Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMFG CAPRICA IS COMING BACK OCTOBER 5TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111eleven

Spoiler alert!

Okay, now I get it. The toasters are powered by actual humans, humans imprisonned in toasters, so to speak. Then they rebel. Initially, it appeared to be revenge. Then when the 13th colony shows up with ressurection, they are trying to revert back to human bodies. Essentially, even though there are only eight models from which to choose, each Cylon really is unique. Wow, it's like the humans are confronting all the actual humans who died in creating the Cylons in the first place. No wonder they were so into religion. We have Meg Tilly as Reverend mother, Bride of Chucky.

Pretty good season premiere. Thought the casting for the "mother" was kinda lame. She seems a little sniffy and wimpy.

Okay, now I get it. The toasters are powered by actual humans, humans imprisonned in toasters, so to speak. Then they rebel. Initially, it appeared to be revenge. Then when the 13th colony shows up with ressurection, they are trying to revert back to human bodies. Essentially, even though there are only eight models from which to choose, each Cylon really is unique. Wow, it's like the humans are confronting all the actual humans who died in creating the Cylons in the first place.

Seriously? The rest of us figured this out back in the pilot.

NOT LOOKING AT SPOILERS but I'm MAD that no one has fucking uploaded this until like half an hour ago WHAT THE FUCK, INTERNET?

I agree with Cassie about the casting of the Mother. Everytime she had a scene I cringed. Surely they could have found someone more suited.

Amanda uses an old MacBook.

Why were the goons so eager to fight Zoe in New Cap even though they knew she couldn't die, and considering that they wouldn't be able to get back into the game if they were killed? I don't want Caprica to have dumb goons. And were they actually working for Tamara, or just bandwagoners?

I don't know how it looked on the tv, but I thought the CG sets worked really well. Not totally seamless, but helped establish a distinctive look for Gemenon without spending so much on soundstages.

The stabby scene was really weird. It would have been much cooler if they'd all taken a bite out of that guy and turned around with blood dripping down their faces!

Uh. I started my download like twelve hours ago and watched it this morning. Use eztv.it next time!

WELL AREN'T YOU MR. DOWNLOADY.

It was alright. I mean it would've been nice if, like, things happened, but still.

The STO has just the cutest terrorists.

Well I liked that we actually saw more of what the One True God followers actually believe and stuff, since I'm always comparing about the "vague religious stuff." The recruting hologram thing was quite creepy and the girl terrorist was hot. Joseph seems more involved in the mob than I remembered (but I guess he's stepped up since giving up on Tamara.)

Poor Lacy seems to have been forgotten by everyone (doesn't she have parents?) and has to keep pretending to be a terrorist with Spike (who's obviously sleeping with all the young girl he recruits.)

WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE to see more Zoe but her one scene was cool.

I find Spike's bushy hair to be very annoying and unattractive.

It's like he's crazy in the basement again!

The Tomtrek said:
It was alright. I mean it would've been nice if, like, things happened, but still.
I don't remember anything happening like, ever, in the first half of the season either. People just kinda have relationships with each other and they'll probably end up blowing up spectacularly at some point!

We saw the space police dude on a tv, so that's progress.

I'm glad they got the bombing of the C-Bucs stadium out of the way early, since it was in the trailer. That scene just needed someone saying "computer, end program!"

Uh-oh...
Bye Bye ‘Caprica’?
By Robert Seidman
October 6, 2010

Bye Bye Caprica? According to Alessandra Torresani who stars in the show, yes.

Commenter “goodridd” noted that Ms. Torresani said on Tuesday’s AOTS (G4′s Attack of the Show) that Caprica would be canceled if they didn’t at least match the numbers for the mid season finale.

She did. Her exact words:

"Tonight is a really important episode because if we don’t get as good as the viewership that we had for the season finale of 1.0, they’re gonna cancel the show."

Here’s the video (link)— those comments come a the 2:30 mark.

Sure, she might have just been stumping for ratings, but she was also stumping to be cast in the lead role for the new Wonder Woman series David E. Kelley is reportedly developing for Warner Bros.

The season 1.5 premiere of Caprica saw fewer viewers and adults 18-49 than the finale of season 1.0. The finale in March averaged 1.1 million and a 0.5 rating with adults 18-49. Last night’s return drew 889,000 viewers and a 0.4 rating with adults 18-49.