Pass Emigration: Pickle and Associated Accounts

WillsZenith

a treat for missmanners
make me a citizen so my vote counts, and I voted to keep pickle,

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Oh, and Dual?

5. Those citizens who emigrate from the Badlands can be stricken from the list of grandfathered citizens by a majority yes/no vote.
A) A citizen who has emigrated must not have posted within the Badlands for a period of one month.
B) A current citizen must nominate someone for an Emigration Vote.
C) Just because someone is unliked does not qualify them for an Emigration Vote.
D) Emigration Votes will be held seven days prior to every second election.
I really can't remember.. when is the next election to be held again?? :who?me?:

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
It's a clearly implied range. The emigration votes must be held at least seven days before the election, but not within that last week. As the next election won't be held within seven days, this is a valid time.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Nope. It does NOT say 'at least'. It clearly states, I quote:
'Emigration Votes will be held seven days prior to every second election.'

I strongly believe that if Conchaga had wanted to have stuff implied in the Spamstitution, he would definitely not have created 22 paragraphs of legalese....

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Of course, dear. But maybe it'd be a good idea to wait 24 hours so I've had time to update the Citizen's list before we do another vote. It's so much easier if we don't have to edit the voting results in order to kick out all the invalid votes, don't you think?

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Let's hold it after the conclusion of this ballot, yes. If your interpretation stands, Pickle's accounts will be welcomed back into the citizenry, for the time being. If mine wins out, this vote remains.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Yeah, well... problem I have with this is..
as explained in that other thread, quite a few people who voted here have not been citizens when they did. Or, to be more precise, since there aren't any time-stamps on the votes, there is no clarity if they were citizens at the time of voting or not. Since this has quite the consequences for the result of this ballot, I herewith object formally to the vote itself and request a re-election after the issue of citizenship for Classic_Forever, Nice Bad Guy, and Aquehonga has been sufficiently resolved.

Also, classichummus vote clearly is based on personal dislike, which is, by our Spamstitution, not a valid reason for an Emigration Vote, so his vote does not count.

Oh yeah, and then there is this issue of when to do an Emigration Vote...

In light of all this, I think it'd only be fair to let Dark Pickle stay until the above-mentioned questions have been resolved.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Vetoed. Even if you discount the questionable votes on the "yes" side, the illegal votes "no" maintain the ballot's result.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Vetoed my ass. The whole election is a fraud, so I demand a re-election. We did it with the mod election Omar vs Dirk Funk, so we should do it here, too.