Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost season 6 FINAL CHAPTER

Not to move on to a discussion about trek, but Heisenberg compensators could NEVER exist. Also, isn't a transporter just a disintegration ray and a replicator. Meaning, you die every time the transporter starts, and every time you materialize, you're a new clone. It's like the Prestige, but less grim. BTW, that was a spoiler.

The deal with the beard was it made the viewers think that the others were a bunch of tribal savages with no technology for the first one and a half seasons...except that they had a boat...okay I have no idea.

Lots of closeted gays have beards.

I think I can answer the Richard one.

He tells Sun he saw the losties die, because from his perspective, he saw a nuclear bomb go off and them vanish, its not an unreasonable assumption to make that when people stood next to a nuclear explosion vanish, they have been vaporised, not sent forwards in time 30 years.

But he didn't see it. And also he'd already seen Locke, Sawyer etc disappear before his very eyes in the fifities.

Not to move on to a discussion about trek, but Heisenberg compensators could NEVER exist. Also, isn't a transporter just a disintegration ray and a replicator. Meaning, you die every time the transporter starts, and every time you materialize, you're a new clone. It's like the Prestige, but less grim. BTW, that was a spoiler.

TNG's technobabble almost made sense if you concentrated real hard, unlike Voyagers. Even though changing the fundamental nature of the universe would seem like an impossible thing to do....I can see how eliminating the randomness in subatomic particles would be a necessary first step before scanning and recording the exact location velocity and direction of the quadrillions of particles making up a human body.

The whole question of whether you die each time comes down to whether you believe you have a soul that leaves your physical body when its machinery is no longer functional. Star Trek generally does not believe in such things (unless you are Bajoran or Sisko) but at least Barclay brought up the point once and the crew on Enterprise NX was skeptical for like 3 episodes. Also if this matters, the transporter actually transports the matter making up your body as a beam of energy, so when you materialize you are still made up of the same stuff (although for particle physicists this point would be irrelevant as an electron with spin up is considered indistinguishable and interchangeable to any other spin up election).

Of course when transporters start duplicating people and turning them into kids then Trek is back into Lost magic electromagnetism territory.

Trek hardly stands above Lost when it comes to abusing science BS to drive plots. But whatever mysteries came of this were always solved by the end of the episode. If TNG were written by Lost writers half the mystery episodes would abruptly end with no conclusion and of course be never mentioned again.

You watch TV on a entirely TOO GEEKY level to enjoy most science fiction, MOOGOO!

[YOUTUBE]HWECQa23Cs[/YOUTUBE]

Clever lad. Has lots to say. Kind of cute in a geeky way, too.

[YOUTUBE]ybfmNRNnXUA[/YOUTUBE]

FUCKING BORKED UP THE FUCKIGN FUCK FCKCFF

Okay, I watched the whole Glory Hole video thinking there would be some connection to Lost in the end but I must have missed it...

Blah blah, none of those movies were 121.5 hours long with dozens of questions left lingering at the end.

If in "2001" there were 500 monoliths each shaped like a different barnyard animal that gave people visions of random Twilight Zone episodes when in close proximity, the movie might not have been as popular.

Though I agree with their comparison to The Bible. Makes sense. Both stories are half random pointless carnage and half sappy humanistic character-building nonsense. In fact the timeline of the Bible's writing closely parallels that of Lost's. At some point around 2000 years ago God must have realized that while the story in the Bible was exciting and action packed, it made no fucking sense at all. Oh shit what now! God must have thought. HMMM Let's make it about...THE PEOPLE! Now everyone reading will feel so warm and happy inside that they'll forget the first 5000 years ever happened.

AND A NEW RELIGION WAS BORN.

I fully expect that around 500 years from now Jack will be the worlds new Jesus, a dirty plastic water bottle will be the elusive Holy Grail, and Lostopedia will be the new Bible.

In this future, schools will be inundated with unending debates between angry parents about whether kids should be taught that The Light was created by the holy will of The Island, or that it came to be through natural scientifically explainable events. Churches will be adorned with giant stained glass windows of various Jack-faces. Thousands of radio stations across the country will be dedicated to playing "You All Everybody" covers 24 hours a day. The story of Christmas told to kids will be that of Lapidus flying around the world and dropping presents from his plane. Others (people who thought the finale sucked) will be the new Jews and many bloody wars will be fought between them and blah blah blah this could go on forever should probably get back to work LOST SUX.