images

The Dallas Cowboys
ESPN

c61b3de9e02fd47291a7e5f7e7ac17f2.jpg

DALLAS COWBOYS
CBS

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Dallas Cowboys declining fifth-year option on LB Leighton Vander Esch, agent says
Vander Esch's best season came as a rookie, when he was named to the Pro Bowl after the Cowboys selected him No. 19 overall. He had a franchise-rookie-record 176 tackles in 2018. Vander Esch's injury history is the biggest reason.

Dallas Cowboys' draft (mostly) all about a defense that needed change
After allowing a franchise-record 473 points and 6,183 yards in Nolan's one year as coordinator, the Cowboys knew they had to make a drastic change in 2021 on defense. It started in January with the hiring of Dan Quinn as coordinator and culminated over the 2021 NFL draft with a first in team history.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Dallas Cowboys cutting Antwaun Woods after selecting two DTs in 2021 NFL draft, source says

The remaking of the Dallas Cowboys' defense continues with the release of nose tackle Antwaun Woods, who started 32 games from 2018-20, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. At 6-foot-1, 310 pounds, Woods was more of a fit in how the Cowboys wanted their defensive tackles in Rod Marinelli's scheme. The Cowboys selected Kentucky's Quinton Bohanna, who is 6-4, 327 pounds, in the sixth round. In the fourth round, the Cowboys drafted defensive tackle Osa Odighizuwa, but he is projected as an interior pass rusher. The Cowboys also waived cornerback Saivion Smith, who spent time on the active roster and practice squad last season. With the additions of corners Kelvin Joseph (second round) and Nahshon Wright, Smith became expendable. The Cowboys have to release four more players to reach the 90-man limit after adding their 11 draft picks and 13 undrafted free agents.

Click Here For Complete Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
NFC East in 2021: Cowboys are favored, but can Washington repeat?
None of the division's storied franchises managed to finish with a winning record last season, leaving lots of room for improvement. This is a division that hasn't had a repeat winner since the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004.

NFL Standings - 2020
NFC East Standings:
Washington (7 - 9) z
New York Giants (6 - 10)
Dallas (6 - 10)
Philadelphia (4 - 11 - 1)

z - Clinched Division Title

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Dallas Cowboys' 2021 schedule: Road mettle to be tested in final games
The NFL will change its schedule for the first time in 44 years, expanding to 17 regular-season games. The final regular-season games will be played Jan. 9, 2022. The playoffs begin Jan. 15, 2022 and continue through Super Bowl LVI on Feb. 13, 2022 at Los Angeles' SoFi Stadium.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
:bigass:

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.

You see my problem is this. I'm dreaming away, wishing that heroes, they truly exist. I cry, watching the days. Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways. But to lose all my senses, that is just so typically me.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.

:wtf:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Second-round pick Kelvin Joseph isn't worried about being a Week 1 starter after one rookie camp practice. He knows the challenges ahead he will face on the Cowboys' schedule with top receivers but Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb should help him prepare. “I feel like I'm about to go practice against some of the best receivers in the NFL, so I'm going to be ready,” he said. “And they're going to make sure I'm ready.”

Before Friday, Cowboys first-round pick Micah Parsons figures the last time he hit a blocking sled was sometime before playing in the Cotton Bowl ... in 2019 since he opted last year at Penn State. “The first rep, we got the rust off,” he said. “The second rep was like, ‘I'm back now. That's how it is.' We just wiped the dust off and acted like it was brand new.” Parsons is working at middle linebacker so far but will also serve as a pass rusher in certain situations.

Nothing is finalized but Jerry Jones is confident the Cowboys will hold training camp in Oxnard, California, later this summer. “I'd say systems' on go,” Jones said, but he said there is still work to do with the city of Oxnard, the facilities at the River Ridge Residence Inn and if fans will be in attendance. “We're just working through it, but we've got a large constituency,” Jones said. “That's one of the benefits of Oxnard is the fans.”

The largest financial commitments the Cowboys made to their undrafted free agents belong to Oregon defensive tackle Austin Faoliu and Iowa receiver Brandon Smith. Faoliu, who had five career sacks, received a $15,000 signing bonus and had $120,000 of his base salary guaranteed, while Smith, who had 91 receptions for 1,046 yards and nine touchdowns in his career, received $12,000 to sign with $120,000 of his base salary guaranteed.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Dallas Cowboys News

The Cowboys have had roughly 90 percent attendance to start Phase 2 of the offseason program, according to sources. They are scheduled to have six OTAs, plus their mandatory June minicamp. With an early start to training camp because of the Hall of Fame Game, Mike McCarthy believes there is more than enough time to get in the necessary work. "If we're able to stay on the schedule that we have laid out, I'll feel very good about our offseason program at the conclusion of it," he said last week.

Mike McCarthy believes Dak Prescott will be completely cleared for work by the time training camp begins in July, if not sooner. "I have no reason not to think that," McCarthy said. "I think this week in Phase 2 will be a nice step in that direction." He said Prescott will do "most things," as the Cowboys begin their on-field work. "I know he feels really good," McCarthy said.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Nose tackle Quinton Bohanna's size gives Cowboys a missing ingredient

The replacement nose tackle looked a little different. First, he was smaller. Much smaller. Second, he did not have a helmet or a jersey. Dan Quinn, the Dallas Cowboys' 50-year-old defensive coordinator, did what he could while Quinton Bohanna had his right shoulder quickly examined during last weekend's rookie minicamp, but to be fair Quinn had not actually played the spot since 1993 while at Salisbury State, a Division III school in Maryland. At Kentucky, Bohanna started 33 of his 45 games. He never had more than 18 tackles in a season, recorded just two sacks, had nine tackles for loss, recovered a fumble, forced a fumble and had four pass breakups and three quarterback hurries.

Click Here For Full Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Dallas Cowboys News

Mike McCarthy did not have a traditional offseason program in his first year with the Cowboys because of the coronavirus pandemic. This offseason is feeling normal even if some protocols remain in place. “I'm loving normal there's no doubt about it,” the coach said. “It's great to be out on the field with your players ... The energy in the building since Monday has kicked off has been on a whole different level. This is what we need. This is what I've always felt you did need.”

Dak Prescott said he started feeling closer to normal about a month ago, “when I started jumping on this leg, landing on this leg alone, cutting off this leg and doing a lot of things I'd naturally do in a game and doing them in a reactive form, not necessarily calculated.” Mike McCarthy said the rehab and footwork drills have worked together in aiding the QB's recovery and said he's “ahead of schedule.”

Dak Prescott is likely to follow the same practice plan through the rest of the offseason program, which means no full 11 on 11 work until training camp. “I wouldn't say I'm necessarily limited,” he said. “I think we're just being cautious and being smart in the fact of I'm not doing things when there's a pass rush or guys potentially falling at the legs or something of that nature. But as far as saying I can't do drills or I can't do something, I'm pretty much full go.”

Left tackle Tyron Smith and right tackle La'el Collins were limited so some conditioning and individual skill before going through some walkthrough work during Tuesday's OTA. Smith played in just two games last year before undergoing neck surgery while Collins played none because of hip surgery. Zack Martin worked off to the side during the early portion of practice.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Dallas Cowboys Schedule 2021

Week-1: Thu, Sep 9 @ Tampa Bay
Week-2: Sun, Sep 19 @ Los Angeles Chargers
Week-3: Mon, Sep 27 vs Philadelphia
Week-4: Sun, Oct 3 vs Carolina
Week-5: Sun, Oct 10 vs New York Giants
Week-6: Sun, Oct 17 @ New England
Week-7: Bye Week
Week-8: Sun, Oct 31 @ Minnesota

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Mike McCarthy: Dallas Cowboys' Dak Prescott to be full go for NFL training camp next month

When the Dallas Cowboys start training camp next month, the plan is for Dak Prescott to participate fully each day, according to coach Mike McCarthy. Prescott is coming back from a dislocated and compound fracture of his right ankle suffered in a game in October against the New York Giants. So confident were the Cowboys in his return that they signed him to a four-year, $160 million contract that included a record $66 million signing bonus. "He hasn't missed anything that's been slated. He's doing a lot of extra, frankly, so the anticipation would be for him to go every day is the outlook," McCarthy said. "We're not naive. It's just like any player that comes back from injury, especially a major joint injury. The first year back, there's going to be some things you have to work through, but I would anticipate we'd start with him in full mode, get him into the team periods and get back to playing football."

Click Here For Full Story