbling along backwards? Hmm. That might actually be the case. That or I ate 1 too many chimichangas before bed.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
More conventional, narrative dream this morning. Lots of detail. My brother has owned a bar in a small town for some years now. It has been slowly dying and he's avoided making needed changes. I gave up on giving my brother unsolicited advice years and years ago. I stopped giving him solicited advice years ago because he doesn't listen to even that. So in my dream he was listening to me and had totally redone the place in a kind of Mexican (or possibly Rick's Cafe from "Casablanca") motif and was serving food. The place was hopping, he had servers who were skillfully bantering with the customers. Good times.

At one point he asked me why all the changes to the interior while leaving the exterior basically the same. This stumped me for a bit but eventually I said "how much time do you spend standing out in the street looking at the outside of a bar you're going to? Besides, do they ever spend a lot of time on the exterior in that "Bar Rescue" show?

Later on it was quiet. I don't know if it was daytime or just slow and I was apparently holding down the bar by myself. I'd worked up a proposal for a loan from Mom for renovations to the bar but hadn't pitched it, since things were going well. Around this time I found out that my brother had made all the renovations because he thought I was financing them (there may have been some kind of grant of small business loan too, the dream wasn't clear). He comes out from the back with his shirt on his head like a hat or something and says it's been dead lately. That's around when I woke up.

The Question

Eternal
Dreamed I was riding in a pretty luxurious autonomous vehicle, probably about SUV size but with no driver controls, and instead of windows it had displays. Which was great except the thing had a personality, and its personality was asshole. It kept showing weird screensaver-like effects instead of what was outside the vehicle. Like one minute it's the old Windows 3.1 "starfield" screensaver, and when I finally switch it off of that, it's a weird-looking city as rendered in TRON graphics.

Love Child

One Love
Did I write about my 2 part series dream I had the other night?

The first part had Shirley Temple as a child and the 2nd part had James Bond. I hadn't even watched any of these shows or read or watched anything with these 2 characters that day-but I ended up dreaming about them both.

In the James Bond movie I had a gun in my hand as we were chasing the villans. But then the villans turned out to be cardboard cutouts, and the real villans got away. Then I wasn't even sure how many bullets I had in my gun anyway, or how I got it in my hand-and if I had a gun then what did James Bond have? So I ended up trying to hide inside a vehicle, without the keys.

CaptainWacky

That all happened in Quantum of Solace.

The Question

Eternal
Earlier tonight I had a lovely bit of a nap and dreamed that I was inspecting a house with a real estate agent. Well, the real estate agent disappeared somewhere, which didn't bother me, and I continued on through the house. I open the bathroom door and there's Marina Sirtis sitting on the toilet pinching a loaf. WTF. Ew. So I apologize for bursting in, close the door, and wander off.

Then, for no reason, it's suddenly night, and there's a fire in the living room fireplace -- really huge, almost overdone fireplace of big rocks all mortared together. I sit down, wondering what kind of trouble I'm gonna get into for being inside a house I don't own with nobody else there, and suddenly there's a woman wraps me up from behind, being all snuggles and cuddles and whispering all breathy in my ear. Apparently it's Marina Sirtis again (the young version visually but the older version from conventions with bein' all dirty-minded and snarky humorous.) So I guess that was a good way to wake up to a hard-on.

CaptainWacky

Are you sure you didn't do some sleep drinking?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed the day time sky turned black as an alien ship darkened the clouds, then when it broke through it was really shoddy CGI.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Had a dream this morning that I was visiting my grandmother's house with the rest of my family. I go into the kitchen to get a snack, and some movie starts playing on TV, and the movie apparently has "Push It To The Limit" as part of its soundtrack. Before anything really absurd happens, my alarm clock goes off, and I wake up.... and "Push It To The Limit" is still stuck in my head.

CaptainWacky

Had a long, multi-part dream last night. Wish I'd written this down earlier instead of waiting until now but as far as I remember it went: I met some new people. They already knew each other. We were in a city. Doing stuff. Walking around a shop, shopping for clothes. Really big shopping mall in my dream, lots of details. I got lost for a while, just walking about it. Anyway we jumped forward in time and these people were my friends. We were in my high school and a girl had inented a mini N64, like the mini NES and SNES they have. I was very impressed, but all the games on it looked lame so I didn't want to play it. Then zombies attacked. People died. My friends were the leaders of the surviving humans and I was just kind of there. Then the whole place we were in flooded. I was just walking through the water at first but then I saw drowned bodies coming towards me and I released I was under water and had to swim out. We went somewhere else and it was weeks or months later again and lots of my friends had died. We all talked sadly about them and I had all these memories of these people who never actually existed. Then somehow I was the leader against the zombies but I guess that was too much pressure and I woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Not many noteworthy dreams of late--or at least ones that I remembered. This morning there was one that was all over the map. And a psychologist that knows how to interpret dreams would probably have a field day with it--so I'm hoping there isn't one here.

It started out like some kind of "Mighty Morphin' Fantastic Four"--I was on some kind of space mission or something, with some other people and we all got powers. Then we had to defend a Japanese village. This made us late for some event. (The order of things gets unclear here.) There was some kind of dinner. I made it to it, but apparently wasn't at the right table and I got a nasty text from Newt Gingrich, who was sitting with my kids (I don't have kids) and was pissed that I never showed up. Determined to remedy this, I put on a suit to go to the thing, but there wasn't a mirror so I wasn't sure about the tie. Also there was some arch-enemy hitman type who looked a bit like Cipher from "The Matrix"--bald, beady-eyed, and with a goatee--who had it in for me. The event had two comedians. One had one some kind of award, but the other was the headliner. I pointed out that the award guy was funny but uneven while the headliner had consistently good material that built on itself. Everyone pretty much agreed. Oh, and I found a car window to check my tie on. Good thing too, because not only was the knot messy, I'd somehow managed to button all the rest inside the shirt.

So. Tie fixed, Walther PPK/S in pocket--Wait, what? I don't remember putting that there--I'm transported to a muddy clifftop in a downpour to face Cipher. Somehow I've wound up dangerously close to the edge, which was sloping and treacherous, on my hands and knees (and trying not to get my suit any muddier than necessary) while Cipher was higher up, shirtless, and explaining his Master Plan or gloating over my impending demise or whatever villains do. Once I got up, I was supposed to fight him hand to hand, but I was thinking I should just shoot him and be done with it. Heck, why not shoot him now? Then I don't have to worry about him pushing me off the cliff while I'm trying to get some footing.

I guess we'll never know because I woke up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The other night Thomas woke me up about 3AM talking in his sleep, I must have fallen back to sleep with that in my mind, as in my dream I went in his room and he was playing fornight on his pad in bed, I went mad at him and took his pad off him, then took his PS4 remotes for good measure and slammed the door shut.
I then woke up again and thought to myself, did that really happen?

And then I thought to myself, if it had happened in real life, I probably wouldn't have been on the ceiling.

CaptainWacky

I remember I had a lucid dream once where all I did was start walking on the ceiling in my house, then started kissing a (male) friend from school. I didn't have much of an imagination.

CaptainWacky

Had another long one last night. I was watching a new season of Twin Peaks, but I was also inside it. It was set on my street and many of my neighbours and people I know were in it and were murdered or turned out to be ghosts or just randomly disappeared. Was quite scary. Then David Lynch was in a bathtub full of water, wearing his Gordon Cole suit. I started interviewing him about the season. I asked him about one thing which I thought was "bad writing" because it seems so contrived, but he said that it's all about the emotion and it doesn't matter if things don't make exact sense. Then I put my feet in the bath tub (I don't know why, it was a dream) and he said I owe him money now(?) Then everything disappeared and I was inside a Mario 64 type game. I was jumping from rotating platforms but some of them started to disappear and I'd fall through them. David Lynch said as a disembodied voice that this was a "metaphor" for something. That's all I remember.

Love Child

One Love
I had a sex dream about a coworker last night. Except there was no sex. We were at work, but for some reason my desk was a bed, so I was laying on it doing work when my coworker had a question and so he was sitting there, and then eventually laying down next to me, but then he got up and had to meet some friends or something. I DON"T KNOW! EVEN MY SEX DREAMS SUCK!

CaptainWacky

Maybe you just want to sleep at work more.