Gwyneth Paltrow

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
What's that got to do with this thread?

SAUSAGEMAN

She has a cookbook now!

1) "One year I was given a birthday present I'll never forget — a cooking lesson from Jamie Oliver."

2) "Through this process my father and daughter had unwittingly taught me the importance of balance. Could I use some butter and cheese and eggs in my cooking without going down some kind of hippie shame spiral? Yes. Of course I could."

3) "The stove is really the epicenter of my house — I am never far away from it and most of the time there is something atop it, simmering away for my family."

4) "When I was twenty-one, a friend gave me a book called Diet for a New America by John Robbins, which exposed the brutal practices of American factory farms. That, coupled with a lecture from Leonardo DiCaprio (when he was nineteen and I was twenty-one) about how such animals are kept and processed, made me lose my desire for factory farm pork and beef right there."

5) On Vegenaise: "My most often-used and beloved ingredient. It can be found at most grocery stores and all health food stores—unfortunately not yet in London. Regular mayo is fine and works, but Vegenaise is a healthier alternative.

6) "I grew up going to the island of Nantucket (off the coast of Massachusetts) at the end of every summer."

7) "I'm not sure how healthy bacon is in general, but I know it's incredibly delicious."

8) "I basically love anything that comes in a hot dog bun... except hot dogs (sorry, Dad)."

9) "One cold wintry day in London, I was dreaming about salad nicoise—one of my favorites."

10) "I love corn so much I tried to grow it one summer in the garden. The raccoons loved it even more."

11) "I had my first bowl of gazpacho when I was fifteen in Spain, and the impression it made was a lasting one."

12) "During the strict macrobiotic chapter of my life, I ate miso soup every day for breakfast and sometimes with dinner as well."

13) "One evening when I had my wood-burning stove going I realized I hadn't thought of dessert."

14) "I first had a version of this at a Japanese monastery during a silent retreat—don't ask, it's a long story."

15) "We've got a wood-burning pizza oven in the garden—a luxury, I know, but it's one of the best investments I've ever made."

16) "When I pass a flowering zucchini plant in a garden, my heart skips a beat."

CaptainWacky

I'LL BUY TEN COPIES.

SAUSAGEMAN

442.imgcache.jpg

Thanks Gwyneth!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
What the hell does going to Nantucket (once the heart of America's whaling industry) have to do with good vegan cooking?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Celebrities are always obsessed with POOP. If they really want to cleanse their colons SO MUCH they should just eat a lot of greens. They will know their colons are getting tidied up cuz their poo will be green. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

CaptainWacky

I have decided to be rabidly pro Paltrow. I will excuse any silly thing she says with "she's right!"

SAUSAGEMAN

Stress

I have never been very good at handling stress (though a bit of meditation helps), and I wanted some very practical ways of reducing it that I could use during the course of my day. I got some good answers that don’t require a 90 minute yoga class, or flying to a hippie style silent retreat (I’ve actually done one—don’t ask), just simple things that we all have access to. Here they are!

Love,
gp

CaptainWacky

She's right!

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I would be willing to see if having sex with Gwyneth Paltrow would lower my stress.

CaptainWacky

I'd sex her good.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well, she kinda has a point!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well, if the point is that she likes crack maybe.

CaptainWacky

I'd smoke HER crack.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
EVERYBODY LIKES CRACK... don't they?

SAUSAGEMAN

During a recent appearance on NBC's Who Do You Think You Are?, the 38-year-old actress revealed that she plans to raise her two children as Jewish. (She and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin are parents to Apple, 7, and Moses, 5.)

Just last year, Paltrow admitted that being raised both Jewish and Christian "was such a nice way to grow up," but later added: "I don't believe in religion. I believe in spirituality. Religion is the cause of all the problems in the world."

On Tuesday's episode, a genealogy expert informed Paltrow that religion passes through the matriarchal line, which means that she would not be considered a true Jew in religious laws since her mother, Blythe Danner, is a Christian. (Her father, the late producer/director Bruce Paltrow, was Jewish.)

Paltrow's husband, 34, also has a Christian background. "Miss Paltrow may just want to follow traditions that she did as a child," the expert said, "like observing the Sabbath, keeping a kosher home and celebrating holidays."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Most rabbis would make her officially convert to belong to their temple.