Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 4

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
NO. HE'S DEAD FOR REAL. It was a clone in the original triology. OB-1 Kenobi.

CaptainWacky

"Wow, I'd like to check HIS midichlorain count."

Good to see Obi-Wan get an arc! Even if his voice and face are going to be different during it. He still does his beard stroke without his beard. He used "Ben" as his codename. LIKE IN STAR WARS.

What happened to Boba Fett's voice and why is he in a prison with adults? Bit harsh! At least he has Bossk still looking out for him.

Cad Bane is cool.

I always enjoy the Coruscant set episodes as Coruscant always looks really good.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So I was flipping last night, and I saw that a new episode was about to start and I thought HEY, WHY NOT WATCH ONE WHEN IT'S ON TO SEE WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOOT.

And a minute and a half into the show, Obi Wan gets killed. I almost turned it off right then.

But I watched the rest and IT WAS GOOD. But now I have 34 years of older episodes to catch up on.

CaptainWacky

Well this is a four part arc so you have to watch the next three at least!

CaptainWacky

INDIANA JONES HAT.

(Also, good episode.)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
That was a good episode. As ever it's nice to see The Clone Wars doing Anakin's fall to the dark side about ten times better than Episode III ever did.

Also I liked that the ship Obi-Wan bought was the same model as the Lady Luck.

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
I got the clone wars movie on bluray today, good crisp image, some nice deleted scenes, but probably more telling than anything is the directing of the voice cast in one of the extras.

The director really goes deep into the motivations for characters in a scene, lets all the voice actors work together so they can interact, and improvise, really gets them to invest real emotion in their work.

The anti-Lucas in other words.

Clone wars is due to end after season 5, they need to get this guy on the live action series.

CaptainWacky

It could easily go on longer than five seasons, I think. I know Lucas said something about them having "a hundred episodes planned" years ago but he says lots of things.

I don't think Dave Filoni has ever done any live action stuff. They should certainly keep him when Clone Wars does end though, yeah.

CaptainWacky

SO that as another cool episode. It was a bit like a video game (I suppose?) but it all looked cool and I think the right bounty hunters survived (I like metal hat guy.) It's nice that Obi-Wan and Cad Bane are friends now!

CaptainWacky

So another good episode to finish the arc. Maybe it wasn't as HUGE a finale as it could have been considering we spent four episodes on this story, but there were lots of good things about it.

"Please do not kill Moralla Eval!"
Naboo is a beautiful planet. WITH A BEAUTIFUL SENATOR (Jar Jar.)
More reason for Anakin to distrust the Council and even Obi-Wan, with hints of the Imperial March in the music.
Cool Anakin/Dooku duel. Was this Palpatine's first attempt to have Anakin kill Dooku and replace him? Or was he just testing Anakin's power.
BEST OF ALL: Sio Fucking Bibble.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Every time Anakin and Dooku fight it changes the meaning of that "My powers have doubled since the last time we fought, Count" line in RotS.

But I did like the episode. I love it when Palpatine does the "I'm just a helpless Chancellor" act when he's really the most powerful person in the room.

And Sio Bibble. And Shaak Ti was there for a bit. And these lovely people:

CaptainWacky

She's looking so much like a deformed Natalie that it's getting a bit creepy (but still hot.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Obi Wan will have to cut him in half vertically next time, he might stay dead that way.

CaptainWacky

So, that was dark. It was good to see Grievous actually win for once...even though it meant him slaughtering a load of women. I IMAGINE the use of magic will have put a lot of people off, but it looked quite cool I thought.

NEXT WEEK: "Shut up, Dengar!"!?!?

http://www.starwars.com/watch/bounty_mission_preview.html

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I just saw an army of ghost witches fight an army of robots and I liked it.

I really liked that episode. I've always liked Asajj Ventress since the original Clone Wars cartoon before episode III came out, and I really like that they're actually taking the time to do things with her character beyond "YOU HAVE BEATEN ME AGAIN, OBI-WAN."

I also liked how on the nose they were being with the magic. It wasn't "Well it's a type of force use that looks like magic" it's just "It's magic. They're witches. Those are ghosts. With magic. Deal with it."

CaptainWacky

So, Dengar is being voiced by Simon Pegg.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/29/star-wars-clone-wars-simon-pegg-dengar/

This is quite a surprise as Pegg has been violently opposed to all things Star Wars lately on Twitter and has gone on many sweary, sometimes childish, rants about Lucas. I mean, even when I agreed with him (adding "NOOOO" to the Blu Ray) I was always left thinking "alright, calm down, it's only Star Wars." And I'm sure he's also said he's never watched Clone Wars and had no intention to. But maybe someone showed him some episodes and he liked it? Wonder if he talked to Lucas at any point (probably not since he could have recorded the voice from anywhere.) I don't know why I'm giving this so much thought really!