Star Wars: The Acolyte

I enjoyed it. It felt like a Star Wars tv show, which makes sense as that's what it was.

Didn't everyone figure out that Carrie Ann Moss dies early based on the fact that every shot of her in the trailers was from that one scene?

I liked the chair droids and the sonic screwdriver droid.

Manny Jacinto's character is really obviously the Sith Lord masquerading as a drunken screw-up, right?

Some weird editing in the last scene of the first episode and cutting away during the Mae/Sol fight.

If you like terrible child actors and almost none of the characters you spent the first two episodes with this is the episode for you.

If you have even basic knowledge of fires this isn't.

If these twins are another dyad in the force, and one of them is murdering people, does that make it dyad with a vengeance?

It's pretty clear the fire Mae started didn't kill everyone (since we see a big pile of dead Witches who obviously haven't been killed by it.) So either Sol is outright lying or he doesn't know what really happened. We'll get another flashback showing what really happened later (maybe the Wookiee is the dark Master guy wearing a Wookiee-skin coat as a disguise.)

Osha is going to be pissed when she finds out Mae didn't kill everyone and the Jedi lied to her.

The power of one.
The power of two.
The power of maaaaaaany.

<waves arms around>

Well, ahh ... that was something different.

The hate is strong on this one. How many people bitching are still subscribed to Disney+ and watching only to confirm their negative preconceptions? Talk about shooting your cause in the foot.

I don't understand what there is in the show to get angry about. LIke you might think it isn't very good or whatever, but how is it DESTROYING STAR WARS any more than any of the other shows? Episode 3 was supposed to feature a "lore destroying" twist and it was just that...the witches used the Dark Side (presumably) to create the twins? The anger is so manufactured.

If I had to guess it was Darth Palagus who helped the witches conceive, and it was him that came back to destroy them all so they couldn't spill his secret.

He is also the weasel guy and the man in the mask with the red lighsaber.

Well this show can't destroy SW lore for me because I don't know any! lol

I do think it isn't very good, so far. I don't hate it, but it doesn't have the same goodness of the other shows. BABY YODA COULD SAVE IT.

Well this show can't destroy SW lore for me because I don't know any! lol

I do think it isn't very good, so far. I don't hate it, but it doesn't have the same goodness of the other shows. BABY YODA COULD SAVE IT.
Even the Holiday Special is better than The Hackolyte.

*controversial post*

Back