Lord of the Rings tv show

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

It's just a list of people making the show. So it isn't exciting (though Tolkein nerds should be happy at Tom Shippey and John Howe.) But there's going to be casting news soon so we need a thread.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Is this going to be exploring new stuff in Middle Earth, or retelling the movies/book?

CaptainWacky

It's set during the Second Age, at least three thousand years before LOTR. So yeah, new stuff. Some character who were around then could show up like Galadriel and Elrond (BUT NOT GANDALF HE WASN'T IN THE MIDDLE EARTH THEN.)

I SUSPECT it'll be all about the first rise of Sauron (he started off pretending to be a good guy) and the fall of Numenor (Atlantis-like island.)

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

As Alatar and Pallando actually arrived in Middle Earth during the Second Age, long before Gandalf, that might be possible. But the show probably wouldn't be able to use their names since they were only named in books edited by Christopher Tolkien (remember how they were referenced but not named in the Hobbit movies.)

CaptainWacky

WELL I GUESS BATMAN WILL JOIN THE AVENGERS AND HAN SOLO WILL KISS DEANNA TROI THEN.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
All those hobbit feet have got to last a lot longer than one movie, so it's understandable.

CaptainWacky

I just looked up the cast and noticed LENNY HENRY is in it and suddenly I'm excited!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Will there be Hobbits?

CaptainWacky

Probably not.

CaptainWacky

It's Johnny Depp who has no Heard.

CaptainWacky

Hard to tell anything from that name reveal thing. If that's "young" (actually already thousands of years old) Galadriel's voice then she isn't really trying to sound like Cate Blanchett. But at least she says "Mordor" right.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

That's like a two thousand year time span it's covering...