Star Trek: Picard

whisky

Boobie inspector
BTW does Vajazzzle mean the same in America as it does in the UK?

Also what is the point of an EMH if someone who is actively murdering a patient can turn it off.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Aww, Hambil's fav is in this video.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Also what is the point of an EMH if someone who is actively murdering a patient can turn it off.
I thought that was a pretty big plot hole too, since the EMH can snitch about what he saw Aggie doing. An EMH would probably make an instant report to the captain unless RIos turned off that option. Or if Aggie somehow erases the EMH's memory, but she can't even work a transporter so I doubt she'd have the knowledge.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe Rios programmed the EMH to allow murder in case he ever had to murder somebody.

SAUSAGEMAN

this show's treatment of Picard's frenchness is just the most confusing thing. Patrick Stewart can't speak French, when he tried in the first episode it was awful, and now he has a comical french accent i????? do't get it.

The Question

Eternal
I wonder where Picard's pet Romulans are now. Well, the woman, she's easy to guess -- she goes on to run the Church of the Papal Mainframe under the alias of Tasha Lem, of course. Maybe she eats the other one first.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I really didn’t like this episode. I’m not attached to Icheb, but bringing a character back to immediately kill them is disrespectful. Then they killed off Maddox twice. And the whole episode was just one long scene.

It was nice to have Jeri Ryan back, but it didn’t feel like Seven. Of course she would’ve changed and adapted to being back in Federation society to an extent, but she was essentially raised by wolves and shouldn’t seem like just any other woman.

And while I haven’t cared for the Borg cube scenes, if they could’ve moved that plot along it would’ve helped break up the episode.

CaptainWacky

I'm getting annoyed reading the TrekBBS threads where every week a group of fans get super defensive if anyone says anything negative about the show. Like I hate nitpicky idiots who decided to hate it in advance, but there's plenty of legit criticisms out there and they shoudln't all be dismissed as "YOU'RE JUST A HATER" or "EVERYONE WOULD HAVE HATED WRATH OF KHAN IF WE HAD THE INTERNET THEN." You don't have to unconditionally love every episode to be a real fan (and I say this as someone who has been pretty positive on this show.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe they will ban the haters, then the haters will start their own website with an ironic name.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
How 2002 of them!

CaptainWacky

I also hate when someone says something bad about Discovery or Picard or whatever and they say "WELL TNG season one had that episode where Wesley got arrested by sex people for standing on grass!" or whatever example of a bad TNG episode there is. Like, so what? Nobody's ever said the episode with Wesley and the sex people was good.

The Question

Eternal
Eh, at least they're not wrecking up continuity anymore. THERE, I SAID SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT NUTREK.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I'm a little surprised that I don't have many gripes about this show so far. Lordy knows I haven't been the biggest fan of Discovery or the Abrams films or basically anything since DS9 ended and I wasn't a huge fan of that either, but I actually think Picard is pretty well written and acted and the supporting cast is pretty great as well. Who knew that was even possible?

The Question

Eternal
It does, in some places, feel just a touch derivative of Firefly. But only very faintly, and only every so often.

The Question

Eternal
You're right about that. I definitely get a Firefly vibe from it and also some BSG. That's fine, though.

I never watched NuBSG enough to be sure, but I did have that feeling about the "tough broad with a drug problem... IN SPAYYYYCE" theme of the Raffi character.

CaptainWacky