DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had a few last night. Forgot most of them. Woke up a bit before 4 to use the bathroom. Then I woke up 2 hours later because The Dog was going nuts over what seemed to be someone banging on my front door. After taking the appropriate precautions, I checked the door and no one was there. Today is trash day, so I'm guessing it must've been the dump truck, having trouble with a can. Anyway, before I got woke up I had a variation of a dream that I realize I've told here before:

I'm in...a law firm? Marketing? Some kind of law enforcement agency? Most likely legal or marketing. We're all working on our projects before the Big Meeting in the afternoon. I'm working with someone but our project is overwhelming and my heart's not in it and the boss keeps coming by to remind us not to gloss over the form that is part of the data. And for some reason I'm in jammies and a robe. After about the 3rd time she stopped by (and no notable progress by us) I asked her for clarification of what we were supposed to have for the form, but her reply was still ambiguous. Finally it's time for the meeting so everyone's filing in around the table and I realize I'm the only person wearing a bathrobe. Through the big glass conference room windows, I can see the boss leaving her office and coming our way. I grab a shirt and pants and am about to duck in the closet to try to change but I realize she's made a power play to be the last one to arrive at the table so she doesn't have to wait. So if she sits down and has to wait for me, that's probably worse than if I'm in a robe. But then I realize we're sitting around a table so I only have to put on a shirt. I try to get this done before she shows up (although the big glass windows probably make this all a moot point, now that I think about it) but fail. She says something acerbic to me and I (mostly sincerely) offer to resign but everyone has a laugh and she turns down my resignation. And that's when the trashman started banging on the can and upsetting the dog.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nothing very exciting. I have a 15 minute snooze alarm and I've fairly recently decided that as long as I have no commitments that require me to get up, I'll just keep hitting snooze as long as I keep having dreams, because clearly my brain has stuff it needs to process. Alarm went off around 7:30 today. Wound up getting up a bit before 9. Multiple pretty mundane little dreams (and "Inception" really has it down, I can fit about a 3 hour dream into a 15 minute snooze) but I had at least 2 that involved alcohol producers--totally unrelated. First one, we're visiting a winery/brewery, like on a tour--or maybe I'm doing market research for them. Next one, I have some kind of store and we carry craft beer. Very small time, a few cases. We can't get any so I'm at the brewery, talking to someone and they're pointing out the supply chain headaches and how they can't even keep their big customers supplied.

Mirah

I love you
Something about hanging out with a guy
And then we were cooking and the kitchen was leaking water everywhere, and bats. I must mention the bats.
And then we are with family in MN. It is 4th of July we are about to watch the best firework show on the river

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh! Significant dream sequence last night. No idea what it means. I'm in some kind of military/paramilitary organization and we have to take this house. Dunno if there are hostages or we just need a plan but me and one other guy get sent to get intel. Other guy is basically comic relief. And I am apparently Superman. [as I type this, I know I've forgotten things, so this is my best reconstruction.] I realize if I'm Superman, I can just listen for breathing/heartbeats to figure out who is in the building. But then I realize I don't know how hearing breathing and heartbeats is going to let me pinpoint where anyone is. But then I also realize--again--that I'm Superman. So I improvise a cape from a purple bedsheet and fly up to hover over the building and scan it with X-Ray vision. THEN I realize that if I'm Superman, it is kind of pointless to be gathering intel for a SWAT-style raid and I just smash in the ceiling and solve the problem.

Next up, I'm...on some kind of double date where I'm with this girl I had a crush on about a decade ago that I had to write off. Somehow she gets kidnapped or something. I go to save her, but I need a disguise or something, so I cobble together a vaguely Dr. Who costume consisting of a scarf my aunt knitted me back when I was in my tweens, my Indy fedora, and a black velvet blazer. But then I--again--realize I'm Superman. And rather than try to find a phone booth or something I just make my outfit dissolve in sparkly light into a Superman costume.

Perhaps the most noteworthy aspect of this dream is my brain doesn't at all cockblock me. I'm full-on Superman. Bulletproof. I can fly. Easily. No failing or floating a few inches above the ground with intense concentration, just BAM! I can fly. It was interesting.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Had some weird fever dreams this week where the who night was just one recurring dream.

I one I spent hours trying to paint a peice of pizza, and not getting it right, eventually I found an artist who told me he could do it for 20 thousand pounds, I was like, get fucked bro.

The other one was more fascinating it was like I was watching a movie, something happened on earth and from that moment anyone who died, immediately teleported away and appeared somewhere else in the world cured, this would also happen to people who had bursts of adrenaline. Eventually people leaned to control it, an idiot in a diving suit teleported to the moon to prove the earth was flat and the moon landing fake, only to see a spherical earth and the eagle landing legs.

A suicide bombed went into the White House, but got two excited just before he exploded, and ended up beaming back home taking the explosion with him.

Now that guns can't actually kill people their sales went down, and the travel industry went bankrupt as noone needed to fly any more.

Hospitals became less busy, as anyone needing an operation would just get shot in the head and be fine after.

I not sure how much of it I dreamed and how much I imagined between dreams based on the scenario, would think it would make for a good story though.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Ha! I was like "respawning..." and thinking that's basically a video game--although you only get 3 lives. And then thinking Time Lords are like video game characters--only they get 12 respawns. And then realizing you can get points in games to earn more lives. Interesting concept. You can "die" 3 times in life, but then you've got to go out and do things to score more points to get extra lives.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Probably boring to anyone else, but I enjoyed this one: I was a member of some kind of charitable/professional/etc organization--like the Optimist Club or the Shriners or something. And it was frustrating and stupid. We had these seminars and working groups and the people running them would skip over key information like we all just knew it. Then they were telling us that projects were coming due soon and a lot of them were way behind. A handful of people around me joined in the revolt--What are the projects? How are they assigned? No one told me to do anything so I haven't done any work on these projects you keep talking about.

Then we were supposed to print out and take this test. I found the test I was supposed to take but for some reason I decided to take a different test. The first one was boring and the other one was related but more interesting? I don't know. Somehow it was like the paper was carbonless or something because my answers were marking up the other pages--but that really wasn't relevant to the story. I showed some busybody next to me the test I was doing and she got all upset (and maybe went to the teachers?) Oh, and I didn't think it really mattered. But apparently it did because, unannounced, they came around and started collecting up the tests. I kind of sheepishly turned mine in and the lady about had a conniption fit. "This is the wrong test! I could get fired because of this!" "How? Why? It's right here in the file. If I wasn't supposed to have it you shouldn't have given us the entire curriculum electronically."

So yeah. Kind of boring dream, but it entertained me for some reason.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Again, a lot of entertaining and trippy dreams lately, but sadly I forget most of them. This morning was some kind of dream where I saw a bigfoot but no one would believe me. Then They were building some kind of structure at a place that was important to the bigfoot--like a guard shack or a toll booth or something. For some reason I had to be there but I insisted they have police too. So these 2 old cops are napping in chairs, up against the building when the bigfoot shows up with the body of his mate (or did we have the body and he was coming for it? Neither really makes any sense) and proceeded to wreck the building...by ramming it with a truck? It gets hazy at that point.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was at some kind of car boot sale and got a wooden horse, although it was just a big H shape, I rode it through a shopping center looking for my mum, Steven Merchant told me he had seen her and pointed me in the right direction, I found her and she looked happy as I approached, then seemed disappointed when I was close enough for her to see properly.

The Question

Eternal
Geckos. Lots of dream about tiny, bitey, annoying geckos, and killing them with various improvised weapons.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This morning KISS was performing but they left without doing an encore. And somehow at this point we were in a little dinky theater instead of a stadium and it was basically an empty stage with some instruments down there and 3-4 burnouts/hippies that were the only other people in the place got up on stage and started improvising "Detroit Rock City" or something. They wanted me to come up and join them but I didn't want to get in trouble.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was at the local cult cinema, for some reason instead of just watching I was setting up the film from my phone, but people kept getting in the way of the menus, I was getting booed and jeered for what seemed like an hour and never could start the film.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had a neat one last night. Sadly, the only thing I remember from it really wasn't relevant to the dream: I had a haircut that I didn't like so I cleaned it up with a clipper. Then I realized that part of the top was really long (like LotR movie elf long) and I was sad that I hadn't noticed this earlier because I could've done something even cooler than just cleaning it up. But now I was just going to have to cut that to even it up with the rest of the top.

There seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of my dreams where I'm part of some organization--a committee, working group, etc--for a company or cause that is really fucked up and we're doing the best we can with limited resources and the people we've got to work with.

Mirah

I love you
I woke up in the middle of the night to see a text from the people I am pet sitting for-and they re-asked me if I could pet sit in this text. I was so confused, like I already went over to thier place twice to feed the cat and water the plants. But then I realized my phone was stuck on a previous text they sent me-but it was too late I had already responded.

I dreamt that I was sleeping at thier place, and that at one point I had brought a mattress outside onto the deck to sleep. I woke up w/ a man starring at me and I tried to run away and for some reason did not make it inside the house but instead or also-I called 911 and tried to alert neighbors for help-in the middle of the night but then he went to the neighbors to explain to them that I was crazy.
I finally woke up inside my dream-
AND THEN someone I used to pet sit for was there and I told him about the nightmare dream. How wierd-to tell someone about the dream w/in the dream.

Mirah

I love you
So....they totally did send a text asking if I was for sure going to be watching the cat this weekend. So strange! I thought I had accidently responded to a previous text. Wierd people are wierd!

Mirah

I love you
Now I am tripping out on the fact that I pet sat a dog in this same house w/ previous owners and am not pet sitting a cat. THEY EACH HAVE BLACK FUR! I was just trying to find a good pic of the cat to send to the owners or even for posting and I'm like, "YEp, same prob I had w/ the dog, trying to get a good pic"

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh. I had a few this morning. Forgot most of them but in one I was at some kind of paramilitary thing--Boy Scout camp or National Guard or some kind of reunion. And I was a shitbird. fat and lazy and sloppy. But apparently I had a relative that had been in whatever unit we were back in black and white photograph days so my relatives were trying to take some kind of past and present tribute photo but it was terrible because I had long(ish) hair and looked all sloppy.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Some really top-notch stuff last night. Sadly I forgot most of it. But there was a Spiderman multiverse dream that I remember that was solid. Basically the last Spiderman movie. Multiple people with similar Spiderman like abilities. And someone with the alien symbiote. The Peter Parkers come up with a trap to lure the Venom symbiote but it backfires and instead draws Venom to that Peter Parker while all the other Peter Parkers are waiting in ambush. Luckily, nothing comes of it so they analyze the remains and it all seems fine--except for the marshmallows, which are funny. Next thing you know, the symbiote is forming into hair and possessing any girl that has black hair. Dunno where it went from there.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OOH! Had one that I forgot that popped back into my head: First off, I'll say I didn't sleep well last night. That or I dreamed I couldn't sleep. But eventually I drifted off. In the dream I worked that night at The Factory (it was a generic factory setting, not at all like the building I currently work in). I was tired so I made myself a little nest and just slept until morning in the building. I was going to just keep sleeping since I had to work the next day anyway when my half awake (in the dream) brain reminded me that I don't work until night--and also that there was a day shift that would be starting up pretty soon. (To say nothing of needing to shower and change clothes.) But I jumped up and started hustling away my little nest and putting on clothes but had to get out of the way for the workers for the first shift so I didn't have the Hawaiian shirt I was wearing over my T-shirt. Then a guy I knew who used to work my shift was selling candy--like giant Swedish Fish and gave me one. Then he insisted I take another--but that I should buy one of the raffle tickets he had. I was embarrassed to find that I had no cash but he let me off the hook and even gave me more candy IIRC. So then I went back to looking unsuccessfully for my missing shirt and realizing I hadn't clocked out. I was considering going to HR to straighten it out but realized I'd probably get in big trouble for sleeping in the factory so I thought I'd just come back the next day and pretend I forgot to clock out.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was in town looking for the bus back home, all the numbers had changed so I just decided to walk home, but it was a wierd super fast walk and I was half way there in no time, then I found two pug puppies that had been put in baby grows, I picked them up, then I saw a sign saying two puppies had been lost so ended up taking them back to their owner. There was a hot girl but nothing really happened with her.