Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Political Compass Revisited...

You are a very educated man, Number_6.

But there's one thing I've always had one up than you. A good memory.

And that's what tripped you up in the end, wasn't it?

Friday said:
You are a very educated man, Number_6.

But there's one thing I've always had one up than you. A good memory.

And that's what tripped you up in the end, wasn't it?

Yes, but not in the way you think. I'd simply forgotten that there was a hiatus, because in one case there was and in the other there wasn't. For all intents and purposes, the two entities were the same.

But if you want a fuller explanation than that, you'll have to turn your PMs on again.

Number_6 said:
I spent a good decade wrestling with my lapsed Catholicism before finally coming to a position I can best describe as a Deistic Agonostic.

Along the way, I studied the Gospels--all of them, not just the four canonical ones--from a very different point of view than the one I was encouraged to adopt in my twelve years of Catholic school.

Wow, that pretty much describes my background and current philosophy, minus the "agnostic" part. Like many of our Founding Fathers, I am a Deist. I "found" this philosophy while studying Masonic History, and realized that it describes my belief in God. Many of my Brothers are the same.

Bisexual, actually. I mostly love the guys, but am not against an occasional dalliance with the ladies.

Funny thing. A lesbian relationship is far more emotionally satisfying for me. Maybe because we have the same frame of reference where the world is concerned.

In other words...we're coming from the same place! :D

Number_6 said:
I spent a good decade wrestling with my lapsed Catholicism before finally coming to a position I can best describe as a Deistic Agonostic.

Along the way, I studied the Gospels--all of them, not just the four canonical ones--from a very different point of view than the one I was encouraged to adopt in my twelve years of Catholic school.
Our Catholic background is something else we have in common.

Being force fed God ultimately turned me away from the church for a good long while. It wasn't until I was able to make my own choices that my faith returned.

Yep. Being told by my nun of a guidance counselor in tenth grade that I should be more concerned with being a homemaker than attending college pretty much did it.

I was never really "forcefed" God, save in a few early Sunday School classes at a Church that my mom eventually decided to stop going to (my dad has never been religious, at least as long as I've known him). I think I've recounted on here before the story of being kicked out of class at the tender age of seven for protesting the existence of Cain's wife.

Beyond that, I never really felt forced, I just began to seriously question the tenets of Christianity, a questioning that was guided in large part by an upper-division course in the New Testament I took the first year of college. The prof was pretty amazing--just a brilliant guy whose head was full of information.

As for the agnostic part, that changes from day to day. Some days I can find more reason to believe, other days not so much.

How'd you get hooked up with the Masons, BDM? That was something that always interested me, as I studied alternative versions of Christianity, but I never knew an actual Mason.

I usually don't talk about my political beliefs openly. But I took the test. And I am close to Ghandi.

Your political compass

Gandhi, believing in the supreme value of each individual, is a liberal leftist.

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Aww, shit. I'm more left than Ghandi. Great... ;)

Love Child, welcome to the Right Thinking With Number_6 forum. Strap in...it's gonna be a bumpy ride. :D

Friday said:
Aww, shit. I'm more left than Ghandi. Great... ;)

Love Child, welcome to the Right Thinking With Number_6 forum. Strap in...it's gonna be a bumpy ride. :D
Well I am going to give it a try Friday.
I am telling myself that tonight I will not sit in the spam hole, but will venture out in new territory. So thank you Friday and Number_6 for the warm welcome. Can I call you 6 for short? or #_6 even? :D
That just doesn't look right, I'll stick with your full name for now.
P.S. I can't wait for the Sopranos to come back!

P.S.S. Who am I kidding? I'll be spamming in a 1/2 hour!

Friday said:
Our Catholic background is something else we have in common.

Being force fed God ultimately turned me away from the church for a good long while. It wasn't until I was able to make my own choices that my faith returned.

Yep. Being told by my nun of a guidance counselor in tenth grade that I should be more concerned with being a homemaker than attending college pretty much did it.
I remember being told that unless I had a sports scholarship-I should not go to a 4 year college or that I wouldn't amount to much etc etc by a guidance counselor. Who gave them those jobs anyway? Oh-and my nun of a cousin told me I should get married and stay home too because I wouldn't want to pay college bills all my life.
I may keep private right now about where I chose to go to school after that.

I still haven't made my way through the fifth season. We Netflixed the first two discs, but now we're sitting on three foreign films that I need to make time to watch. Subtitled, so I can't watch them while multitasking.

Not a lot of Meadow so far. Just the episode where A.J. gets his eyebrows shaved off.

6 is fine. Or #6. I'll know who you're talking about.

Love Child said:
Well I am going to give it a try Friday.
Yay! :)

I am telling myself that tonight I will not sit in the spam hole, but will venture out in new territory. So thank you Friday and Number_6 for the warm welcome. Can I call you 6 for short? or #_6 even? :D
That just doesn't look right, I'll stick with your full name for now.
You're welcome for the warm welcome. :D

Funny thing, and I don't think he's ever noticed. When I'm irked with him, I call him Number_6. When I'm not, it's just plain 6. :D

P.S.S. Who am I kidding? I'll be spamming in a 1/2 hour!
That is part of your charm, Love Child. Never change that. :)

Love Child said:
I remember being told that unless I had a sports scholarship-I should not go to a 4 year college or that I wouldn't amount to much etc etc by a guidance counselor. Who gave them those jobs anyway? Oh-and my nun of a cousin told me I should get married and stay home too because I wouldn't want to pay college bills all my life.
I may keep private right now about where I chose to go to school after that.
Never let anyone guide you towards a gender dictated life choice, Love Child. Decide what's best for yourself. :)

Ah....stay at home all day husband doing what, exactly? ;)

See, I have no problem with my husband staying home. But I sure as hell wouldn't be supporting his ass.