Game Of Thrones 2.9 'Blackwater'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis’ fleet assaults King’s Landing.

This is the episode written by George R. R. Martin and directed by Neil Marshall.

BETTER BE GOOD.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'm honestly curious as to how they'll thrown in nudity into a battle scene, as it seems like they have this mad rule that EVERY EPISODE MUST HAVE BREASTS.

I'm sure they'll find a way!

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I don't know what Neil Marshall means, but I'm excited nonetheless!

I'm honestly curious as to how they'll thrown in nudity into a battle scene, as it seems like they have this mad rule that EVERY EPISODE MUST HAVE BREASTS.

I'm sure they'll find a way!

I mean, it is HBO, that's kind of a "house rule" for them.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They'll cut to Dany for one minute, one of her not-slaves will be naked.

CaptainWacky

There's actually been several episodes without nudity this season. I don't remember any in the episodes between Joffrey torturing those whores and Lady Talisa's bum...

Neil Marshall is a movie director who's supposed to be good at doing action scenes on a low budget. The only movie of his I've seen is Centurion which was...okay. It looked nice and the action parts were good, but the story was just "Michael Fassbender running through Scotland and then there's a Scottish Imogen Poots for ten minutes."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe Ros will die, naked.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I enjoyed this episode. Drunk Cersei was pretty excellent; Lena Headey really stole the show IMO.

On another note, poor Sandor. :(

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
SEXY BRONN RAWR

This episode was fucking epic.

CaptainWacky

SO THAT WAS PRETTY FUCKING GREAT.

Considering it's tv and they're never going to be able to do a full LOTR epic, they did a great job with the battle scenes. The Wildfire explosion was really amazing (and I loved that they had the old pyromancer there watching it.)

FINALLY SOME SAN/SAN. Still think it would have been better if more of their previous scenes had been included!

Lena Headey was awesome as Drunk Cersei. And Peter Dinklage was great but he always is. And they included Pod saving him!

Remember Mel said to Davos' son earlier than a death by fire is the purest way to die? FORESHADOWING.

Poor Lancel running about with an arrow in him then getting beat up by Cersei.

Bron got to sing!

The Hound cut loads of people in half. Tyrion cut a guy's leg off. It was entertaining.

Stannis is a real manly king UNLIKE THAT SHIT JOFFREY.

So many good lines that I can't even type them without my fingers falling off.

"Anyone comes back with a clean sword I'll rape their corpse!"

"Fuck the water, give me wine!"

I'M NOT TYPING ANY MORE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT.

AND FUCK THAT FUCKING SKY WOMAN TALKING OVER THE RAINS OF CASTAMERE.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IT WAS REALLY GOOD.

All the people who don't like Lena Headey as Cersei CAN SUCK IT.

Love Child

One Love
Hey guess what!? I got to watch GOT the other day! And I watched this very episode. I think I will finally get to watch some of it this week too.
The battle scene on the water was awesome!
Was she trying to poison her son?
Did that guy die?

I will know names later.

And I thought you were kidding about the nudity!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good episode!

Yeah, Cersei's scenes pretty much stole the show. Such an interesting character.

The wildfire effects were much more extensive and impressive than I was expecting. The fighting was good too, although we see that sort of thing in movies so much it's less surprising to see.

The Mountain, or Bron, whose side to take?

CaptainWacky

Was she trying to poison her son?
Did that guy die?

She was going to poison him because she thought they were going to lose the battle.

If you mean Tyrion (the dwarf)...find out next week!

Tisiphone

"Did I ever tell you how I got cut?"

Hahahaha.

Agree with everything said here, and since I'm having to use my crackberry, that's all I shall say.

Team Bron(n). I can't remember how it's spelled.

Tisiphone

"I don't believe I've told you how I was cute". Bah.

I really do love Tyrion and Varas's relationship.