Orphan Black

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
LOKTAR, what did Sarah/Beth and Angry Angel talk about in the apartment? My satellite went out and all I saw was Sarah/Beth holding a gun to her head, then next thing her partner was knocking on the door and she helped Angry Angel escape. It was like the most interesting 15 minutes of the show and I only saw bits and pieces of it.

She basically told Sarah that they are connected(Can you feel it? You can't?). That she thinks that she's dying, that she believes that she's the original and not one the flawed copies/abominations. Angry angel escaped with Sarah's help and then collapsed in the alley and was picked up by some mysterious creepy guy in an old timey car.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Finally saw the first episode earlier. The accents annoyed me a little bit. They're pretty good most of the time but every so often one of them will say something that sounds really weird. I don't know why they didn't just make them Canadian or American.

Other than that it was really good, though. It made you wonder what you'd do if you were trying to take on the life of someone you'd never met. Pretend to throw up during a meeting, yes. Shag their hot boyfriend? Oh, sure, why not. Somebody has to.

Will watch more. :)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think the accents actually make more sense as the episodes go on (haven't seen episode four yet though.)

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
yeah, the accents were puzzling at first! (dont sound like any Canadians I know)
But now I understand.

It's intelligently written, so will be cancelled. After Firefly, Life (Damian Lewis), and The Finder were killed off, I now refuse to fall in love with shows any more.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
But it's on BBCA so maybe they won't kill it!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SORRY YOU KNOW IT IWLL BE CANCELED RIGHT BEFORE THEY ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS.

CaptainWacky

I reckon Sarah's the original and that's how she can have biological children and the others can't.

Also the guy who picked up Angry Angel at the end kind of looked like Beth's boyfriend.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, I hadn't thought of it being Beth's boyfriend, but they did give some hints that he might not be what he seems.

CaptainWacky

The first time they had sex I thought he noticed something about her body (missing scar or something) and knew it wasn't her. But kept having hot sex anyway.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Caught up with episodes 2-4 today. Really is good!

They're definitely leading us to suspect Sarah's the original, since she can have kids and didn't have that "connection" with the others immediately (the crazy one seemed to think the connection had kicked in just as she was ducking out the window, though). But if Sarah's the original then why was she still adopted? That seems to imply she's also clone.

Oh and didn't Angry Angel say that Chen made them? If so, then it makes sense that Beth, Soccer Bitch or Emphysema were the original since they're closer to the source than a Ukranian or a Brit.

Soccer bitch was definitely more likeable in episode 4. The bits with her practicing the accent were quite funny. She seemed to take to it very quickly. Just like Sarah took to shooting a gun very quickly. Seems like they were designed to be spies who could adapt to stuff really fast... or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Now if we can just get Tomtrek to catch up. :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I'm impressed by how she even manages to look physically different as each clone. Alison looks really skinny whereas Cosima looks much "healthier" (as Feelix noticed.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Mmm. It's impressive how she looks so much older as Alison than as Cosima. Really makes you consider the different ways your life could have panned out depending on your personality.

I still think Sarah's accent can be a bit off, but I guess she's lived in Canada for a few years so that explains any irregularities. Someone does need to tell the writers that nobody says "shite" quite as much as that, though.

CaptainWacky

My theory is that they made her English so that it would be easier to recognise her as the "main" clone.

I guess I'll have to start watching it on Sundays to keep up now.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Wow! Another great episode!

"He was... urban"
"Wos that mean?"
"Not... white"

Are there really stores in Canada that sell nothing but spying and self defense equipment?

Felt kind of sorry for Vic, while at the same time wondering why he's still in the show. At least in this episode he had more to do than just bother Felix.

Nice to see Morgue Guy back. Continuity!

It seems as though Sarah's completely unmonitored, but if it turns out that Felix really is her handler it'll be a mind blowing twist, particularly after lampshading it this episode.

The guy who spoke to Paul was the one who treated Angry Angel, right? She called him Thomas and Paul called him Olivier (I think), but they looked a similar build.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Forgot to mention Cosima being gay and is the French girl just some rando, or a monitor? If she's a monitor then you'd think she would have made an attempt to get close to Cosima earlier than this. Would've had ample opportunity if they're in the same lab all the time.

Also, someone on imdb suggested a nifty cliffhanger for the season finale, if we saw a glimpse of a second Felix, but didn't get his name or any info. Love speculating about this show!