MENTY PICTUREHOSTER'S ALL FUCKED UP

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Fixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixit.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
UH-OH!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Even he posted a red X in my 10000 thread!!!!!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
My "complaint" thread was a lot more polite.

But yeah, it would be a national disaster if all the images were gone...

Tisiphone

We would need internet fema!!!!!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
PICTUREHOSTER IN CRISIS

Minefield posters have been courageously searching for supplies and remaining images throughout the forums.

Meanwhile, there are sporadic reports of Badlanders looting and stealing images rather than turning them into the authorities.

Seph

Retired Account
yeah we have, and what biatch?

Seph

Retired Account
has he forgotten to pay da mansdem?

Tisiphone

Can he be hacked???

whisky

Boobie inspector
If its been up exactly a year I am thinking he may have forgot to give them more money.

CaptainWacky

It's been up more than a year.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I am moving the site to a new server and have had a few problems. I can take you through it step by step if you would like because it's a bit more complicated than just forgetting to pay my bill. :phpneutral:

So here goes. The process so far:

When I do server to server transfers I like to do it through command line in SSH since it's far more reliable. WHM never works right. I use puTTY to achieve this.

putty.gif

It's puTTY. Woo.

Since I am moving the site from a shared environment to my dedicated virtual environment (VPS) I only have full root SSH access on my dedicated server. I can only get Jailed SSH access on the shared server due to them not wanting shared users having root access to the server machine for obvious reasons. I requested Jailed SSH access and got it but Jailed SSH access won't allow me to use my preferred method for creating a tarball with the command scripts/pkgacct because Jailed SSH has no access to the root folder and thus no access to the scripts database. This means I had to create a tar.gz rip of my entire Public_Html folder with the

tar - cpzf mydomain02-01-10.tar.gz*

command.

So I did this and then did a standard wget - command through my VPS SSH to move the entire public_html folder over. I then tried to unpack it using a script command (which I can do on my VPS) but since it was not created using the scripts/pkgacct command on the other server it threw up a whole bunch of cpanel failures. I then manually created a new account/cpanel on the new server and manually unpacked the tarball using the
tar -xzf mydomain-02-01-10.tar.gz command.

I then moved the contents to the correct folders and I SSHed into the server and acquired root permissions.

I then went to /home/pictureh/public_html.

I used chown -R pictureh0ictureh pictureholder in order to change
ownership of the pictureholder folder and all of its contents.

I then moved everything in pictureholder/ to the public_html by using the following command: mv pictureholder/* ./

This gave me 1 error due to the folder name having another folder with the same name inside of it.

After all this headache I then got a Mysql error and am currently in the process of exporting the mysql database with the
mysql -u username -p dbname < filename.back.dump
mysqldump --opt -u dbuser -p dbname > filename.back.dump
commands.

I then need to manually create the Mysql databases and import everything inside. And then hopefully everything will work.

I hope that clears everything up for everyone!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
What drugs should I take in order to understand any of that better?

;)

GO DO THAT VOODOO THAT YOU DO SO WELL.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Um, thanks! I think! So PictureHoster work soon? Tomtrek post pictures of pretty ladies again soon? TOMTREK SMASH.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
We should now be back in business. What an absolute nightmare that was to get sorted. I created a new banner for the place to celebrate a very painful - but I hope successful - server move just to give the place a little extra gloss.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Did he sneak in any latin words for oral sex in the computer technical bit? I have a feeling he did but I didn't spot them.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sweet banner! YOU'RE SCRAPING THE EARTH!

CaptainWacky

Makeitsoclickingrandomimagealsodisplaysrandomimagesfromusergallerieslol.