Rick and Morty

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Jerry stuff this week was amusing.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm up to date and I thought the first episode was pretty good but I feel the show has been pretty shit since then. Dunno. It keeps my attention and has its moments but it just feels a little try-hard.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yup, The last few felt like they were written by Rick & Morty script bots.

CaptainWacky

Dan Harmon appears on screen in the finale and says "HAHAHA, they were supposed to be like that! We fooled you! Or something! NO COMMUNITY MOVIE EVER!"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The very last Community episode was on TV the other night, where they kept coming up with possible stories for season 7.

I became sad watching it. :( which is what that bastard Harmon probably wanted.

CaptainWacky

I keep forgetting Chevy isn't really dead.

CaptainWacky

This week's (turkeys) was pretty meh too.

CaptainWacky

This week's had a story, at least! I didn't laugh all that much but it didn't feel bad. The voiceover stuff was funny!

They're still trying to make the giant space incest baby a thing.

CaptainWacky

This week's was really good (the Birdperson one)! It felt like an episode from the first three seasons! I think because they took the story more seriously, there were actual real stakes, while still being funny. And Birdperson is cool. I'm relieved it was good and I can go back to shouting "wubba lubba dub dub" at strangers in the street.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Two part finale was good. The last three episodes somewhat redeemed the season, so if you stopped watching maybe just wacth the last three of the season!

CaptainWacky

The first episode of season six was pretty good.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Now the word "parmesan" will be appearing in a lot of future episodes.

CaptainWacky

AMERICANS pronounce everything wrong anyway.

CaptainWacky

john cleese sitcom GIF

CaptainWacky

I know there's no point posting about R&M anymore because it's not COOL to like it (or maybe nobody cares enough to post), and it certainly had a patch of bad episodes in season 4 and 5, but the last two episodes were really good and I want that on the record so in four years when people go "actually Rick and Morty season 6 was good" I can say "YEAH, I SAID."

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I caught up with the end of season 5 and am 3 episodes into season 6. I still like the show a lot. It sometimes overeggs the pudding and sometimes feels shark jumpy at times but it's still got way more hits than misses for me.

CaptainWacky

The incest space baby in whatever season was a low point.

It feels like they made an effort to go almost back to basics in season six with the portal gun not working and all the episodes being family-based and it's made it feel nicer.