Inside the mind of a troll

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
I WILL NOT BE FORCED TO POST OVEREMOTIONALLY!!!

JUST BACK OFF OKAY!!!!11111111!!111111

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Whoa, wait...what? I remember a number of conflicts between any two or even three of the above mentioned parties, but not something that involved all four (if you include Hambil.) What'd I miss...? Links? Keywords?

Also, doesn't Messenger/Weevil still have admin status?
No, unless that's been a troll I've just ruined.

The only thing you are missing, I think, is the chronology. I can't remember is Jack or Messy came first - Jack I think, but they both folded into the CU camp, and became leaders. So to me, it was just all the same ongoing 'war'.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
I can't remember is Jack or Messy came first - Jack I think, but they both folded into the CU camp
*snicker*.... quoted for my own amusement, because sometimes I am just that immature!!

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
See, now in the 'old days' this would have been seen as a cynical attempt to bring back CU by repeatedly mentioning him so that I have an excuse to start banning people (or something along those lines).

I used to even play into those conspiracy theories. I figured the more twisted and clever and 'scary' the other side believed I was, the less likely they would be to try anything really nasty against the board. Plus, they where doing most of the work for me anyway.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
CU is still in jail, so it'll be a zombiefied poster taking the reins (as usual)

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Gods, I know I'm trolled for even asking, but, in jail for what?

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Gods, I know I'm trolled for even asking, but, in jail for what?

Okay, okay, I'm curious too. And it looks like someone just dangled that little tidbit out there to tempt the monkeys. *sigh* Why is CU in jail? Don't make it my mission to hound you for the answer.

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
I always find those who do personal attacks kind of boring myself. I usually just spam yahoo with crazy stuff and attach a political organization to it and it pisses people off enough to attack me. I then read the response attacks and laugh with glee.

Donovan

beer, I want beer

J. Allen

Fleet Chaplain
It's rare to find people posting openly on message boards anymore. Everyone seems to have an angle. I agree with the previously stated sentiment that trolling is more about having cheeky fun at a blowhard's expense while making a point. It's just that the crude, childish, brainless trolling has kind of usurped that definition. Now a troll's just a dumbass who can't talk with people on any reasonable human level aside from tossing insults.

As for being hurt or bothered, yeah, it's the internet, but they're still words, and they're still being thrown at you in a "room" full of people you may like and respect. We want to be liked, so someone taking potshots and trying to hurt you for no real reason makes many of us wonder if we did something wrong. It's human nature.

My perception of TK has been colored for years as a place where trolls (the second definition) made their home. I didn't even know Hambil (among others) was a nice guy (also didn't know you had a heart attack, Hambil. Glad you're okay). I mean, people are just people, but we build them up or tear them down by their words and 'actions'. At the end of the day, we all just want to get laid.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
It's rare to find people posting openly on message boards anymore. Everyone seems to have an angle. I agree with the previously stated sentiment that trolling is more about having cheeky fun at a blowhard's expense while making a point. It's just that the crude, childish, brainless trolling has kind of usurped that definition. Now a troll's just a dumbass who can't talk with people on any reasonable human level aside from tossing insults.

As for being hurt or bothered, yeah, it's the internet, but they're still words, and they're still being thrown at you in a "room" full of people you may like and respect. We want to be liked, so someone taking potshots and trying to hurt you for no real reason makes many of us wonder if we did something wrong. It's human nature.

My perception of TK has been colored for years as a place where trolls (the second definition) made their home. I didn't even know Hambil (among others) was a nice guy (also didn't know you had a heart attack, Hambil. Glad you're okay). I mean, people are just people, but we build them up or tear them down by their words and 'actions'. At the end of the day, we all just want to get laid.
Once upon a time you may have been right, but TK hasn't been that entity for a very long time. Mostly what's left is a group of nostalgic regulars and people who like to talk about random speculative-type stuff with likeminded individuals. Maybe a couple of character actors thrown in, the odd cameo appearance by some faded glory stars of times past, infrequent guest shots by people nobody ever heard of, and Jack the angry gnome owning the shit out of walk-on players, interspersed with endless commercials for cheap crap. ...we're basically an episode of "Fantasy Island."

J. Allen

Fleet Chaplain
Reductionist.

And yep.

Well, I try to keep things in perspective.

Once upon a time you may have been right, but TK hasn't been that entity for a very long time. Mostly what's left is a group of nostalgic regulars and people who like to talk about random speculative-type stuff with likeminded individuals. Maybe a couple of character actors thrown in, the odd cameo appearance by some faded glory stars of times past, infrequent guest shots by people nobody ever heard of, and Jack the angry gnome owning the shit out of walk-on players, interspersed with endless commercials for cheap crap. ...we're basically an episode of "Fantasy Island."

It does appear different. When I joined back in 2005 it was a pretty wild place. As can be plainly seen, I haven't visited very often since then, which also means I've missed all the drama.