Jillian Bacardi: An Analytical Thread

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Every once in awhile, after I've taken an Ambien and am starting to feel that little baby float into my brain, I go into DayCare.

Well, back in there tonight, and looked at some Jillian threads. Made me think of a little project we might do.

Let's analyze Jillian. Let's assume she's not a troll, but someone close to whom she purports to be. Then lets start taking her post-by-post and letting loose with a little psychological and sociological analysis.

Now I'm an academic nerd, so this sounds like fun to me. What about the rest of you? We could be the team of highly trained professionals who've come to rescue Jillian from herself.

Who's game?

BlazerBoy

Jillian doesn't want our help, though. She truthfully doesn't beleive any of our claims have merit, so all it would serve to do is feed her paranoia, and worsen/extend the situation more than it really has to be.

So when and how do we get started?

The Question

Eternal
I don't think Jillian's hard to figure out. She was probably a hardcore neurotic up until her divorce, and just snapped after that. Now she's almost a textbook example of paranoid delusion gone to the end of its leash.

BlazerBoy

One has to wonder though, clearly she has functioning sense, and though a lot of her posts are disjointed and unrelated even within themselves, she formulates some pretty interesting, if not complete thoughts for a person with such apparant text-book issues. My father is the Director of Social Work for our states Department of Corrections, and I'm willing to bet money that if Jillian is "real" and what we see portrayed here is how she truly behaves IRL, then she has to be a rather unique case.

Pthalo BlueMoon

missmanners' favorite toy
I've been fucking with her mind assuming she's a dual.

OMG, what if she's not? I could make matters worse.

And if she's not, God help her. She needs professional help. Seriously.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
TQ's got the right idea for getting started. Something a little more involved than that--something you'd be presenting to a board of doctors as your preliminary report.

If we each wrote a preliminary report like this, based on our general observations of the patient thus far, we could compare notes and then move into a more detailed examination of those posts and threads that are of most interest.

It'd be a lot of work, but I've seen us put a lot more work into a lot stupider shit than this.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
For another 10-15 minutes, I would think. Then I'll be out like a light.

Anubis

TAFKA Chadarnook
And taking into account her socks? The ones that are known to belong to her?

Pthalo BlueMoon

missmanners' favorite toy
Maybe I should stop messing with her. I never thought for a minute she could be real.

Maybe she really thinks I'm a government agent? :shock:

The Question

Eternal
One of the most interesting signs of Jillian's break from reality is the fact that she has conversations with her duals openly -- meaning that she must know we all know it's her, yet continues to exhibit different "characters".

I wouldn't call it a sign of Multiple Personality Disorder, however -- from what I understand of MPD, the compartmentalized personalities in that disorder are supposed to be markedly different from one another. Jillian's duals, although she tries to portray them as seperate people by assuming different character histories for them, have all been nearly identical in behavior.

But she is slipping down a spiral here, by all appearances; a few times now, I've noticed that she's forgetting which "personality" she's using. And her long-standing habit of replying to her own posts has always been a little more than mildly disturbing.

Peter Octavian

I don't know if MPD is actually what ails Jillian.

Yes, she's always had a few duals, but she's always been abysmally bad at differentiating them. If you'd click in to one of those threads, you'd knew right away from her choice of smileys, long lines of periods or tildas and huge groups of carriage returns that you were reading one hers. What's more, it appeared that she didn't much care whether or not you did figure it out, not out of carelessness, but out of an apparent faux confidence, that either what she was saying was so important, (or that she herself was so important) and clever in execution that it'd be unlikely that any person could figure out who was behind the mask, and even if you did, it was, after all, Jillian holding court. It would appear that, in her perceptions, the fact that she is, at least temporarily, in the spotlight, she's released from both the general requirements of social interaction and the more specific expectations of Troll Kingdom.

This would be "outrageously boastful" or "excessively confident"

This would also lead one to believe that she's got some kind of Narcissistic pathology and Megalomania.

While I don't have a DSMV IV to track down the exact specifications of diagnoses, every resource available on the internet on Narcissism read like abstractions drawn from observations made on Jillian in Daycare.

Here're just a few of the highlights:

1. Hubris, inflated self-importance and sense of power which lends itself to delusions of persecution from others, and paranoia. ( persecuted by Brian, Eric, missmanners, Cait, IceAngel, T, Sardy, Gagh and quite unexplicably BlazerBoy)

2. A fixation or fascination with a fantastic reality in which Jllian is the object desire, lust and admiration, and can only be understood by people who are deemed "special" or "uniquely sensitive" and should associate with only "high status" groups and institutions. (She's singled out, at turns, DarthSikle, CU as confidantes, as well as the mythic Godfather, FBI man, Investigative Reporter guy, and has made comments similar to, "Only you have been able to understand me".)

3. Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation — or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious. (Read Daycare lately?)

4. A false sense of entitlement. (Again, read daycare lately?)

5. Behaves arrogantly and haughtily. Feels superior, omnipotent, omniscient, invincible, immune, "above the law", and omnipresent (magical thinking). Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted by people they consider inferior to themselves and unworthy. (I was in chat a couple of times with GTC and missmanners when Jilly popped in. One evening I told her that she was to blame for her woes here at Troll Kingdom, and for a moment she stopped her ranting and asked why I said that. I gave a few examples, and she stopped her ranting, told me to "fuck off" and then disappeared, not to return that evening. She has behaved similarly with others who've tried to "lead the horse to water".)

There are more, but these specifications of Narcissistic Personality Disorder fit her like a glove, no?

Discuss.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not convinced that her account hasn't been taken over. I was the first person here to call Jillian on her complete lack of sanity and was the first to start bitching her across the board along with Wonderaz.

I doubt she is, or at least was a dual. We have found her at other boards prior to TK and have found her by searching for her smileys that she uses on other boards. One more disturbing find was when Tamar I believe, found her on another board pretending to be a little boy.

There is little doubt that she is a horny old lush and that she probably is medically certifiable as crazy but sometimes I doubt the shit she comes out with. She portrays a fantasy world which she lives in. Any attempt to confront her with reality is ignored for more of the same rambling non-sensical bullshit. I proposed to her, a set of questions and a realistic overveiw of her paranoia and she refused to pay attention to it instead finding it safer to tell me I had a 2 centimeter pee-pee.

Well, all I know is that she is hopeless, she doesn't have reasoning skills and isn't able to differentiate from her own warped view on just about everything. While the rest of see this board as just that, a board, a hang-out, a cool little distraction, hobby whatever. Jillian sees this place in a much different light, she takes it all WAY too seriously and her paranoia fuels thoughts of double personas and shady operations. She never really understood what a "dual" is all about. Where as we all realise its a fun tool to use to troll, annoy, have fun with, she sees it as people hiding behind masks trying to undermine her life.

She doesn't "get" anything to do with this place.

She is a very sick lady.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
She's a fucking sociopath, plain and simple.

Dark Link

Morituri te salutant
If I had to analyze her, I would definetly start out with Paranoid Schizophrenia. This would explain her normal confused state, her indifference to others, Her belief that she is above everyone else and no matter what you say can change it and her tendency to argue and make some severly wierd ass statements.

Next, the Martyr complex. "Everyone's out to get me" and "I'm the victim" are almost always visible in some form in her posts.

I would also have to agree with Peter, that NPD would be a large part of the problem.

Anubis

TAFKA Chadarnook
Maybe she's trying to provoke some into proving her point about people being "out to get her," and attempting to reinforce this with an army of socks?