She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
She broke the 4th wall!

I think this show is fun to watch. I'm glad it's a bit silly and lighthearted. There's too much darkness in teh world.

Agreed!

I remember a film that had a woman who was better at her job than her male equivalents, who kicked ass over enemies much stronger than her, and said things that if listened too would have prevented many bad things from happening.

Her name was Ellen Ripley.
I remember a movie that had a misogynistic boss that worked the female protagonists too hard and doesn't appreciate their efforts, but they eventually get their well deserved revenge and their lives improved.

That move was called 9 to 5. It was released in 1980.

Here's what I said at Left Wing Echo Chamberforge.

Someone please explain to me how this is a well written show? Also, can someone explain to me how it's "progress" to show black people acting/talking, for lack of a better word, ghetto? And don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Ex. "Hey gurlll, yo hair looks nice, I think Imona get my hair did. Uh huh." Snaps fingers in a z motion like Men on Film.

The Question

Eternal
That's what they think "representation" is.

Two-dimensional characters who exist to project stereotypes.

And you know what?

They're right.

That is what "representation" is. That's all it is.

The Question

Eternal
Some of us like Dykes.
And some of us say, "Hm, not interested in men. Probably, flowing from that, also doesn't want male attention. So I'm not gonna fuckin' give 'em any."

The Question

Eternal
Someone doesn't get when I break the 4th wall
I don't know if you're aware of this, but there is no '4th wall' here. I mean... you did know that... right?

The Question

Eternal
Well, Harry Reid was a total piece of shit, but leaving that aside:

Reid was wrong about Obama. He absolutely had a negro dialect. So did Avery Brooks as Sisko.

Thing was, though, it didn't matter. Being a black man was not the sum total and absolute border of Sisko as a character. Yes, it was a component of his character, but it wasn't all there was to him.

This version of She-Hulk is not a person. She's a checkbox. Thirtysomething single professional woman. That's all she is. There is no Jennifer Walters, there's just "stand-in for box wine drinking future crazy cat lady." That's it.

The Question

Eternal
2apBTww.jpg

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
See?! Even this girl from an old-timey calendar/ad is sporting high-beams. Shoot, I decided to just photoshop some myself, like when I gave Kirstie Alley Saavik Vulcan eyebrows, but there aren't even any really good pictures of her wearing an appropriate top. :(
running-from-my-problems-18322.png

(Also, like She-Hulk, this girl appears to have a 7" clitoris tucked up in there, but that's probably just the artist, dropping the ball.)