Game Of Thrones 2.9 'Blackwater'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
"But you were Robert's Queen!"
"And you will be Joffrey's. Enjoy!"

(It sounded better said.)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Shea needs to be a better actress when she's around Cersai. Bitch can see through all people.

And I like how Sansa knows that she can say things to Tyrion and he gets the hidden meaning behind them.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
If you mean Tyrion (the dwarf)...find out next week!

I have read all the books now and lost count of the people who are "killed" at the end of a chapter, before appearing later with light scratches.

However,
I think Tyrion may have more than a light scratch...

Tisiphone

^

And don't read, for the love of Zeus, if you don't want to be spoiled about future events!

They might give him a horrible scar rather than having his nose cut off, is what I'm thinking.

CaptainWacky

Yes just as GRRM isn't scared to kill characters off he's also not scared to make you think he's killed a character off only to have them jump out from behind the Iron Throne and throw a custard pie at Joffrey (book five spoilers!)

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
5626.imgcache.png

CaptainWacky

There was still people complaining that it wasn't green enough.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Didn't Tyrion's plan involve a chain of some sort? Something spectacular? I CAN'T REMEMBER.
It did, and I was increasingly pissed when it became increasingly obvious that they weren't going to include it, HOWEVER, I think they made up for it with a simpler option that accomplished pretty much the same thing.

Loved that slow pan of Bronn's long, arcing fire-arrow shot...come to think of it, that begs another question: if he gets knighted like in the books, his sigil won't be a flaming green chain, now...perhaps a flaming green arrow? I CALLED IT HERE FIRST ASDFASDFASDFHNGBCFG

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
You know in the book they cut off Tyrion's fucking nose in that battle...

CaptainWacky

^I put spoiler code around that becauase it kind of gives away a character's fate (tv viewers don't know if the person you mentioned is alive or dead yet.) HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.

Didn't Tyrion's plan involve a chain of some sort? Something spectacular? I CAN'T REMEMBER.

Also, Emilia Clarke and some crazy hair http://www.latimesmagazine.com/2012/05/year-of-the-dragon.html

I wasn't expecting to see the chain as they haven't mentioned it all season (in the book Tyrion orders work on it to begin months before the battle) and they wouldn't have had it just appear out of nowhere. It would have been awesome to see it and the bridge of burning ships...but it is tv!

Those pics are a real good attempt at making Emilia Clarke look unattractive.

Tisiphone

The slow-mo arrow shot is my FB cover photo. HUZZAH SEXY

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm watching it again with some lemon haze and newmans own (afternoon off)

CaptainWacky

About the song that played at the end (and Bronn sang earlier) IF ANY OF YOU CARE.

And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Basically the lord of Castamere rebelled against the Lannisters...and Tywin had his whole house killed. Then had a song written about it as a warning to other houses.

[YOUTUBE]sn2l2_v6Ur8[/YOUTUBE]

I LIKED IT.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
^Awesome. Now, later on in season 3 or 4, we'll get to hear approximately twenty cheesy RenFair versions of it, while Maggie Smith cackles and takes the piss out of each & every one.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]mIUyVeDsHfs[/YOUTUBE]

BRONN singing it. He should have been the one to get naked, we've seen enough tits this season :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I HOPE THEY INCLUDE "THE BEAR AND THE MAIDEN FAIR" NEXT SEASON.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
so, are they depicting you know who without a nose in the TV version?

hands being lopped off, families wiped out, children thrown off walls - this shit is BRUTAL.