Future site of the Taylor Swift thread

Further

MooGoo
She’s making an album with Lana del Rey!
Yes, recently she announced track 4 on her upcoming Midnights album is titled "Snow on the Beach (featuring Lana Del Rey):

Many stans have been dreaming about such a colab for awhile now, as there's a decent overlap between swifties and whatever Lana fans call themselves. Also they both work extensively with Jack Antonoff. Also this picture Lana posted a few months ago:
lana-1649089042100.jpeg

Swifties were able to predict this collab cuz they noticed Taylor was wearing the same sweater in this pic as she was wearing in a recent video Taylor posted that showed some behind the scenes studio work on the new album:
VrZ4G3x.png

Certainly that hint was intentional on Taylor's part cuz you could only see her arm for half a second in that section of the video.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I wish I still cared about things enough to do detective work.

Further

MooGoo

Further

MooGoo
Mr. Bowery previously was listed as a co-writer on "exile" (from folklore), and "Champagne Problems", "Coney Island", and "Evermore" (from album evermore). At the time of folklore release it was unknown who this William Bowery character was, but fans had theories. Plenty guessed that it was her boyfriend and Taylor eventually confirmed this in her Folklore Long Pond Studio Session movie. Because of this credit Joe Alwyn scored a Grammy when folklore won Album Of The Year. Many stans on Twitter were pressed about this for some reason, while also stating that no one cares about Grammy's anymore.

CaptainWacky

Are there crazy fan theories that he's actually a robot/gay/her secret brother?

Further

MooGoo
Are there crazy fan theories that he's actually a robot/gay/her secret brother?
Some have commented that they look like siblings since they are both tall, blonde haired, blue eyed Master Race specimens.

Mostly the crazy fan theory, from the "Gaylors", is that Joe is a "beard" under contract from Taylor to keep the pretense of having a straight relationship while she's actually a lesbian in love with Karlie Kloss. Taylor has not been seen with Karlie for years and most suspect they had a falling out. They used to be pretty tight. The song "It's Time To Go" from evermore supposedly addresses this with the lyrics:
When the words of a sister come back in whispers
That prove she was not in fact what she seemed
Not a twin from your dreams
She's a crook who was caught
Apparently Karlie was leaking secrets about Taylor and took the wrong side in the Scooter (guy who bought Taylor's masters) and Kimye dramas, so I've heard at least.

Haven't heard anything about Joe being a robot but I would not put it past Taylor to build herself a perfect boyfriend.

CaptainWacky

This is a very good video.

"She's having it turned into a fucking cat sanctuary!" she would do that!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Midnight just dropped!

CaptainWacky

The CONSPIRACY about midnights is that it was actually finished years ago and she just waited until now to drop it?

jack

I have no idea. Pretty good stuff though. She's an odd one. Talented, gorgeous, quirky, great voice. An enigma wrapped in sweet chocolate.

Further

MooGoo
The CONSPIRACY about midnights is that it was actually finished years ago and she just waited until now to drop it?
Some thought this because of the way she described the album as "the stories of 13 sleepless nights scattered throughout my life", and the fact that she's been putting unreleased songs from past albums as "vault tracks" on her re-records. She stated that this was not the case during this Q&A session before the album release:

jack

I'm loving it.

Further

MooGoo
This is a very good video.

"She's having it turned into a fucking cat sanctuary!" she would do that!

So just to inform on some daily stupid Twitter drama, some stans are mad because of this scene from the music video:
gkq5w4jf6fv91.png

Apparently Taylor is now fat-phobic. The sane reading of this scene is Taylor showing her battles with her eating disorder, being shamed for her weight by not only society but herself. She's talked about this before:

But the stan reading is that scales are triggering and she should have replaced FAT with "healthy at any size" and then had Lizzo appear in the scene and twerk.

I say slayyy queen, and hope her next album is called "No Fat Chicks".

SAUSAGEMAN

Why would we care about that
to elaborate! songs don't expire. whenever the song is released, that's when it's new. maybe it's "old" in the sense that it's been in your head forever, but who cares.

here's carly rae jepsen in 2011, doing kind of an anti-smoking thing

the chorus there would form the basis of "store", released on E MO TION: Side B five years later in 2016

CaptainWacky

Why would we care about that

The album's a C+.

I just saw a tweet about it and wanted to post in this thread, I don't know. I wasn't trying to say it was a bad thing.

Last edited:

SAUSAGEMAN

oh no I didn't mean to aim that at you! But at the people who are positing that as a hypothesis, it's a strange thing to put forward!

Further

MooGoo
There were some musings about reusing old unreleased tracks for Midnights but I think a big part of the CONSPIRACY is something different. That she had a full front-to-back album ready for release but shelved it. This has been a popular theory in swiftie fandom for some time now.

The theory goes: Taylor had a full album ready for release in late 2016, which would match with her traditional album release cadence of 2 years (1989 was released in 2014), but decided to shelve it when the whole Kimye drama blew up mid 2016. She then disappeared for a year to avoid more public scrutiny, wrote Reputation in secret, and released it late 2017. Reputation directly addressed the 2016 happenings, as well as her new budding romance which occurred during the same time period. It also had a distinctly darker sound and image than any of her previous eras.

This "lost" album is supposed to be named Karma.

There's some sense and logic in the idea that Taylor would not have wanted to put out another happy, upbeat pop album at a time when her mood did not match those sentiments. However there were clues that fans latched onto. For one, Taylor had just (April 2016) debuted a new look, with her hair bleached and cut short after a Vogue photoshoot. This look was dubbed "Bleachella":

taylor-swift-vogue-cover-may-2016-03.jpg

image.jpg

Taylor_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqCTeVaGnch0Gm8w_QweHBpjAgiLO-WUVd4IxoUnJ4TlE.jpg

(at the time fans hated this look, but nowadays of course reminisce for it).

There was also this picture she posted wearing the logo used for the recent hit Rihanna single "This Is What You Came For", produced by Taylor's then boyfriend Calvin Harris:

taylor-swift-bleach-blonde-hair.jpg

At the time she posted this picture it had not yet been confirmed that Taylor actually wrote this song, but there were rumors, since her voice can be heard in it as background vocals, and the credited writer of the song was the pseudonym Nils Sjöberg that no one could find any info on.

So this new look and kinda new music from Taylor got fans thinking a new era was right around the corner, possibly with some collaborations with Calvin Harris.

But Taylor and Calvin broke up shortly after this, then the Kimye drama happened, and Taylor disappeared for awhile. 2016 passed with no new album.

But there's more. Where did fans get the idea that the album would be called "Karma"? Well, in Taylor's "73 Questions" interview with Vogue she answered the question "What do you think is the most important life lesson for someone to learn?" with "That karma's real". But mostly it comes from this scene in "The Man" music video from Lover:

media%2FE4RaE0XXMAsfpY9.jpg

Here you can see many of her album titles as graffiti on the wall with KARMA in the middle. There's also the "MISSING" poster right next to it. Read this tweet thread if you want to get an idea of the unhinged theories around this: https://nitter.net/kindagoldrush/status/1406348027674169348

Anyway the main reasons fans thought Midnights might actually be the long lost Karma album is because of this video Taylor posted in her "Midnights Mayhem With Me" series, where she revealed the track titles on the album one by one:

Her breaking out in laughter at the end of that convinced some swifties that this was it. I think she was just laughing at the masterful troll job she dropped on her fans.

So that's the conspiracy mostly. Surely the theories will continue cuz it really does not seem like Midnights is actually Karma, besides for the named track. Maybe another album.

BTW, there's another secret album swifties are convinced Taylor is secretly guarding. It's called "Woodvale" and was supposed to be the 3rd surprise release in the Folklore Evermore series. Perhaps that's a story for another time.

Last edited: