Star Trek Picard season 3

The Question

Eternal
Yes, the writers are that stupid. Picard was born and raised in France but has an English accent. So why not his "secret son"?
After discovering that Adam Soong, Arik Soong, Noonien Soong, and Inigo Altan Soong are all visually and audibly identical to each other -- implying that, over the course of 400 fucking years, there is absolutely zero genetic intermixing in the Soong family tree what so ever -- Picard also having a "secret son" is the very least of the in-your-face laziness on the part of this "creative" team.

I still, to this day, maintain that all the male "Soongs" are just one guy. An immortal like Flint from TOS. Except that in Soong's case, he's just so unbelievably arrogant that, unlike other immortal characters, he doesn't bother with the hassle of changing identities every ~century or so.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Did they not see the first two seasons?

The Picard forum is weird because there's often (valid) criticisms but the threads tend to be dominated by the defenders quote replying to all the negative posts and I think the dislikes get too tired by it all and give up.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor

CaptainWacky

I need to do some cross-referencing to find out what the positive reviewers thought of season two...

I do kind of anticipate enjoying season 3 more at least initially merely because it'll have the whole TNG crew back together. That's bound to appeal to some part of my brain.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Why does Worf have grey hair when it takes Klingons a hundred years to go grey.

The Question

Eternal
Why does Worf have grey hair when it takes Klingons a hundred years to go grey.
Because KurtzmanTrek is full of people who Do Not Give A Shit about the lore. They just don't care. And they get away with that because there are viewers who likewise don't care and will defend their unwillingness to care.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Did... we all forget that Worf had gray hair in the alternate timeline shown in "All Good Things..."? Since that episode took place in an alternate 2395, and Worf was born in 2340, meaning he'd only be 55 when his hair started going gray.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Lack of Par'mach leads to premature graying, apparently.

CaptainWacky

Why doesn't Geordi have metal feet like in the Voyager episode Timeless?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
^^Who approved this spambot to post?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I've seen better, I've seen worse.

I thought the titan looked pretty bad for a hero model, bright white windows with nothing behind them? If they were going for an authentic 80s model look that's fine, but in a modern 3D model I would have expected more.

They had five minutes of story dragged out over 45 minutes, we probably won't even see the full TNG crew till halfway through the season.

The Question

Eternal
I really hope they're not going for the obvious thing -- that Picard is the youngster's daddy -- but I think we all know that they absolutely are. I mean, at least the kid looks vaguely like Patrick Stewart, unlike Tom Hardy, but we have yet another instance of the Where-the-fuck-did-Shinzon-get-an-English-accent problem. Not to mention that the kid's in his 20s, so Picard would have been in his 70s when he conceived the kid. I guess that's possible in Star Trek, but... why?