Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheehan Arrested

According to the rest of the Sheehan family, Casey Sheehan was incredibly proud to be serving in the military, and took his job very, very seriously. He truly believed he could make a difference.
I doubt she would disagree with that. She loved her son and was proud of him. Her problem has always been more with his bosses, and where and how they utilized his faithful service.

Yeah, there are others who could better articulate the issues without the theatrics and odd detours. But those people don't ever seem to get a chance at the mic in the current political environment.

^^So, in essence, she didn't have anything against her son being in the military, as long as he didn't go to war. It's the same thing these rich bitches in Long Island cry about when their Contractor husbands go off to war because they've been in the Reserves for years. They didn't have a problem cashing the checks the military sent them, so long as, y'know, hubby won't have to leave the family and fight to protect the country.

^^Why? Because we occasionally have to fight to protect our way of life? Or because the Federal Government expects you to live up to an oath you swore, even if you swore it in a time of peace, with no thought of ever going to war?

Well there are two things you can do about it: actively campaign for change, or leave this awful world for good.

I strongly suggest the former. Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Sardonica said:
You couldn't be more wrong. And I never said anything about politics.

Sardonica, your personal politics are a matter of record on this board. The political agenda which has been adopted by Sheehan is consistent, chapter and verse, with what you've always advocated here, even if you didn't do it in this particular thread.

Are you going to try to sell a bridge in Brooklyn next, or is the current crock all you've got on hand today?

I didn't know they were drafting for Iraq.

He joined the Army of his own volition. Joining the armed forces is dangerous. Joining the armed forces means that if there is a war you go and you will most likley get shot at.

It's true he didn't have to die because he didn't have to join.

If he was forced into a war then I would be totally behind this woman but he wasn't so she should quit her bitching mourn for her son and do something uselful like start a charity for killed servicmens familys. Sorry, but unfurling a banner in the innapropriate place doesn't make a case.

Her right to protest is not the point here. Her right to protest within the law is. And so she should.

No sympathy here.

Mentalist said:
I didn't know they were drafting for Iraq.

He joined the Army of his own volition. Joining the armed forces is dangerous. Joining the armed forces means that if there is a war you go and you will most likley get shot at.

It's true he didn't have to die because he didn't have to join.

If he was forced into a war then I would be totally behind this woman but he wasn't so she should quit her bitching mourn for her son and do something uselful like start a charity for killed servicmens familys. Sorry, but unfurling a banner in the innapropriate place doesn't make a case.

Her right to protest is not the point here. Her right to protest within the law is. And so she should.

No sympathy here.

There was nothing about her protest that was illegal as she never had a chance to use the banner or protest. She was arrested for not complying with a request to cover an anti war T-shirt she was wearing. And I don't think that was against the law.

Yes, I know she wasn't planning to kill anyone but that's not my original point.

Her son joined the army out of choice. And it's dangerous.

It's terrible that he died. It's terrible that anyone dies in war but that's the reality.

I wonder if she would be protesting against the war if her son had come back a hero.

Mentalist said:
Yes, I know she wasn't planning to kill anyone but that's not my original point.

Her son joined the army out of choice. And it's dangerous.

It's terrible that he died. It's terrible that anyone dies in war but that's the reality.

I wonder if she would be protesting against the war if her son had come back a hero.

Would Michael J. Fox be a spokes person for parkinsons if he hadn't become inflicted with it himself?

Would Christopher Reeve have pushed for spinal cord research if he hadn't had his accident?

Probably not.

Sarek said:
There was nothing about her protest that was illegal as she never had a chance to use the banner or protest. She was arrested for not complying with a request to cover an anti war T-shirt she was wearing. And I don't think that was against the law.

It's illegal to protest inside the Congress building. Her t-shirt would most certainly be seen as a protest. Thus, she was arrested because she broke the law.

Sardonica said:
Not that I agree or disagree with her particular actions. But if I lost my son---I'd make it a personal agenda, too.

At what cost though Sardy? Did you know her husband left her and her other children were not only awarded to him but actually chose not to have anything to do with their insane mother?! The woman lost one child, she had others to think about not to mention her husband who also lost his son and she made protesting the war her number one priority? What kind of lithium needing idiot does that?!?!?!?!

Laker_Girl said:
At what cost though Sardy? Did you know her husband left her and her other children were not only awarded to him but actually chose not to have anything to do with their insane mother?! The woman lost one child, she had others to think about not to mention her husband who also lost his son and she made protesting the war her number one priority? What kind of lithium needing idiot does that?!?!?!?!

L_G, you know I loves ya, but you just can't generalize it that way. You can be tired of her, you can be politically opposed to everything she stands for, but DON'T for a minute think you understand what she should or shouldn't do because of the loss of that ONE child.

What was I assming?

If you mean I was assuming things about Sheehan's family well then I probably shouldn't believe everything I read, yes but I've read quotes from her husband.

Caitriona said:
L_G, you know I loves ya, but you just can't generalize it that way. You can be tired of her, you can be politically opposed to everything she stands for, but DON'T for a minute think you understand what she should or shouldn't do because of the loss of that ONE child.

Oh no, no I don't assume to know anything about the loss of a child. I just imagine any decent mother worth a damn would still care for her other children and her grieving husband and not put protesting a war before at least, at least her other children. I'm not saying she doesn't need to care for herself as well but this is too much in my opinion. I think she's a terrible person and that has nothing to do with her political point of view.

L_G, you know they say that losing a child is the absolute worst thing that can happen to you. You know what-- it is.

**MEDIA ALERT** Some personal info about Cait....

Ever wonder why I don't talk about my child? I remember you being shocked when I mentioned it once, said you never knew I had one. Well, I DID have one.

My son was shot in the head and killed, almost 10 years ago, in a drive-by shooting near his school, and for the first year after his death, I was almost catatonic. Trust me, it's an event that changes your life completely. No one can predict how it will change, some do better than others, but trust me when I tell you, YOU have no clue how to judge what kind of mother she is or was.

How Cindy Sheenan is reacting may be impossible for you to comprehend, but I swear you can't possibly know what she feels. You just can't. Even I can't, because we're two different mothers, but I'll be honest here, lay off calling her an indecent mother OK. You just don't have any way to judge what she is feeling or what kind of mothers she was or is.

Trust me when I tell you, "she's doing the best she can.." And leave it at that.

Hate her politics, hate her actions, but leave the judgment of her motherhood alone.

^^Holy Shit, that makes me feel like I was punched in the gut. Like I want to vomit. God almighty, I am so sorry to hear that. I feel like crying now.

Caitriona said:
L_G, you know they say that losing a child is the absolute worst thing that can happen to you. You know what-- it is.

**MEDIA ALERT** Some personal info about Cait....

Ever wonder why I don't talk about my child? I remember you being shocked when I mentioned it once, said you never knew I had one. Well, I DID have one.

My son was shot in the head and killed, almost 10 years ago, in a drive-by shooting near his school, and for the first year after his death, I was almost catatonic. Trust me, it's an event that changes your life completely. No one can predict how it will change, some do better than others, but trust me when I tell you, YOU have no clue how to judge what kind of mother she is or was.

How Cindy Sheenan is reacting may be impossible for you to comprehend, but I swear you can't possibly know what she feels. You just can't. Even I can't, because we're two different mothers, but I'll be honest here, lay off calling her an indecent mother OK. You just don't have any way to judge what she is feeling or what kind of mothers she was or is.

Trust me when I tell you, "she's doing the best she can.." And leave it at that.

Hate her politics, hate her actions, but leave the judgment of her motherhood alone.

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, I truly am. I know what a wonderful person you are and how totally devistating losing your precious child must have been, this information hurts me for you.

I sincerely apologize if my opinions offened you, that, of course, was never my intention.

I don't want to come off as insensitive so I'll leave this right here where it lies and not opine for further risk of hurting Cait, whom I love...In a strictly non-gay way. ;)

Laker_Girl said:
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, I truly am. I know what a wonderful person you are and how totally devistating losing your precious child must have been, this information hurts me for you.

I sincerely apologize if my opinions offened you, that, of course, was never my intention.

I don't want to come off as insensitive so I'll leave this right here where it lies and not opine for further risk of hurting Cait, whom I love...In a strictly non-gay way. ;)

You are just so damn cute and I loves ya so much, how can I stay even a little upset with you... [and I mean that in a strictly non -gay way...] ;)