Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Vader really hates kids.

whisky

Boobie inspector
So when star wars fans thought Disney would tone things down, they probably didn't expect half a dozen neck snaps and a sicker burn than uncle Owen

CaptainWacky

If Quilan Vos does appear, I hope they stick to his "surfer dude" personality from Clone Wars.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Your pain has just begun.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
That must be some heat resistant robe Kenobi was wearing. Unless they're going to break continuity and actually show him with burns and scars from laying in fire and getting dragged through the fire in next week's episode.

MODMAN

Honestly I'm a little fatigued on all these juggernaut franchises. My interest in genre media (sans gaming) is dropping off across the board. Anyway, self-indulgence aside, I thought it was fairly solid.

Has a child in the Star Wars Universe ever sounded like just - you know - a kid?

The Third Sister is a bit meh.

McGregor and Smits were both fantastic. The last few minutes of episode 2 made up for any shortcomings.

My hopes:

- Leia is shipped out of the series next episode.

- More Christensen (out of the tank).

- More Christensen and McGregor together.

Hi past version of me.

Shut the fuck up.

Little Leia has grown on me. She's gorgeous.

Loved how saturated the lightsabers were against the dark - that gorgeous blue hue that filled up the screen when Obi-Wan finally lit it up. Wow.

Vader. Holy shitballs - it's one thing when he's choking Rebel Scum or Imperial Commanders with a disturbing lack of faith, but force-snapping a kid's neck? The music in that scene - the foreboding and dread as Obi-Wan looked on in horror at the monstrosity Anakin had become. Their confrontation so early on in the series threw me. James Earl Jones' voice work has clearly had some digital reworking given how he sounded in Rogue One - fantastic job. Sounded like a fully-fledged Vader in his prime.

Anyhoo, THIS IS WHAT YOU SAVE THE 10/10 RATINGS FOR.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Either these speeders are bigger or three people sat on one back seat.

CaptainWacky

It was good seeing Obi-Wan twirling his lightsaber like the old days.

Big missed opportunity to have Jar Jar as part of the underground and swim in to rescue him though.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was very suspenseful.

MEESA JAR JAR, MEESA SWIM!

The Question

Eternal
So I hear it's yet another woke bait-and-switch.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
This weeks episode was the best yet. We are both really enjoying it. What they are doing with Leia is incredible.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I know I don't usually post long things here because not everyone can watch in their dinner hour, but there was so much in here that I didn't realise I needed in my life, until I saw it.

People say Vader is a bad ass, but having an entire lightsaber fight with an opponent without ever drawing his own, it's next level stuff.

I don't care if it's filmed in the volume, we know these things aren't filmed on other planets, we finally get to see what he should have done at the end of rogue one, grab a ship with the force, and slam it back down to the ground.

Looking forward to the last episode.

CaptainWacky

I thought it was the best episode of the season. It still looks oddly cheap a lot of the time. I'm sure Mandalorian looked better, and that was filmed in The Volume too.

It's good that Hayden got to do something in flashback because I wasn't buying people tweetings things like "It's great to have Hayden back!" based on him wearing the Vader suit (when it isn't even him most of the time.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't understand the ending. Reva wasn't on the dark side after all, so why is it bad that she found Obi-Wan's communicator thingy?

CaptainWacky

She's motivated by revenge against Vader, but also blames the Jedi for not protecting her and her friends from him. So she'll go to Tatooine and kidnap Luke or whatever then manage to have a finale length fight with Obi-Wan despite just being stabbed in the gut by Darth Vader.