Star Trek Picard season 3

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Boy I sure am ready for some ~nostalgia~. I definitely don't want consistent writing or interesting characters, just ~things that remind me of a TV show from the 90's~.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm sure worf being a pacifist will be as long lasting as it was with BA in the a team movie.

The Question

Eternal
fcc8647565c12da65b1a3fb80885edd4.png

MODMAN

Execute Order: Kitchen Sink it is, then.

Worf a pacifist? Welcome to 2022, Son of Mogh. I guess meeting Jadzia in Sto'vo'kor isn't on the table.

I hope Martok has disowned the petaQ.

The Question

Eternal
I thought the French pronunciation was, "Aw, HAW HAW HAW HAWWW!"

No? Oh, well.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
OMG

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It will be a running gag for several episodes until a climactic fight scene where old Worf comes out again and says something sassy while pounding a villain and we're supposed to laugh and cheer like it's 1996 again.

OOPS SPOILERS!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Excuse me sir, is your mother a good seamstress?

She is, why do you ask?

Then you can get her to stitch this! (Massive headbutt)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'd love a Khan-type villain who just had a cute little spaceship rather than a big EVIL looking ship with swords growing out of it or whatever.

Come to think of it, that was Khan in the Reliant...

The Question

Eternal
"Maybe not final..."?

Nuh uh. Just... stop it. It's already too late to let it die with dignity, but just stop playing with the corpse, already, for fuck's sake.

MODMAN

Who knows what Frakes is on about.

I do wonder: with SNW S2 & DISCO S5 round the corner, what else is there on the horizon? LD and PROD are small fry and aren't going to keep the franchise afloat.

20 episodes per year between them isn't going to meet Paramount's Trek year-round quota. They'll be needing a new live action series in production sooner rather than later.

See, my bias is Paramount loses their streaming wars punt. There's a saying in trading circles that has some relevance to this endeavor -- "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent". Therefore, I assume this hulking corpse of a franchise will continue to splutter along much longer than I'd prefer. Saying that, it's still very much an outside chance this is sustainable beyond a decade.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think a TNG Golden Girls show would be just divine!

They all move to a Federation retirement colony on Bajor, and do occasional diplomatic duties on DS9.

They also talk constantly about how their boobs will never firm up again. Especially the men.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor

Who knows what Frakes is on about.

I do wonder: with SNW S2 & DISCO S5 round the corner, what else is there on the horizon? LD and PROD are small fry and aren't going to keep the franchise afloat.

20 episodes per year between them isn't going to meet Paramount's Trek year-round quota. They'll be needing a new live action series in production sooner rather than later.

See, my bias is Paramount loses their streaming wars punt. There's a saying in trading circles that has some relevance to this endeavor -- "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent". Therefore, I assume this hulking corpse of a franchise will continue to splutter along much longer than I'd prefer. Saying that, it's still very much an outside chance this is sustainable beyond a decade.

Any idea if they're still babbling about that Academy series and Section 31? Neither seem like my cup of tea.

The Question

Eternal
Money, though. It's important™.
Sure. But the smart money is on making amends to the original fanbase, purging all the woke garbage, and making new Star Trek. Two parts to that, two Must's:

1. Must be new.

2. Must be Star Trek.

Not just "Star Trek" as in they slap the nameplate on it. Not just using the names of places, organizations, species, et cetera. Nope. That isn't enough. It must revive the spirit of Star Trek. Humanism. Optimism. Unity -- which would require the death of woke "representation", because that shit is divisive and sectarian, not unifying.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Sure. But the smart money is on making amends to the original fanbase, purging all the woke garbage, and making new Star Trek. Two parts to that, two Must's:

1. Must be new.

2. Must be Star Trek.

Not just "Star Trek" as in they slap the nameplate on it. Not just using the names of places, organizations, species, et cetera. Nope. That isn't enough. It must revive the spirit of Star Trek. Humanism. Optimism. Unity -- which would require the death of woke "representation", because that shit is divisive and sectarian, not unifying.
Dude, I think we've both been around long enough to see that Trekkies will eat up anything they're fed and make excuses for it. To most of them it's a goddamned religion and it can do no wrong, no matter how many exercises of mental gymnastics it takes for them to make it all fit together.

To the studio, it's money plain and simple. For better or worse it is a business. Now they're trying to draw in new viewers and to what extent that's working I have no clue. I'm guessing it probably isn't because there's a lot of other stuff out there. For me, I've been watching Star Trek since the late 1960s. There's some nostalgia there, but if it sucks I'm just not gonna watch it. And either way I'm certainly not gonna pay for it. :naughty: