Game Of Thrones 1.1 'Winter Is Coming'

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
in my opinion, the books keep getting better. he keeps killing the main characters and you find yourself clinging to the ones that remain.

Homo Erectus

Is it worth the $8.99 to get the Kindle version of the first book? I've heard the first book is really good but subsequent books aren't.

*ASSPLODES*

The books are all great, you don't need to worry about that. Some are better than others, and some are more depressing than others, but they're all great fun to read. WHoever told you that is a butthead.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OOOOOH, I just remembered seeing The Hound for the first time. It's been a long time since I read the books, but I seem to recall really liking Sandor, even though he's a douche.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
he's my favorite bad guy.

sing me a song, little bird

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good episode!

All the acting was pretty good (is Sean Bean really fat now?) and the sets and locations looked really nice. I suppose not a whole lot happened storywise, but it held my attention and I got time to get a feeling for each character.

I liked that they had direwolves, which are now extinct. Nice little way of placing the story.

Oh and the title sequence was the best I've seen in AGES!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yes the title sequence was cool and actually helpful for showing where everything is.

The scene with Ned in the Godswood was really pretty.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Yep, enjoyed it tons. Argh, damn commercials! LoL. Be back later to delve more deeply.

Tisiphone

And nothing like your first time being doggy style. Hell yeah

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HBO just announced a second season for the show! (on Twitter)

HBO HBO
THIS JUST IN: HBO renews Game of Thrones for a second season. @gameofthrones #gameofthrones

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That's pretty impressive! Makes a change to see a network showing faith in their shows instead of cancelling them abruptly.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HBO is pretty good about giving shows a chance to succeed, probably because they don't rely on advertising for revenue. ALSO, I read that the premiere over there broke records! (over there, where you are :) )

CaptainWacky

Yes it was the highest rated show ever on Sky Atlantic. Okay, Sky Atlantic has only been around for three or four months, but it shows all the HBO stuff so it's an impressive rating.

Will the second season just be ten episodes like the first? I remember the second book being a bit longer and it has some pretty huge battle scenes.

WHO WILL BEST CAST AS Stannis, Davos, Brienne, Melisandre etc?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'M ALL ATWITTER.

The Twitterverse seems to think there will probably be 12 episodes, but HBO hasn't made that announcement yet. They probably won't until production gets underway.

I cannot wait to find out who will be Brienne. She's gonna have to be a big girl. Maybe they'll get one of those wrestler chicks, lol.

CaptainWacky

I bet she'll be tv ugly rather than ugly ugly.

Tisiphone

All I wanna know is when can I see Nicolas's ass?

CaptainWacky

You can see it IN YOUR MIND...

Tisiphone

It's not the same.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I read on Twitter that Gwendoline Christie is the fan favorite for Brienne, so I GOOGLED her. She's really tall, but she also seems to have a very pretty face, which isn't how I imagine Brienne. ALSO, it wouldn't be such a hard thing to imagine a certain person finding himself attracted to her, unless they ugly her up for the show. NONE OF THIS MATTERS BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T EVEN HAD AUDITIONS FOR THE ROLE YET.

WINTER IS ALMOST HERE AGAIN.

CaptainWacky

BRIENNE BETTER BE UGLY AS FUCK OR I STOP WATCHING.