Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marriage Proposal For Laker Girl

So, TQ, You wanna go to LA? I actually DO want to see my friend in Long Beach, and Buddy fares aren't That much more expensive.

I just want to go before graduation in may.

The Question said:
We just might do something come May or June. I hate to plan too far ahead, but let's say a tentative one-year courtship so we can do a June wedding, which I'm told is supposed to be extra-romantic for some reason entirely unknown to me. But also, one year is a good long trial run which should ensure that everything's a good fit. :)

Sounds good.

June! Go to LA in June! I'm trying to get out there then, and I know a someone who will be out there! ;)

A June TK LA meetup! WooHoo! :D ;) And what better reason than a TK wedding? ;) :bigass:

Blindgroping said:
So, TQ, You wanna go to LA? I actually DO want to see my friend in Long Beach, and Buddy fares aren't That much more expensive.

I just want to go before graduation in may.

Looks like we're shooting for June. Any date June or thereabouts we can plan on, but I'll need that much time to clear up travel and accomodation and amusement fundage. Gives me a deadline for finishing and shopping "Noir", too.

One possible point of contention on a marriage, though -- I wouldn't want to live in Cali, at least not full-time. Maybe six out of the year, but their laws are waaaay too Draconian for my taste.

The Question said:
We just might do something come May or June. I hate to plan too far ahead, but let's say a tentative one-year courtship so we can do a June wedding, which I'm told is supposed to be extra-romantic for some reason entirely unknown to me. But also, one year is a good long trial run which should ensure that everything's a good fit. :)

You gotta do it in autumn.

That whole June wedding thing is a big farce. It's an industry trick...like boss's day and sweetest day.

Autumn wedding are better. They last longer.

As a "minister" who's 12 and 0, on this you can trust me.

OMG! Really?

That would be sooo fucking awesome! TQ, Blindgroping, me L_G, possibly Cait..., and a few surprise guests!

COOL! :bigass:

Peter Octavian said:
You gotta do it in autumn.

That whole June wedding thing is a big farce. It's an industry trick...like boss's day and sweetest day.

Autumn wedding are better. They last longer.

As a "minister" who's 12 and 0, on this you can trust me.

I have the Universal Life Church paper too. Don't you still need a state license to marry as well?

Not in most states.

Most states, you don't even need the paper.

You can be a denomination of one, and so long as you've got a couple witnesses.....and unwashed bum can officiate.

Peter Octavian said:
Not in most states.

Most states, you don't even need the paper.

You can be a denomination of one, and so long as you've got a couple witnesses.....and unwashed bum can officiate.

I wonder if Arizona os one? A few people have asked me to officiate their marriages.
(and cater it too.)

This June, I don't know, I never plan that far ahead, we shall see. As for a wedding next June, well I like the fall wedding idea. My parents were married in October and 43 years later they're still married...Not happily but still married non-the-less. Maybe Q and I should shoot for an Autum nuptual.

The Bowl is one my favorite venues. For the longest time, the John Williams concert was an annual event for me. I just love listening to the concert, with the majestic mountains looming in the background.

Truth be told, that's the major reason I want to get out there. I miss the Bowl.

Laker_Girl said:
This June, I don't know, I never plan that far ahead, we shall see. As for a wedding next June, well I like the fall wedding idea. My parents were married in October and 43 years later they're still married...Not happily but still married non-the-less. Maybe Q and I should shoot for an Autum nuptual.

Results point to that being a good idea. :)

Blindgroping said:
I wonder if Arizona os one? A few people have asked me to officiate their marriages.
(and cater it too.)

ULC's website used to have a list of which states did and didn't require some official nod.

I can't imagine that Arizona.....with Sedona and all that lunacy going on....would have any problem with you officiating a wedding.

Shit, in PA, I had no problem....and it's about as uptight a state as you can get.