far now they be,
fierce and free,
and tamed is he;
but fat cat on the mat
kept as a pet
he does not forget.

Mirah

I love you
I am on my way to pick up pain meds for Bela. She hasn't had them for 2 days. : (
Getting a hold of the vets around here is difficult.
While getting ready I was opening my drawers and she hops over from the closet to get into my underwear drawer, and I let her.
I will probably have to re-wash everything in there, but who cares at this point. She can have what she wants.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I feel you. This was my spring and summer. Hope yours has a happier ending than mine. Or more accurately, a happy continuing.

Mirah

I love you
Thanks. I don't know what to think. I know the end is inevitable. She is still eating, taking baths and doing everything else regular including purring when I pet her! As long as she is sustaining life and doesn't seem to be in pain-well we will cross the road when it happens that she is not functioning.
The pain meds are a little bit of an appetite stimulant and help her to eat. I notice she does better on them.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The "love" smilie really doesn't convey what I want to, but it's the best one of the options.

My dog was fine. Older and slower but fine. There were disturbing omens in the preceding months, but she was basically normal. There were lumps and bumps that made me schedule the earliest vet appointment I could get. Then 2 days later she was acting like she had a thorn in her paw but there was nothing there. Next day she was fine. Day after that she was staggering around like she was drunk. Heroic efforts got her back on track in a few days but one morning it was back. And it kept getting worse. She'd have a good day, then a bad day. Within 2 weeks I knew it was time.

Then, a few months later, the cat started acting funny. Again, she had medical problems, but she seemed fine. Until she wasn't. Eventually I got her into the vet. She was 9 pounds instead of her usual 13 or so. Next day the blood test showed that all her organs were shutting down and now it's just me. :( The day I got the call on the bloodwork was the first day she wanted to go Out at the new house. Explored the whole property. I think she knew and wanted it to be over. It as the only time she rode in the car that she didn't pee or poop all over her carrier. Although now I think about it, I let her out. And bawled the whole way to the vet.

The Question

Eternal
Could give it a "viking cat" name, like Greedyguts.

Or a "tribal" name like "Pukes Up Rats."

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Newcastle United GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

CaptainWacky

(I'm trying to think of a non comedy name; I've got nothing.)

Mirah

I love you
I seem to be settling on Oscar for some reason.

Here are some other suggestions:
Boo
Sockeye
Mittens
Bela Pt 2
Moon Beam
Mister E

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oscar is fine. Or Felix. I'd stay away from Bela Pt 2, but that's just me--too painful. I was trying to think of a black & white name and the best I could come up with was Domino. Oh! Or Tux!

I kind of like Lord Beaverbrook, but not for any particular reason.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
When picking a name, consider that neighbors may hear you shouting the name late at night to get the cat in the house...

I like Oscar. I would also like Felix (I'm a big Odd Couple fan), except that it sounds too much like Neelix.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
My dog's name ( :( ) was Panic. She was a border collie/lab mutt. When she was young we'd play fetch at the schoolyard with the Chuck-It. One time I decided to give her one last chuck, even though I could see a pair of Russian matrons walking their Yorkie down the sidewalk on the other side of the schoolyard fence. What I hadn't factored in was that there was a doorway in the fence between me, her, and the Yorkie. And she promptly diverted towards it. So as she's running to say "hi" to the Yorkie, I'm running to stop her. Her tongue is covered with foam and I'm frantically yelling "PANIC! PANIC!" The nice lady with the leash reeled her doggie up like lightning.

CaptainWacky

If he looked like Raymond you could call him Raymond, but he doesn't.

3jTrUeO.jpg

Mirah

I love you
Oscar is settling in nicely. He has been here for 1 week and 1 day.
At first he would drool every time I petted him, now not so much.
He also has stinky farts, I thought it would work itself out of his system whatever he ate before he came here but today he let another stinky one go! Oh man. It was so bad. WTF
I now realize what a special and unique cat Bela was after hanging out with Oscar for a week. Oscar is a more "normal" cat like other cats I have had, but as always he has his own quirks also. He loves to play and sleep.
Also I think he is in love or would be in love with Bela. He sniffs everywhere she was, usually cats make a face when they discover another cat's scent, but Oscar does not.