Merlin series 5

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
What does her dragon being mute mean?

CaptainWacky

He's too blinded by his lust for Mordred to notice, someone one Tumblr probably said.

CaptainWacky

It was a fun episode in a "typical Merin" way, but as usual they could have gone further and added a bit more depth. I liked the scenes with Uther in them and Anthony Head was A LOT OF FUN as an evil ghost, but he was only in it for about five minutes in total and the rest was lots of padding with them walking around while generic scary things happened and some really gay comedy. Like it was funny comedy, but Sir Leon now totally thinks Merlin and Arthur are doing it. And that ending was the most blantant "they're in an abusive homo-erotic relationship" ending in the history of television.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
SOUNDS LIKE AN EPISODE I NEED TO WATCH RIGHT NOW! :day:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Spoons can indeed be painful.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HAHA FALLING CHANDELIERS JUST LIKE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA FROM 25 YEARS AGOO.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Poetry isn't gay. IT TURNED WILLIAM INTO SPIKE and he likes the girls.

LOL FISTING.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Good ep. Pity we won't see Giles anymore.

Gwen's kinda boring.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Gwen's interesting when she gets something to do other than wandering around and getting hit over the head. Her opportunities to act are unfortunately few and far between.

It was a good episode, but had two big flaws for me. The first is all that boring walking around which for whatever reason lacked the tension it was intended to have. The second thing that got me was that Uther knew Arthur had made non-noblemen knights and that he'd married Gwen, but didn't know Merlin had magic. How can he know one thing and not the other? Had he only been looking up the Camelot news headlines from the afterlife, rather than actually looking in in person?

Anyway, nice to see Anthony Head back and I thought the lensflarey Stonehenge scene was well filmed and written. It's a shame they didn't go into more depth, but the conversations they did have were fairly serious for a "tea time family show" (at 8:20pm) so I was surprised to get that much.

The fisting reference left me in a state of shock.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, Uther only knowing some things from the afterlife made no sense. Maybe he could only see what Arthur was up to because they're close. Or he was just watching Gwen's tits all the time and missed Merlin doing magic. Or something.

Have Arthur and Gwen even had a scene together this series?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Heh, the only one I can think of was in this episode at Arthur's coronation party, where he got up and left her on her own.

CaptainWacky

Also it's been three years since they got married and she hasn't had any children yet. Bet he hasn't even touched her.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Too much HORSEPLAY. (if only they'd show it)

CaptainWacky

Wasn't there an episode where Arthur literally rid Merlin like a horse?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
In my mind at least, certainly. Although it was Merlin riding Arthur in my version.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
And that's why Merlin won't tell Arthur he has magic.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I just don't buy that Arthur would wear his keys on the right.