NEW New Shows

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
^If you have Apple TV (I'm guessing you do!) then you might also like For All Mankind, the alternate history science fiction show from Ron Moore.

CaptainWacky

OH I SEE HOW IT IS.

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Jodie Foster is heading into Night Country.

The Silence of the Lambs star is to lead the fourth iteration of HBO’s True Detective franchise, True Detective: Night Country.

Foster, who will also exec produce the series, will play Detective Liz Danvers in the series, which comes from writer and director Issa López and executive producer Barry Jenkins.

Alan Page Arriaga, exec producer of Starz’ Shining Girls, has also joined Lopez to write.

The series is centered around Detectives Liz Danvers and Evangeline Navarro who are looking to solve the case of six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanishing without a trace, when the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska. The pair will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.

I might actually watch this.

CaptainWacky

I liked the movie Willow when I was a kid, but can't really remember much about it now. The follow-up tv show looks like nice FAMILY FUN.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I WILL WATCH IT.

CaptainWacky

Possibly the absolute worst tv trailer I've ever seen.

Are Warner trying to kill their DC CW shows by making them intentionally bad?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Possibly the absolute worst tv trailer I've ever seen.

Are Warner trying to kill their DC CW shows by making them intentionally bad?

Let's cancel Batwoman and replace it with another Batman show. Only this time Batman isn't missing, he is dead. WOOO!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Is it weird that the only Batman TV show that looks good to me is the one where he is dead? lol

The Castiel fans must be insane right now.

CaptainWacky

Still looks like FAMILY FUN.

Oh boy.

Turning Al into his hot girlfriend kind of changes the dynamic. (It looks like a continuation rather than a reboot but sill.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
While watching Bake Off when it airs in the UK on Tuesdays, I happened upon Miriam and Alan: Lost in Scotland and Beyond, which airs right after it, and I found it sooooo charming and a real feel-good watch. Alan Cumming and Miriam Margolyes travel throughout Scotland and take detours to other parts of the world and talk about memories and life and work and it's all just adorable. Hopefully it will air on PBS over here soon.

CaptainWacky

It seems like something my mum would have watched and I'd sometimes stick my head int.

CaptainWacky

Lindelof earned my trust after Leftovers and Watchmen so I will watch this weird looking thing!

CaptainWacky

I don't know, I want Apple TV to justify its continued existence and Rebecca Ferguson is lovely, but a whole show set in an underground silo could be a bit dull and dark!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Ironically, it's not as dimly lit as most current TV shows/movies...