Drunk Hambil has arrived

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Yaah we're all smart, yada yada. I lose intest in this. I meant to offend noone. The window is nearly closed anyway. Believe what you must.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
It's "no one."

I love you, Hambil. :mrsa:

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Spelling and grammar, BTW have if anything proven to be the antithesis of genius.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
That's the question that always keeps me up at night. There are clear upper and lower bounds on how many places you can put commas in English sentences and still look sane/literate, but where within that grey area do I want to fall?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think I missed the drunken Hambil hour of power.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe not.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
It's fading fast, but there is still some drunken mojo to go

Donovan

beer, I want beer
A couple random things to add, because they occurred to me:

1. To find the smartest man in the room, don't look to the one saying "I am smartest," look to all the others saying "He is smartest." Intelligence does not need to advertise. But that was probably just the alcohol talking. I myself have grown smart enough over the years to become uncomfortable with the amount of shit I still don't know. I suspect I will die with that feeling.

2. I once was shown a state of the art computer and told, "This is the smartest electronic brain in the world. There is nothing it cannot do."
I asked it to make me a sandwich.

3. You are about a month too late for "ask me anything" parody threads. We all ran out of questions.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I love the idea that a entire religion springs up on the basis of someone wanting Salivation.

BLESS THE HOLY DRIBBLE

I SPIT ON YOU TO BLESS YOU

WORSHIP THE DOG JUST BEFORE HE EATS, FOR HE HAS MASTERED TRUE SALIVATION

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
That's the question that always keeps me up at night. There are clear upper and lower bounds on how many places you can put commas in English sentences and still look sane/literate, but where within that grey area do I want to fall?

Personally, I, strangely enough, feel, despite popular belief, that commas, despite their constant overuse by some, need, seriously, to be used, however unpopular, as much as possible.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
What about ellipses?

It makes me wonder...

In any case, "smart" is a concept like God, nebulous and worthy of debate.

I for one feel like I was a LOT smarter as a child than I am now. I've lost a fair amount of IQ, and not to drugs (which, beyond alcohol on occasion, I just never got into the habit of doing). I've felt "dull". Maybe it's depression or emotional issues, and no I don't take anything but therapy for the depression either.

Maybe turning 40 is like a severe blow to the head: enough to addle and change you, but not enough to disable you in a truly noticeable way?

I need a "drunken thread" of my own.

If you have anything left, Hambil, answer me this: How many people can truly claim to be self-contained, ego-wise? Even the aesthetic monk in the desert calls upon God to validate his existence...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think it's that when you start getting close to 40 you begin to realize it doesn't matter how smart you are. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Then you won't mind signing this little piece of parchment for me in front of witnesses?

Be sure to spell it right, probate's kinda picky about these things (in theory, in your case)

:D

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
If you have anything left, Hambil, answer me this: How many people can truly claim to be self-contained, ego-wise? Even the aesthetic monk in the desert calls upon God to validate his existence...
Well, I'm not drunk so it wont' be the same but I took a few extra xanax just for you and I'll do my best.

Anyone can claim to be anything.

But to answer your question, had it been correctly asked: Nothing is self-contained. Two is always required for anything. Motion is always relative between two bodies. Thus to exist without the need for external validation one must create an internal validator, as a virtual subsitute. In addition, if one could even accomplish such a feat they would be doing so based on an idea that someone else put in their head, and thus still be seeking external validation.

Of course we could get into the infinitely reducing (or expanding) model of relative motion and existence - meaning that I have motion relative to you. But my arm also has motion relative to my body. My atoms have motion relative to each other. Their electrons have motion relative to each other. And so on. Until and if we someday discover the particle that is made of nothing, yet everything is made of. But then, infinity has always been a rabbit hole mind fuck.