Men, in general, are stupid

Mirah

I love you
So SaintLucifer, tell me, when was the last time you were pleasured? Tell me about your servant. When was the last time she fucked you? Did you have your cock sucked?

You must be such a powerful man that I am sure you have 5 servants, willing and waiting to serve you.

Is this your way of offering your services? Run along, for I have no need of them.

Is this your way of offering your services? Run along, for I have no need of them.

Well, there was one time.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Get back to me Tereshechko when you can supply the really good drugs and not these pussy Canadian drugs.

Pussy Canadian drugs? No doubt much like the pussy Canadian beer. I do recall visiting your ridiculous city of Cleveland for a hockey tournament. I ordered Molson Golden, only to discover it was NOT Molson Golden... it was not Canadian... it was not even imported. I OWNED the manager of the bar when I took him to task for giving my buddy and I that piss you Americans call beer, and not the real Canadian stuff. The manager screamed that the Molson Golden we were drinking was indeed Canadian. We OWNED his dumbfuck American ass when we pointed at the label which clearly stated 'brewed under license by Coors', which is an AMERICAN company. Do you honestly believe I would touch that American piss you call 'beer'? Get serious. When you Americans learn to brew beer, let me know. Until then, keep your pussy beers to yourselves. We Canadians aren't interested.

cakewalk

along for the ride
Men aren't all stupid, but most are simpler than women in many ways. Most of my friends are men, but my closest friends are women.

I generally love men and their simpleness.

Lay your hand on a man's knee when you're driving and blow him a kiss from the passenger seat; he's generally a happy man for the whole ride.

Tell a man he's the best and he makes you feel good (and mean it) and he'll do his best to make you feel even better.

I love that. Women read more into the simple pleasures. It's not stupid, but it sometimes makes us think men are stupid. In my experience.

Disclaimer: Saint Lucifer is the exception. He appears to be just plain stupid.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
I wouldn't exactly call men simple. Sometimes I'd really like to open one and find out how they work.
They have a totally different way of thinking and reacting. They don't get hints and when you're frank, they are easily insulted. They also take a no for either a yes or an insult and simply don't get it that there are other ways to deal with any kind of strong emotion but having sex.

What I'd like is a species of man that talks instead of expecting women to be mindreaders. If they'd explain what's the matter with them, we could understand and vice versa.

What I am seeking in a man is a genuine partner. An equal.
And at the risk of disappointing my male readers: those few inches between your legs are not at all important. What I find irresistably sexy is brains, loyalty, good manners and a sense of humour.

cakewalk

along for the ride
Interesting TheCallofNature. I've had the same experience as you described with many men in terms of not getting hints and being sensitive to frankness. I think it's because they are more simple when it comes to pleasure - not just sexual pleasure - pleasure in general. Not questioning things that make them feel good; just enjoying them. Maybe it's not "simple" per se, you may be right. Could just be how I define the quality it in my mind.

My guy friends tell me all the time that they wish women wouldn't expect them to be mind readers. I know I've been guilty of getting annoyed when a male friend or lover hasn't responded as I'd like, even though I never expressed what I wanted directly. I've gotten better as I've gotten older. Sound like you're better at it than I.

I sometimes have the opposite frustration. Most of the men that I know as friends or lovers say exactly what they mean (even when they shouldn't!). Anyway, good points you brought up - men probably can't be stereotyped as generally simple any more than generally stupid. Guess it all depends on the man and the perception of the woman with whom he's spending time.

And, I agree - smart with a good sense of humor is definitely attractive and a must. But, the part between the legs is still really important to me too. Can't help it, it just is. :happy:

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
It's propably a matter of age (I'm in my late 40s).

You mention a few important points I had omitted. The mind reading problem is definitely one that concerns both genders. There is a big lack in communication between men and women, in my experience. The question is: where does it root?
After all, most people have one parent of either sex. Shouldn't it be safe to assume we'd have at least a vague idea about the communication structures of both genders? But apperently that's not the case. What could be the reason? Do we instinctively follow the role model even today, after women's lib and equal rights etc?
Or could it be even simpler: do men and women nowadays have different ways of communication than the previous generation?

I must admit, I am not certain about it.
As for myself: I was raised by the old code: a lady never shows her emotions in public and never loses her temper in private. Of course, I don't stick to it. Still, for the sake of harmony and to avoid quarrels, I often keep it to myself if I am displeased and only try to steer the male in the right direction by giving him little hints. He promptly doesn't understand them, repeats the fauxpas, the tension builds and after the 5th or 6th time I explode. Man doesn't get where that came from and sulks. Next quarrel pre-programmed. *sigh*

But how does one criticise a man without him feeling insulted? Guys, here we need your input. Serious suggestions, please!

(Loktar, you're a perfect sweetie! If only you weren't that young. And that far away)

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
not necessary anymore. Men do that all the time, already :p

Or was that another misunderstanding and it was really your reply to my request for input? *huggles 'Gear*

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
sorry. I didn't mean to invade your personal space. You may huggle me back if it makes you feel better :p

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Like I said - Pompous.

Sometimes if you want men to listen to you all you have to do is be quiet. Might help to be younger, skinnier and better looking too.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
Touche :) *bows*

Do you mean if woman says nothing, man will automatically start to talk? Wouldn't a man be suspicious that the woman is sulking or pissed and therefore not say anything either, for fear of offending her further? How could a woman avoid giving this impression?

(I'm not kidding, 'Gear. I'm really interested in finding out where and why communication fails between men and women. And what other way to solve misunderstandings than texplaining in detail?)

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Communication fails between men and women because beyond rudimentary basics to get through the day it's unnecessary. Say what you have to say to get the job done, quit over thinking shit and be kind to each other. I've been with my wife for 18yrs and that's what works for us.

Of course she's pretty hot too so that helps because I'm shallow.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
No offense, but as physically pleasing as this might be, it doesn't exactly sound very satisfying, intellectually. I very much enjoy a deep talk about history, art or science. Don't get me wrong: I do enjoy silence as well, but I haven't found many men with whom one can have a comfortable silence. The perfect man for me would be able to do both.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Good thing you and I aren't married then. I guess you have to go with what's working for you...

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
yes, propably.
Do you think it's just individual differences or might there be a cultural compound in it? After all, we're from different sides of the globe and from countries of a very different age (1500 years vs 250 years)

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Oh that right - You're European Nobility.

I don't know about cultural components and whatnot, but IMO your problem is ego.