Game Of Thrones 1.1 'Winter Is Coming'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Starks of Winterfell receive the visit of the royal family. Across the sea, the exiled Targaryen prince forges a new alliance to regain the Iron Throne.

On tonight on HBO. Tomorrow on Sky Atlantic and for people downloading. Even if you haven't read the books and think that you hate fantasy I'd advise watching as everyone's going to be talking about it and you don't want to be left out! Oh, and it looks really good.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't tend to like fantasy, but I'll trust yours and Cassie's judgement and steal it anyway.

CaptainWacky

It'll be more realistic than Spartacus.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Grr..I'm hoping I'll be home in time for it, if not I'll catch the repeat.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'll see it at some point this week, but Sunday is by far my busiest night of TV viewing. There's nothing on all week, and then too much crammed into Sundays. It takes a while for me to get through everything.

Tisiphone

Alas, I got home in time for the encore presentation, but was too high to care and passed out on the couch. Bad fantasy girl.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
I dug it. I wonder if it moves too fast for those that have not read the books.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Yeah a little backstory for those that haven't read the books would have been nice. The acting was a little wooden and the story was kinda meh. If not for the nudity I wouldn't consider watching a second episode.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Will d/l when the first series is complete.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Seems Westeros likes DOGGY STYLE.

Good 1st episode. Those of you who haven't read the books, don't worry, they'll get to explaining some things soon.

Tisiphone

A co-worker watched it last night and though he hadn't read the books he said it was awesome, so I'm eager to finally watch it tonight. :)

Big Dick McGee

Um, who doesn't like Doggy Style?

Homo Erectus

Yeah a little backstory for those that haven't read the books would have been nice. The acting was a little wooden and the story was kinda meh. If not for the nudity I wouldn't consider watching a second episode.

READ THE BOOKS YOU ILLITERATE TWAT!

Cock

Seems Westeros likes DOGGY STYLE.

Good 1st episode. Those of you who haven't read the books, don't worry, they'll get to explaining some things soon.

How hot was that scene where Drogo wraps his huge hand around Dani's throat and pushes her onto all fours? I came a little.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SHE'S ONLY 13, YOU PERV! :rwmad: lol, I wonder how long it will be before people start thinking the actress is only 13.

Cock

yeah, that actress is NOT 13. she's gotta be over 20, right? you don't get hips like those until college, at least.

484.imgcache.jpg

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She's definitely old enough to do it doggy style.

CaptainWacky

Remember they made all the characters three years older so she's actually supposed to be sixteen I think...

Oh yeah, I LIKED IT. Yes it helps having read the book. But given how complex it is, how many characters there are and how detailed the backstory is, I think they did a pretty good job giving as much explanation as they could without it feeling too unnatural. And it IS just the first episode, you're never going to know who all the charactesr are or quite what's going on in the first episode of any tv show this complex. I've watched V for two seasons and I still call the main character "Juliet" because I keep forgetting her name (okay, it's Eric, but it took a while.) And that's V!! So I can understand why it will take a few episodes for non-book readers to understand everything.

I think the second episode will be a lot better too once things get moving and the character's starting heading where they're going. And of course having read the book I know there's good things coming...

I thought all the acting was pretty good (wooden, Loktar, really?) Sean Bean is cool and I think Jon Snow is going to be popular. The little boy playing Bran was good and Arya and Sansa seem perfect. I liked Tyrion's whore party but the best is yet to come from him. Mark Addy was good as Robert (I remember people complaining when he was cast.)

I actually thought Viserys was the standout character this episode. He was the perfect mix of creepy, scary, arrogant, petulant and crazy.

The direwolves were cute.

Good nudity from Dany (but appropriate to the story!) I think Lena Headey was pregnant when they filmed the pilot so that explains why the incest cliffhanger was a bit tame.

KEEP WATCHING IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS.

There's a viewer's guide (without spoilers) on the HBO site which might help new viewers HBO: Game of Thrones: Viewer's Guide

And an episode commentary type thing HBO

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I have no idea about the books or anything and I thought that was really great.

There like were 500 characters introduced but you got to know enough about each of them so that it wasn't too confusing.

I really liked the setting and Sean Bean was good and that hot blonde girl with the breasts was hot and had breasts.

Breasts, too!

Big Dick McGee

Is it worth the $8.99 to get the Kindle version of the first book? I've heard the first book is really good but subsequent books aren't.