Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMFG CAPRICA IS COMING BACK OCTOBER 5TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111eleven

Well that's better than it coming back in January, obviously, but they still should have shown it sooner. And I wonder if this is just them burning off the remaining episodes before they cancel it.

Everyone over at SyFy keeps assuring the fans that it's not going to be nuked too early. Even so, Moore has stated that he might go shop around to different broadcasters to see if it will get picked up. He's never hidden the fact that BSG and Caprica were/are incredibly expensive to shoot. SyFy has also never hidden the fact that they don't like paying those prices. Not when they have a given moneymaker like SGU and one or two other shows that cost less and have higher ratings. It's a shame that the TiVo, OnDemand, iTunes crew aren't counted among Nielsen's antiquated rating system. The "watch it later" people reportedly make up one-third of their viewers.

Oh yeah, Nielsen's rating system also doesn't count non-americans. Stupid. I'm sure their numbers would go even higher if they counted you guys in the UK. Sometimes I'm really ashamed at the US's myopic view of themselves.

Don't worry, most countries do their domestic tv ratings using a similar method to the Nielsen's system. I do think they take into account online viewing, though I agree it tends to be along the lines of "overnight figures show an audience of 1.5 million... oh yeah and btw, like 1 million watched it online or whatever". At least that's how it always reads in articles. Hopefully the executives take online viewing more seriously, as well as any foreign viewers/revenue.

Remember when BSG started, though, that the UK's Sky One channel paid in part for the production. I don't know if or when that ended, but it must have helped SyFy a lot.

If they're gonna go ahead with another BSG mini-series then hopefully that's a sign that they still see a big audience for the franchise and Caprica is safe.

The bigger broadcasting companies do take into account the online viewers, but they don't know the demographics that Nielsen can provide, so all they get are numbers of times viewed. Also, it doesn't account for re-watching and proxy watching. They just know how many times their episodes have been viewed on their site, not really how many people.

Unfortunately, all that american advertisers look at are the Nielsen ratings. Not the whole scope.

I'm really glad Caprica is coming back early, and that it's on Tuesday night. I love sci fi Fridays but sometimes I can't get back home in time on Friday to see everything. ALSO, I'm glad Sanctuary is going to be on Fridays at 10pm, I like that show TOO.

He watches it from his cozy lily pad, he ribbits every time he sees a robot.