Orphan Black

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBEHD]ZrOYfbdOEbU[/YOUTUBEHD]

Published on Mar 19, 2013

** EXCLUSIVE ** Watch the opening scene of BBC AMERICA's new Original Series ORPHAN BLACK before the World Premiere *** Saturday March 30 at 9pm/8c *** as part of Supernatural Saturday, only on BBC America. Immediately following the all new episode of DOCTOR WHO at 8pm/7c

Don't miss ORPHAN BLACK -- the smart, sexy and suspenseful conspiracy-thriller starring rising star TATIANA MASLANY (The Vow, Picture Day) as Sarah, an outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looks just like her.

Sarah assumes her identity, her boyfriend and her bank account. But instead of solving her problems, the street-smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones...but are they the only ones?

Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy, racing to find answers.

Been seeing the ads for this show for a few months now, looks like it might be EXCITING. I think I will give it a try.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Looks good but maybe a bit DEPRESSING?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was really good, but it is a serious scifi-ish show. I don't know if that kind of drama appeals to you. The acting was all really good, and it looked good. I watched The Nerdist for a little bit after (I really don't like The Nerdist) and he had the actors on. I thought they were British but they're Canadian, I think! Now you should watch the trailer again and rate their accents.

CaptainWacky

I'LL WATCH IT SOMETIME.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Tried watching Orphan Black, but found it not to my liking. The acting was fine, but the subject matter was not something that I found engaging. In a word: boring.

The Nerdist was a definite TSTL show. I didn't have to watch too much to know it, too, was boring.

CaptainWacky

I WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE it was good. The acting from the lead was very good and she made the whole thing compelling. The pacing was good and there were enough interesting revelations to keep things...interesting (I keep saying "good" and "interesting" so I better wrap this up.)

The whole "all the characters are horrible people" thing could be annoying in the longrun, but for now it's GOOD AND INTERESTING enough to keep me watching.

Also nice bum.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm glad you liked it. I was most impressed by the acting and how the reveals kept coming. BAM she's a cop! That was a good one.

also bums

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I keep forgetting about it until I'm watching BBC and I'm like FUCK I NEED TO WATCH THAT

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
That would require me remembering about Doctor Who as well. :(

CaptainWacky

WRITE IT ON YOUR HAND.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The second episode was as good as the pilot, imo. Introducing more clones, and they're doing a good job of making it all look real. Sometimes when an actor plays more than one character and they're in the same scene it looks really fake, but they've done a good job.

CaptainWacky

I WATCHED THE SECOND EPISODE it was good. Have to admit the "unlikable characters" thing could still be a concern though. I did think the scene with crazy ex boyfriend at the start dragged, the scene where she was smashing up gay brothers house because she was upset. But the main actress is excellent and it's going to be fun watching her play all the different clones. The scene where she was pretending to be the German clone was very funny.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
3rd episode, STILL GOOD.

I think the unlikeable character thing is going to even out some, now that we know why some of them are more unlikeable than others. Soccer Bitch is only worried for her family and is completely freaked out. I loved Sara/Beth's brother this episode. DRAG BABIES! lol

Finally learning who's killing them was a fantastic reveal. I didn't see that coming!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Was that supposed to be the original person they're cloned from? How come she didn't kill Sarah/not Beth/dirty copy cop? Is she killing them in a certain order?

I WANT ANSWERS.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't know if she's the original, but I do think lots of the clones are a bit off. So she doesn't have to be the original, she could just be a defect.

CaptainWacky

Tatiana Maslany literally ROCKS MY SOCKS with her performance.

I liked when Feelix pointed out that the nerdy Sarah was so much hotter than regular Sarah.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wonder what nerdy Sarah is going to say when she finds out it's one of them going around doing the killing.

CaptainWacky

Highlander reference.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG, Tatiana Maslany really is amazing. I cannot believe how good this show is. EVERYONE SHOULD BE WATCHING IT :rwmad:

LOKTAR, what did Sarah/Beth and Angry Angel talk about in the apartment? My satellite went out and all I saw was Sarah/Beth holding a gun to her head, then next thing her partner was knocking on the door and she helped Angry Angel escape. It was like the most interesting 15 minutes of the show and I only saw bits and pieces of it.

I really like Alison now (soccer bitch). I thought she would be annoying, but she's pretty cool. Also, Felix is perfect, and he has a nice butt.