CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
"Merlin...are you wanking me off as I sleep?"

"It's just a dream!"

"I choose to believe that!"

*five minutes of wanking nosies*

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[ChrisGriffin] GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! AAAAAAUGH!!! [/ChrisGriffin]

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Does this show have some sort of minimum cleavage quotient?

Like they knew that Morgana would have to cover up hers for most of the episode so they had to bring in some EMERGENCY CLEAVAGE.

Which makes sense, since Gwen's cleavage can't really support the show on it's own.

CaptainWacky

This episode was good in a "good for Merlin" way with the typical padding and characters acting stupid and why not just kill Morgana issues. I hope Princess Mithian returns for a cleavage related event at Camelot.

Arhtur and Gwen finally talk and he kisses her...on the forehead. Bet it's only Merlin he'll kiss on the lips.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HEEHEE THEY SHOWED A DARK KNIGHT GOING PEEPEE.

I lliked the episode, but it made me realize how desperately the comic element is needed in this show. I missed it. It's a pretty dry experience without it.

Arthur: "Mithian, no need to apologize. I'd have done the same thing if it were my father." Would he really? That was too easy a way out of a complicated hour.

James Fox can read the phone book and I'd watch. Wish he had more screen time. I may have to watch The Remains of the Day now.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I would've liked more James Fox too. Funny that his niece Emilia Fox previously fought on Morgana's side (as her half sister or something?).

Anyway, yeah, it was an okay episode. It was very nicely shot in places and there were a few scenes here and there that were very well written (for Merlin).

The boobs in the first few seconds raised some eyebrows considering the Beeb is currently being accused of sexual discrimination against women. Gwen didn't get to do much either, again.

And thingy got off way too easily.

CaptainWacky

Was this the first tme we've actually seen the MUCH DISCUSSED Odin (thingy)?

Oh, and yeah it's a bit strange how last week's episode was all about Arthur learning his father was a total shit but this week he was back to "I have avenger my father's death!"

CaptainWacky

I'll actually say something good about Merlin FOR ONCE: the acting in the scene where Merlin nearly told Arthur to allow magic was really good from Colin Morgan.

But the writing...wasn't it only two weeks ago that Arthur saved an old woman who was about to be burned as a witch or whatever? Yet now he wanted that Oscorp guy arrested just for being a sorceror? Or was he supposed to have done something bad? Did magic really nearly destroy Camelot or was that just Uther lying to Arthur and Arthur believes it? Why doesn't Merlin realise that if Arthur allowed magic to return then Mordred wouldn't have any reason to kill him anyway?

Yeah anyway, at least next week looks like a nice fun romp with Morgana torturing Gwen.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Mr Oscorp was described as a murderer as well as a sorcerer so killing him was perfectly ok.

But I found the whole episode quite frustrating. Like last week it might've been helped by some humour but my main issue was Merlin's stupid "dilemma". I agree it was well acted, but it should've been a total no brainer. Legalising magic has been merlin's objective since day one, and if he wanted Mordred dead so much he could take care of that at any time.

It reminded me of all those dumb voyager episodes where they find a way to get home and then at the last minute Janeway decides its immoral or something.

If there's any consolation it's that Merlin acknowledged how dumb a decision it was.

CaptainWacky

Q could have sent them home if Janeway had just prostituted herself to him like a good captain.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Picard slept with Q for less.

CaptainWacky

GOOD EPISODE. Was actually genuinely creepy at times. Good CINEMATOGRAPHY too. It's good that Gwen has come to her senses and realised Morgana's the good guy!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was good and I think they did a good job of making her believably driven to her wit's end in a 45 minute timeslot, but the ending would've made a lot more sense if she hadn't seen her brother die right in front of her. How can she blame anyone but Morgana for that? Oh well, at least she'll get to do something from now on besides heaving her boobs and flaring her nostrils.

Nice to see people listening to Merlin, which just goes to show how well it'd work if he came out of the magic closet.

Fairies have ridiculously high foreheads.

I liked that they used mandrake root again. I can't remember exactly what effect it had previously, but I remember Morgana putting some under someone's bed.

Presumably the guy who plays Elion had got tired of spending months in France every year only to be put at the back of shot or being knocked unconscious in every episode to demonstrate the severity of the situation.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Good episode - MORGANA WON!

I hope Gwen spends all of the next episode doing EVIL SMIRKS when no one's looking and then she goes back to Morgana who gives her EVIL SMIRK lessons.

CaptainWacky

WANK WANK WANK WANK WANK WANK WANK?

CaptainWacky

Seemed like a waste of Samwell Tarly.

So now Gwen is the EVIL SMILE person. First Morgana, then evil uncle (remember him?) now Gwen. CAN THEY DO ANYTHING NEW?

Episode was okay and it's always fun to see Old Man Merlin but this season hasn't really lived up to its potential (Merlin never will.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well tonight's Merlin was pretty good! (For Merlin)

Similar to countless other episodes, but sort of as if they'd watched all of those and said "ok, THIS is how they should've been done". There was some good acting, Gwen actually got a chance to do something and it had a good range of emotional levels, from serious to some very limited "Merlin you're a fucking moron" bits. The last couple of weeks have shown that "humourous" scenes are actually necessary or it feels too flat.

Merlin came out of the closet. And started putting on Gwen's dress as a cover. #SMH

I thought "old" Merlin was going to convince those guards he was Gaius. One of them could've said "I don't believe it!". It would've been hilarious!

I liked the suggestive talk about the cook's revolting pies and her "poisonous flans". Well I thought it was suggestive anyway.

Gwen smirked. Evilly. Maybe Ghost Uther had foreseen this and that's really why he tried to kill her. I wish they'd said Morgana straight up cast a spell on her, rather than the mandrake thing which makes it seem like she was brainwashed over a matter of hours to the point where she'd kill her own husband.

Don't trust a woman wearing a hood.