Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I know we already knew that the desert planet isn't Tatooine but it's kind of weird to have a lot of the movie set on a desert planet again (but not Tatooine.) There are other types of planet surely.

BB-8 is cool.

Its the wasteland of Endor after the death star debris rained down.

Only kidding, but don't you wish it was true?

12743.imgcache.jpg

Yeah okay!

The shoes look very new, I would have expected some scuffing.

Unless of course that is force ghost Luke.

Maybe that's why Disney didn't want the pic getting out. People figuring out it's a Force Ghost from the non-scuffed shoes.

GOOD NEWS: THIS IS GREAT:

12757.imgcache.jpg

BAD NEWS:

Colin Trevorrow is directing Episode IX. His direction of Jurassic World ranged from "okay" to "actually bad".

Yeah I haven't seen Jurassic World but everything I've heard says that it made so much money becasue of nostalgia for Jurassic Park rather than actually being a good movie...

I'm not a fan of titanic, but to be fair I never saw it, so can't really say either way.

Same for hunger games, and twilight, they mean nothing to be, I just kept out of their way.

If it helps I didn't think Inglorious basterds was all that, but I don't know if that is too niche to be counted as popular anyway.

I thought it might be.

I wasn't a massive fan of Avatar either, and that made a shitload of money.

I suspect the sequels will not do as well.

I can tell I enjoyed Jurassic World only for the nostalgia factor because if it had been the first of a brand new franchise I wouldn't have been very forgiving. I didn't care about any of the characters, the CGI was distractingly bad in some places and the bit at the end where a couple of dinosaurs virtually waved goodbye to eachother was just the worst.

A T-Rex and some velociraptors said goodbye to each other in dinosaur language after killing the big bad. Ten minutes earlier (as if this could make it worse) they'd been fighting one another and trying to eat all the humans, but the movie needed to end, so they politely said their goodbyes and left as the humans looked on.

They don't make em like they used to.