MERLIN season two

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Starts tomorrow (Saturday.) It's usually formulaic and the special effects are a bit cheap, but the cast is good and it's always wathchable and often quite fun.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Didn't realise it was starting tomorrow, but I've seen the ads. Doesn't look like it'll be any different from usual. "Sorcery... are you sure?" But I'm sure it'll be enjoyable. :)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
GONNA BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR KATIE'S MCGRATH'S WONDERFUL PALE BREASTS (they should just rename the show to "Katie McGrath's Wonderful Pale Breasts").

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
It is all HIGH DEFINITION HIGH RES with you Tomtrek isn't it?

I bet you complain when you get a bus ticket.
tomtrek said:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? IT LOOKS LIKE A DOT MATRIX PRINTER!!
BusDriver said:
Sorry, man, but all bus tickets are that way
tomtrek said:
What fuckin century are you in? Dont you have at least a Canon Laser on this shitheap?
BusDriver said:
Er, you are wierd - and why are you carrying a 20 foot wide poster of Scarlett Johannsen?

CaptainWacky

Girls are nice.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"You can't get anything past me, Merlin!"

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Sorry guys, but it bored me to tears. I stuffed a Movie on around three quarters of the way through.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I missed the beginning, but I did find myself sighing several times. It had all the same typical plot elements as the first season episodes. Was still okay and the rest of the season should be entertaining enough, but hopefully they'll shake things up a bit here and there.

CaptainWacky

There was the same problems as the first season with Arthur's character being a jerk and totally forgetting all the times Merlin has saved him. And Gaius being an even bigger jerk and not believing in magic WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO KILL HIM WITH MAGIC EVERY WEEK. And Morgna was hardly in it. :(

On the plus side the CGI was a bit better, MacKenzie Crook was pretty good and I liked his showdown with Merlin with the dialogue lifted almost word for word from Star Wars. "Join me and together we can rule Camelot!" I was listening for the Imperial March.

IT WASN'T THAT BAD AND MAYBE IT'LL GET BETTER.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yes, needed more Morgana. A lot more Morgana. MOREgana.

IT was... sort of... alright... I guess. There was just a lot of stuff that could've been better.

I would have liked it if they made it somewhat ambiguous as to wether the EVIL-SPIRIT was totally gone from Merlin. I mean they built up that we might get to see some evil Merlin - which would have been awesome - but instead we just get that he (somehow) had that big heart shaped crystal on him and (somehow) transferred the soul back into it.

I dunno, maybe it was the magic spit that the dragon spat onto him gave him the power.

Needed more Morgana.

CaptainWacky

I was looking for his eyes to flash EVIL COLOUR when he hugged Gaius, but no.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I hoped they'd do a Doctor Bashir and have him evil for a few episodes without us or the characters knowing, but they obviously won't.

CaptainWacky

Arthur and Uther wouldn't believe it anyway. Even if he murdered Gaius right in front of them. "Stop mucking around, Merlin! You're so stupid!"

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I was annoyed when Merlin just went up to Arthur and said "GARETH FROM THE OFFICE IS EVIL HE'S POSSESSED MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC YOU HAVE TO FIND HIM!!!!!!" instead of "Hey so Gareth from The Office was the only person who could've had your key, so I guess you'd better find him?"

CaptainWacky

"Don't be ridiculous, Meriln, the shifty looking guy I only met a few days ago could NEVER possibly have stolen my key!"

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Look on the bright side - Charles Dance is in it next week, and he always rocks.

CaptainWacky

I hope he tickles Grew.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I missed this but gave Robin Hood a try. For like three minutes.