Members banned from AQG on ExIsle can’t voice an opinion

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
Link

Banapis said:
The Staff has realized that some members (not all!) suspended from AQG have simply shifted inappropriate posts and gripes to the Beach (and we certainly do NOT mean that all Beach posts by suspended AQGers are inappropriate!!).

From this point forward, if a poster is suspended from AQG, and if they then move their base of operations to another EI forum in order to continue to gripe about Board affairs, or their ongoing suspension from AQG, their suspension will be changed to a boardwide suspension.

Several have suggested that an AQG ban in the first place does not make sense. Our philosophy is this: Griping is a privilege extended to members, and it is to take place in the forum for such things. The purpose of griping is to inform the Staff about the membership's suggestions and complaints about the board and its administration. Constructive criticism is welcome, but angry flames, belittling posts, or accusations of intentional impropriety directed at the Staff or other community members do not further the beneficial purpose of the forum.

Should a member make posts that result in their receiving a suspension from AQG, the privilege to gripe does not transfer to other forums. After serving their suspension, should a member care to discuss it in a civil manner, they are welcomed to return to AQG and discuss it. However, posters are not permitted to turn the Beach nor any other forum into their substitute gripe zone.

Thanks,
The Staff

Notice how its been pinned and locked?

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Oh! So pointing out something might be wrong is now a privilege???

This is getting richer and richer... :lol:

Check out the thread about RHW trying to start a poll that's clearly against the new guidelines, and he's getting support for it!

http://www.exisle.net/mb/index.php?showtopic=32960

Edit to add: the thread you linked to is locked...apparently there will be no discussion on the subject.

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
Oh and I strongly recommended against any of the currently AQG banned members from commenting on this anywhere on ExIsle.

As for RHW’s poll my advice to them is to try and make as strong a case as possible because as a result of recent decisions it won’t be going to a poll and will fall upon the opinion of Rov in the end.

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
Enkephalen said:
He's part of the A+ team. They'll let him have what he wants.

Oh I’m sure they will give it to him, even if they haven’t stated their case very well yet because they are treating it as something that’s going to poll.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Grandtheftcow said:
Oh and I strongly recommended against any of the currently AQG banned members from commenting on this anywhere on ExIsle.

As for RHW’s poll my advice to them is to try and make as strong a case as possible because as a result of recent decisions it won’t be going to a poll and will fall upon the opinion of Rov in the end.

LOL....they are following me around like puppy dogs. That pinned topic is addressed directly to me. I just changed my signature to be a loooonnggg gripe.

How long until your rights to signature gripes are removed??

Hey, fuck you Banapis. I'm coming for you.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
DarthSikle said:
LOL....they are following me around like puppy dogs. That pinned topic is addressed directly to me. I just changed my signature to be a loooonnggg gripe.

How long until your rights to signature gripes are removed??

Don't laugh. I remember back on the SSBBS, Lisa went all nazi about signature lengths and using your sig more than once in a thread. Lil actually started pasting her sig to every post she made and claimed it was part of her post.

Don't be surprised if they start supervising signatures as well. ;)

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
It wouldn't be the first time that Signatures were brought up to the board. This would be the first for this type of thing, but wouldn't be the first for Sigs in general.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
rommie, what's your take on this nonsense??

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Sounds like a "no comment" to me.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
he'd get yelled at

Captain Jack

What RHW (as much as I like the guy) is basically saying is he's too lazy to click twice to get the IIU. The fact is, as Jid pointed out, you don't have to click twice. All you have to do is click on the main page the subforum link below GMD and you're there.

This is like if I said the Role Playing Forum is too far down on the page and it's inconvenient for me to scroll down every time I want to go in there and blah-blah-blah. I'd be pounced on so fast, I wouldn't know what hit me if I proposed the forum be moved on top of the page so I won't have to scroll. It's this sort of sillyness that I find irritating.

The Admins are in code red alert, and they're just firing one round after another. People are going to get hurt. I am not happy with the way things have been going all around in the last few weeks. Hopefully, things will get better. Here's hoping. I am an optimist after all.

Captain Jack

That's why I think it is a bad idea what they are doing.