London pics

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
darwin33.jpg

The Man.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Friend who works there got me a peek into the hall where they were dismantling the Darwin show (which I saw back here in NYC when it first went up).

darwincrates33.jpg

So, Indy…which one's the Ark?

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
animoscorp33.jpg

The animotronic scorpion in the bug hall. Claws & tail moved, 'though haltingly.

Terrifying as this was, it was NOTHING compared to the animatronic T-Rex in the dino hall, which (I'm told) once had a color sensor that caused it to follow you if you were wearing a certain color. Even with that nifty little feature turned off, the fucking thing was terrifying, and families with kids --who had no doubt hounded thier parents to take them there and who now weren't having any of it-- would get logjammed at the top of the ramp.

Got some video of it. :eyebrows: I'll let everyone know when it's on YouTube.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
What, no pics of Tennant??

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
moasegg33.jpg

The moa's egg I referred to in the other thread.
Big as it is, I'd hate to meet the mama Elephant Bird that had to push that monster out its Play-Doh Fun Factory of Life.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
planethall33.jpg

Avoid if you experience vertigo of any kind (which apparently used to be a big problem when the globe used to literally spin, as per the original design.)

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
bugeyeblue33.jpg

Older than the one in NYC, and anatomically incorrect --The eyes only bulge out like that when its dead carcass is lying on the deck of a processing ship, which is the only place anyone ever got a really good look at one up until Jaques Cousteau, whereupon they found that the eyes are actually flush with the rest of the body. I heard the one in New York had the same mistake and, since it was newer, they got someone to shave down & resculpt they eyes.

Here, I started to chicken out with Menty's challenge. I was pressed for time and hadn't found any means by which I could what he requested. But as I made my way through the hall...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I was there as well last Wednesday, I think (I looked at that very same elephant bird egg). We used to go on school trips, but I'd never had the chance to just stroll around in my own time, so I went there and the Science Museum.

Didn't know the Earth sculpture/thing used to spin.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Many of those pics make me think I'd really like to go to those places (if I had a non-agoraphobic body.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well if you ever get one I'll be happy to show you around.