Orphan Black

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe Sarah doesn't have a monitor because they lost track of her while she was bouncing around in foster care. I don't know when they were supposed to have moved to Canada, but that would have to be after she was 18, right? I don't know how foster care works, but I don't think they allow foster parents to move out of a country with their foster children, since they haven't been adopted. The foster mother (can't remember her name), what is her accent? At first I thought she sounded Scottish.

The twist with Paul was really good. He is a monitor, but he's also in love.. that will be so interesting. I agree with you, Fuddster, I think Thomas and Oliver are the same person. (I'm not sure if Paul called him Oliver either, but I know who you're talking about).

I sure hope Felix isn't Sarah's monitor. I don't know how he really could be, since they grew up in the same foster home, I think. They would have had to put him on her when he was still a little kid. Anyway, I love Felix.

I was feeling sorry for Vic too, but Alison cracks me up. AND wow, her husband is her monitor! Didn't see that coming. HE LIKES BIG BOOBS!

With Cosima, maybe she's had other monitors and is getting a new one. It's probably not that easy to keep the same monitor when she's single and in school, but it would be easy to have new students or teachers come into her life who could monitor her.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
"Big Boob Blowies!?"

I found Vic a bit annoying in the frist two episodes but he was funny here. "Stay in school."

I hope they don't kill Cosima (but sometimes in tv shows they'll kill off the most popular one and you're like "no, they can't kill her!")

Does Paul really LOVE Sarah or does he just love the sex? Did they call the muscular handler guy "Paul" as a dig at Helo in Dollhouse? Probably not!

EDIT: Mrs S is Irish.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Now if we can just get Tomtrek to catch up. :rwmad:

Hello! I watched the episodes. I rather like this show OKAY???

I mean there were some bits in the earlier episodes where it got a bit too normal-cop-show but everything regarding the clones is really interesting and Tatiana Maslany is really good and Cosima is obviously the hottest one and this recent episode was really good.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That makes me very HAPPY.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm surprised, if only because it seems to have come so soon. Certainly well deserved!

CaptainWacky

GET THE ALPHAS CAST GUEST STARRING.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ryan Cartwright could be one of Felix's exes! For some reason. I don't know. Who cares. Ryan Cartwright.

CaptainWacky

And Bill drives him about.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SO GOOD.

I love Alison now, and Paul is hot.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The jokey way they approached the torture felt a bit odd or out of place at times, but I guess they didn't want to it to get really dark when they knew Donny hadn't really done anything wrong. Well... supposedly. Who was he on the phone to at the end of last week? Maybe it was work related...

Still totally amazed by the acting.

Not enough Felix this week, but he shone in his few scenes.

Fingers crossed Vic won't be in next week's. Unless he gets in on what's going on then he'll only ever be a nuisance and a distraction from the main plot.

I love Cosima and Franuck Girl as a couple... what a pity. :( The scene after they ran out of the lecture was really natural and sweet. Who the hell is the Neovolution dude?!

The only letdown in this episode was that we didn't really learn anything new.

CaptainWacky

MAX HEADROOM.

Poor Vic doesn't have much luck with his hands and fingers.

I reckon Alison's nosey neighbour is her monitor.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I was actually surprised at the end that the blonde woman turned out to be Franuck Girl and not Nosey Neighbour (even though we all had suspicions about Franuck Girl too). It's fun to have the characters speculating about who's good and bad as well as us.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think Paul isn't in love, he's obsessed.

CaptainWacky

Did you notice he swapped vodka bottles at the end and he was going to drug her (kill her?) before she told him they were clones (of course you all noticed, you're intelligent people!)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yes and I noticed she noticed. But I didn't notice if he noticed she noticed.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
I'm late to the party on this one but I'm glad I'm finally here. The lead actress is so damn good, I can't believe it. The way she can switch accents and personalities is amazing. I looked her up to see what part of the UK she was from and was really surprised she's Canadian. She played a clone impersonating another clone and it came across as believable, unlike that unholy mess when Anna Torv was channeling Leonard Nimoy on Fringe. Good actress!

Soooo glad I found this show.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
To be fair to Anna Torv, trying to sound like an 80 year old American man with dentures when you're a young Australian female is never going to turn out well. But if you're saying the writers made a mess of things by putting her in that position then I agree.