Star Trek Picard season 3

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
ugh i'll watch this

istg if it turns out to be actually bad....
Relative to seasons 1 and 2, it's fucking brilliant. Relative to any other TV show, it's middling to good.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Okay now that I've WATCHED the latest episode...

FUCKING ASSHOLES BRING BACK YET ANOTHER BELOVED CHARACTER JUST TO KILL THEM OFF FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU of course it could turn out that Ro was a changeling or something but STILL THIS IS ALL YOU COULD COME UP WITH FUCK YOU(

whisky

Boobie inspector
Jack's fight reminded me of total recall, the good one.

Beverly probably cured his nightmares with proto matter.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Also transmission was lost just before the explosion and they did say if they were close to a ship they could beam through the inhibitor.

The Question

Eternal
If she could hit the nacelle, why not hit the bridge?

Edit: I will say, though, it's nice to see that Starfleet finally stopped building ships that explode at the slightest tap of a physical object against them.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Michelle Forbes is a good actress and did some of the better acting in the show when she shifted into proper Ro at the end. Still not liking a lot of the lines they give Jean-Luc though! It makes sense that he would be hurt that Ro personaly betrayed him, but all his "you betrayed Starfleet for TERRORISTS!" stuff just didn't feel like something he'd say. He's had thirty years to think about it, he knows what the Maquis were fighting for.

Michael Dorn is still good at one-liners.

The truth about Jack is going to be something dumb, isn't it.

NEXT WEEK

Picard: Ensign Sito Jaxa! You're alive somehow!

Sito Jaxa: Yes!

(Sito Jaxa instantly explodes.)

The Question

Eternal
Picard: Ensign Sito Jaxa! You're alive somehow!

Sito Jaxa: Yes!

(Sito Jaxa instantly explodes.)
I'd tune in just to watch that. Side note: how is it that Bajoran women (with very, very few exceptions, all of whom turn out to be villains) are some of the absolute scorching-hottest even on Star Trek?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Ira Steven Behr, 1999: "Odo leaves DS9 to rejoin the Great Link both so that he can cure The Founder's disease but also so that he can teach them that solids aren't a threat. He feels it's so important to do this that he leaves all of his friends behind, including Kira who he loves. He thinks this is a worthy sacrifice."

Terry Matalas, 2023: "ODO FAILED. NOTHING HE DID WAS WORTHWHILE. ALSO ENSIGN RO'S DEAD, SHE FAILED TOO. I LOVE STAR TREK."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Only redshirts are supposed to die in ST. Why can't they remember this? At least Ro went out a hero.

They've got to let us in on wtf is going on with Jack. They've dragged it out too long already.

The Question

Eternal
They've got to let us in on wtf is going on with Jack. They've dragged it out too long already.
How do you think changelings figured out how to mimic humans' internal organs? That wasn't the first phase of that adaptation. The first phase was figuring out how to meld with live humans at the cellular level. That's why Vadic's "hand" was a Changeling. So odds are, Jack's got one riding "piggyback" on/in him, too.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
JN9ZUNc.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Reckoning II: From Jake To Jack

CaptainWacky

I think him being a Founder somehow is the most likely. Maybe his actual father was a shapeshifter disguised as Picard. An "evolved" shapeshifter whose sperm remains sperm and doesn't revert back to goo.

Or he's a fucking Borg and Picard's had nanoprobes swimming around his ballbags all along.

CaptainWacky

WITH REMAN DNA.