Let's talk about Star Trek, Deep Space Nine (9)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I was sleepy when I posted, so my Ferengi ep assessment should not be considered scientific.

I liked House of Quark, of course. But there were so many bad Ferengi eps that it's easier to single out good ones.

I wouldn't call It's Only a Paper Moon a Ferengi ep; it's a Nog ep. But using that criteria, I guess Business as Usual isn't really a Ferengi ep either. But it still kicks ass because Lawrence Fucking Tierney and Stephen Fucking Berkoff were in it.

I'm still sleepy.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Lawrence Tierney steals forks.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've had a playlist of DS9 episodes running from my media player for almost 24 hours. I'm up to S6, Resurrection (alt universe Bariel), just after the end of the war arc and Worf/Jadzia's wedding.

It's been a while. I'm a happy pappy.

CaptainWacky

Because fans were CRYING OUT for a return of Bariel...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He was a SEXY MAN and the show was crying out for more SEXY MEN.

/Henoch

Now on Covenant, S7. Dukat loves them Bajoran wimminz.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
How about Robert Guillaume as Sisko instead of Avery Brooks? And Richard Mulligan as Bashir instead of Siddig El Fadil/Alexander Siddig? Odo can stay as he is, casting & all. Then, via Q or other hyperbeing, whisk Neelix all the way from the DQ to join the cast & crew of DS9, again he too can stay as he casting-wise.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I can see it now: Every time a doorbell goes off, Sisko says, "...you wan' me ta git that?"

Richard Mulligan? That's quite a jump in type. Also he's dead.

Neelix is a cancer on the ass of any Trek show.

whisky

Boobie inspector
No, Benson was the only character who was a regular on both, he might have had a cameo at some point on Benson, a few of them did.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Benson was a spinoff of Soap, so it's all the same creative family of writers/producers.

Richard Mulligan (Burt), Cathryn Damon (Mary), Arthur Peterson (the Major), Eugene Roche (Attorney Malu), Roscoe Lee Browne (Benson's replacement, Saunders), Gordon Jump (Chief of Police Tinkler), and announcer/narrator Rod Roddy are gone. Everyone else seems to still be around.

Surprisingly, Billy Crystal isn't the only castmate who is still prominent. Jennifer Salt, who played daughter Eunice, is now a big-time writer. She wrote the screenplay for the film Eat Pray Love, and has written episodes of Nip/Tuck and American Horror Story. Hmph.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Also, Katherine Helmond (Jessica) is 84 and still working!

And Randee Heller (Alice the lesbian) is still very much alive, but she played Miss Blankenship on Mad Men, and Miss Blankenship died at her desk. WHY WHY WHY DID THEY TAKE YOU FROM US MISS BLANKENSHIP?

CaptainWacky

GOOD INFO EGGS.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Work was slow this afternoon, and I have a bookmark to IMDb. Things happen.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
ALSO SOAP IS ONE OF MY TOP 5 ALL TIME FAVORITE TV SHOWS.

CaptainWacky

Was there a character named Bat or something.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
Let's talk about SOAP and BENSON

I'm NOT too familiar with Soap and Benson:( Wasn't/weren't BOTH Odo and Neelix on one &/or BOTH shows? I mean Rene Auberjonois and Ethan Phillips obviously, NOT those characters!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Odo and Neelix were both regulars on Benson.

Bat was Burt (Richard Mulligan) Campbell's nickname in the final season, when he became sheriff.