DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Had a few weird ones, can only remember a few snippets, I know I stood on a bear trap at some point, then later me and the wife jumped out of bed because we thought there was a mouse in the bed, but it turned out to be an albino squirrel.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So much going on last night that I almost don't want to tackle it. A few recurring themes and other common dream elements, but in a big, long storyline that started around 6am and resumed (or at least felt linked) through multiple waking ups:

I have a 50# dog who has taken to sleeping on the bed and is a bed-hog and a 7-ish# kitten/cat that prefers to lay on my feet. Given that I like to roll over about every half hour or so, I'm sure this is affecting my dreams. Specifically, the dreams began with the dog looming over me. But then I realized that *my* dog was laying lower on the bed and this was a big strange pit-bull that had somehow gotten into the house without waking anyone up so I'm trying to wake up but I can't.

This transitioned into a dream where I'm in some big old bohemian house, I'm sharing one suite with my mother and someone is in the room and I'm trying to wake up but can't. Eventually I manage to wake up and go retrieve my pistol from the drawer to check out the house. Around this time a cute Asian woman who lives in another part of the house comes down because she thinks she heard someone in the house. Meanwhile my Mom has got up to do something and has turned on some different lights than the ones I had on and I can't figure out what switches do what. Anyhow, I start heading down the hallway and now I'm in a building at a nondescript older little university so I'm trying to keep the pistol out of sight because I'm sure I'm not supposed to be walking around my university carrying a pistol. The bathrobe and jammies is fine, but not the pistol. Eventually I get to the cafeteria just as Magnum P.I. era Tom Selleck dramatically stands up and once he's got everyone's attention, he deliberately dumps his ice cream sundae on the floor. Everyone has ice cream sundaes and apparently they are all somehow terrible. In a cost-cutting measure, instead of having a staff at the cafeteria, they just put out the food before people show up and you have to eat what's there. I do find some roast beef slices on an end table and have a few before moving on.

Not clear what happened next. Did I come back to the room and talk to my Mom? At any rate, I learn that I need to catch up with some people on a canoe trip but if I hurry I can, so I throw on a pack and start hiking down to the lake/river. On the way there, I see some people chopping up my TARDIS and loading it into a truck. I think in the dream it was on some abandoned/neglected public property but someone decided to clean it up so they got rid of it. I'm trying to get the crew's attention but they've only got 4 minutes to get the truck loaded. When they're done, the foreman apologizes for loading up the TARDIS and says I should've said something and that I can have it back if I can get it off the truck. So I take my backpack off and go in to get it. But now the truck is empty and when I'm in it, the foreman grabs my backpack and runs off. At this point I'm super pissed because at some level I realize it is a dream so I'm never going to catch the guy. And sure enough, no matter how fast I run, he always stays ahead just enough that I see him as he goes around the next corner. We get to, like, a bus stop or something and I'm trying to spot him in the crowd. Then...and this is a bit unclear...a couple guys happen to stand next to me and one of them sets something down to do something but when he picks it up again, he also picks up some money that is apparently mine. I call him on it so he does a smartass emptying of his pockets to show there is no money in them. So I start digging around in his pocket and just about the time I feel the edge of a bill, tucked way down inside, his buddy pulls some other con. And then I woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night's most memorable dream was a WWII drama. Think "Band of Brothers." So apparently my subconscious has cable. I dream documentaries and HBO dramas.

Mirah

I love you
Had a few weird ones, can only remember a few snippets, I know I stood on a bear trap at some point, then later me and the wife jumped out of bed because we thought there was a mouse in the bed, but it turned out to be an albino squirrel.
Wait-in the dream or real life?

Mirah

I love you
I had a dream about havin holes in my door which I have had a few times in my life-so I looked it up and found this-which surprised me.

An open door signifies entering a new stage in your life with new opportunities. You are a person that is receptive and willing to accept new ideas and change. A closed or locked door suggests something or someone is blocking you and your progress, or perhaps a project or phase in your life has ended

Mirah

I love you
Since my dream was actually about being in a new place and not having a complete door-like there were several holes in it-I dug further into dream interpretation:

The hole is, quite literally, a void or an emptiness. It is Yonic. In the EARTH, it is a symbol of female fertility; in the roof of a TEMPLE or dwelling, it is the upward opening into the heavenly realm.

Or

Hole in door dream is unfortunately immaturity and inexperience. You are feeling victimized or helpless in some relationship or situation.

Or finally

A door with a big hole It indicates that you are the subject of gossip. Sometimes, this dream signifies that someone could be using your behavior and provoke
you into doing something you wouldn’t normally do.

Take this dream as a warning; pay attention to your surroundings.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Big, extended flying dream that was the closest to lucid dreaming I've ever managed last night. I'm in this huge empty room and I'm bored so I decide I'll just fly around it a bit. It's the flying where you hold out your arms a little, take a deep breath and both relax and empty your mind and concentrate and you just start to float away. Going up or down takes more work than navigating and if you aren't focusing you can start to drift up or town too.

After I got bored with the room, I started exploring. It was a kind of Mediterranean/Moorish castle-type thing that had been converted into a resort or something. As I started floating along the ceiling I was noticing little picture frame like openings in the ceiling with slats in them but enough space that you could see that there was another furnished room up there. Found a stairway but it was too narrow (I wonder if the upstairs was a cat playground?) so but it looked like I'd be able to fly up in the spot above the stairwell. Apparently my brain hadn't planned on me exploring that part because then it changed the architecture so the place I was going to fly through had disappeared.

Then I decided to explore around the perimeter of the place to see how big it was and what it looked like from the outside. This gave me the bright idea that that secret top floor might have some windows or balconies. By that time I was back inside so I went to the...lobby? area. Huge space with a fountain and a mezzanine bar with seating on multiple levels. I was going to fly off the railing on the top floor but there was so much going on that it was difficult to concentrate so I decided I'd better just take off from the floor. But by then enough people were watching me and I was having a hard time taking off. I finally started to get off the ground and some kid tugged on my leg to congratulate me or something and it ruined my concentration so I just gave up and woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Interesting string last night. The theme was, like, apocalyptic movies. And this was clearly movie scenarios, but it wasn't like one of the recent ones where I'm watching the movie. I was a character in it. And then there was a scene change and I was a different character in the same storyline.

So it starts out with a "Speed" type story. I'm on some kind of shiny modern mass-transit. It had windows more like a bus or maybe a train, but it had multiple levels like a boat but in the end it was flying. Anyway, someone had rigged the reactor to explode so we had to get rid of it in time. Luckily the reactor was about the size of a small paper grocery bag and I found it with 5 minutes to spare. But the guy on the radio says I have to throw it out the window RIGHT NOW. I question this because we're flying over a residential area but he insists so I do. It lands in someone's yard and their dog goes to fetch it. Then we have just enough time to bank before we crash into the forest.

Well, later the radiation is killing hundreds and ruining the country and everyone is pointing fingers. I'm trying to make my way to the hospital/science center, but when we get there, the aliens have completed their invasion and are in control. Eventually we decide to make for the NASA facility but the aliens are there too and my character gets captured. The aliens are like the Goa'uld in "Stargate: SG-1" in that all the leaders have Egyptian deity names. They're interrogating me and I want to just cooperate but I hear myself saying something smartass instead and realize my character is doomed. So then I'm a different character with a different group of people, huddling in the middle of a dried up swamp/wasteland and wondering what we should do. We decide first off, that we need a radio so we can see if there's any news or resistance. I think about maybe my cell phone, but those are apparently easier for the aliens to track.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed I found a bedroom in our house that we had not been in since we moved in, and for some reason they had left everything in the room, which included three TVs all showing different channels and a high fi playing music, I turned them all off cursing how much money on electricity this must have cost me over the years. Then I saw a shelf full of unopened Japanese model kits, so there was an upside. There was other rooms but I never got to them.

How I missed an entire floor I don't know.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OH! Good dream cycle last night. Let's see if I can remember any of it:

For a backdrop on last night, I'd agreed to go look at a house I was interested in at the ungodly hour of 9am. Now you wouldn't normally think of 9am as an ungodly hour, but as the days get shorter and I don't actually have to be up at 7:30--and I have an alarm on my watch set to 8:33--it is easier and easier to sleep well past 9. I was also preparing to move a car into rental garage space I had listed and there was a dead groundhog lying in state in my yard that would need to be dealt with. I think all this impacted last night's dreams.

So the early, between midnight and 2am dream, I was an officer in the military so the people on duty with me had to get together for physical training (basically phy-ed class calisthenics). No one wanted to be there and I was getting old enough that some of the exercises were actually challenging (I was pretty my my age me in this dream). My SNCO, a Master Sergeant or Master Gunnery Sergeant was running the actual exercises, so I was doing the awkward officer thing of going around interacting with people and trying to make everyone smile and not be miserable over this stupid thing we were doing.

Then I don't remember any dreams until it was getting around time to get up. So of course I was high school age and worrying about being late for school. For some reason I didn't have to go or I was able to go late, but I kept forgetting this or remembering it but still being tired and trying to wake up, only to find that it was not yet time to go. And then I finally got up and was late anyway. Then, when I was at school, my homework assignment was relatively simple: I was supposed to just go walk into assorted classes while they were in session and ask selected students a battery of survey questions. There weren't that many questions--or that many students, but I thought it was rude and stupid, so I went into my first class, set down my worksheet and wandered around a bit, trying to be unobtrusive while class went on. Eventually I sucked it up and decided to get it over with, but by then my question sheet had disappeared. And it turned out it looked almost exactly like the worksheets for the class, so I was wandering around trying to track down my questions and it was far more disrupting than if I'd just gotten the questions out of the way in the first place (and held onto my worksheet instead of setting it down).

Dr Dave

pillzlol
A few nights ago I had a dream where I was in TK CHAT with CaptainWacky & Tomtrek. Cassie came in (possibly late) and only stayed a few minutes. CaptainWacky was annoyed by this.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was in some kind of mafia film, early 20th century I was being betrayed to the cops by another gang leader, but while he was boasting the cops turned on him and threw him off a cliff and I was let go

Later I went to a hotel where all the lifts were pulled up by men with ropes and met a young woman who I went for a walk with.

We got on a team but as we went up the stairs the staircase was so narrow I got claustrophobic and woke up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was in some kind of mafia film, early 20th century I was being betrayed to the cops by another gang leader, but while he was boasting the cops turned on him and threw him off a cliff and I was let go

Later I went to a hotel where all the lifts were pulled up by men with ropes and met a young woman who I went for a walk with.

We got on a team but as we went up the stairs the staircase was so narrow I got claustrophobic and woke up

Mirah

I love you
Fishing nets
Church/ 64 people
Me changing clothes
Sleeping w/ an ex- except it didnt happen because church
Broccoli

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had one this morning that I forgot until now. And only just realizing a theme. The theme is that I've renovated something at my parents' house, but I screwed it up and now it is rotting and terrible. I've been having variations of this dream for awhile.

So I'm visiting (living with?) my parents and for some reason I decide to pull up a floor mounted heating duct. Along with the torn up framing, the crawlspace is almost entirely filled with water. I say not to freak out about the wood, because that was left over from when I worked on the space, but the water is worrisome and ask Mom if she has a pump. She brings me what, in waking, I realize was an aquarium pump.

I sink it under the floor and everyone goes to bed. Next morning it is worse. There is actually standing water about the floor. I try to convince myself that this is just water that got tracked around before we found the leak but know this isn't true. I also try to figure out if the pump got shut off during the night. (This was all a morning dream, during the "I should get up now" part of the morning--after 7am-ish.)

Interestingly, the floorplan of this house has absolutely NOTHING to do with my parents' house, but that is what it is supposed to be.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I had my recurring dream office job last night. Nothing terribly exciting about it, except that it was election day and I was at work. And I'd forgotten but then the boss gave us time off to go vote. Lately, since I retired(?), I've been worrying about if I have enough income or should line up another job, so I was happy to remember I had this side office job and wondering why I'd forgotten about it. Then my conscious brain intruded long enough to point out it was because I was dreaming and that this wasn't a real job.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Was waiting at a train station to come home, a st Bernard came up to me, started telling me jokes, then gave me a hug.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Dog woke me up at 1am, wanting to go Out. Then she wanted to lay on the bed and I was having a hard time getting back to sleep. I finally got back to sleep without realizing it. I dreamed that I got up to go to the bathroom or something and when I got back The Dog had basically built a pillow fort for herself. She'd pulled the pillowcase off one of my nice pillows and pulled some of the stuffing out. The outer layer was just that woolly synthetic stuff but I was curious what the proprietary material was that helped it keep its shape and it turned out to be this old guy head, poking out. A little like a disheveled Earnest Hemingway. Or that meme old guy. And I was like "OK, cool. I'm back to sleep."