Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

And I don't know why they released two posters with him holding a lightsaber giving the impression that he's a Jedi. It's not like him being a stormtrooper was a huge plot point that had to be protected.

I think it was less hiding that Finn was a Stormtrooper (because the trailers show that anyway) and more misdirecting the audience so that Rey being the actual Jedi is a surprise.

^YEAH, that makes sense. But maybe a bit of a letdown for people who were really looking forward to seeing Finn become a Jedi.

If she couldn't understand Chewie it woud either make for some very awkward scenes on the falcon, or they would have to take 3PO with them, and noone wants that.

Maybe she had a Wookiee roommate on Jakku. And an astromech droid roommate. Wacky spin-off prequel sitcom!

I'm sure you all know about Ewan McGregor (and Alec Guinness) being in the movie by now. J.J. Abrams talks about those voices [REDACTED] heard in The Force Awakens · Newswire · The A.V. Club

He says the former young Obi-Wan was “awesome” and “incredibly sweet and handsome,” and once he was done recording he “rode off on his motorcycle.” As far as Abrams is concerned, this makes him “literally the coolest voice actor ever.”

Obi-Wan movie CONFIRMED!

JJ's tried to explain the R2 thing. Star Wars The Force Awakens: J.J. Abrams explains R2-D2's closing scene | EW.com

Of course what he's doesn't actually match what was shown in the movie. R2 had a big map with a hole cut out, BB-8 had the part that fills the hole (after the old guy at the start gave it to Poe.) It came across as a treasure map with a piece missing in the movie and it was pretty silly!

Freema Agyeman says she wasn't in the movie. And she'd know. IN MY DEFENCE I Googled "Freema Agyeman Force Awakens" when I got home because I thought I'd seen her and loads of other people thought it was her too (she was even reported as being a cameo on actual websites!) Sorry Freema.

I just thought of another stupid bit: okay so BB-8 is wanted by the First Order. Han knows this. So he...openly has BB-8 roll into a bar full of pirates and smugglers. Because surely none of them would sell him out! They could have at least put BB-8 in a bag or something.

Maybe she had a Wookiee roommate on Jakku. And an astromech droid roommate. Wacky spin-off prequel sitcom!

From "Rey's Survival Guide":

13191.imgcache.jpg

Yeah, but what good were the other ships?

The Y wings just impact on the surface, the A wings just crash into bridges, and the B wings, well they pretty much do nothing, apart from in rebels where they are one man death stars.

With luck they might make a full sized Y wing for Rogue one.

My favourite scene in The Force Awakenes.

(Captain Phasma has been captured.)

Finn: What do we do with her?

Han Solo: Throw her in the garbage shoot! Or the trash compactor! Or the trench run! Or the asteroid chase! Or the Cloud City! Or the Ewok village!

(Han starts blinking like crazy at the audience.)

Finn: Shit, is this old guy having a heart attack?

Rey: Don't worry, I speak winkese! He's just winking at the audience!

Finn: WHAT audience!?

(Everyone looks confused!)

The real reason the Ewoks agreed to help the Rebels is because they got to eat all the Stormtroopers they killed I just got that.

Watched it for a second time last night and I might've actually enjoyed it more. It helped knowing that Luke wouldn't show up till the end.

It also cleared up a few things that don't make so much sense the first time around. I thought the TIE fighter sinking into the sand was being pulled down by some unseen monster, but on second viewing I realised BB8 is told of an area of quicksand that should be avoided.

And Han addresses the way he seemed to stumble upon the Falcon "you didn't think it happened by chance, did you?". Apparently it's a very noisy smugglers ship.

And when Ren interrogates Rey and mentions an island I thought originally it was just a fantasy she had about escaping a harsh desert, but of course it was a vision of Luke's hideout/first temple.

Does anyone know what the deal was with C3PO's arm? I didn't notice, but apparently it was back to normal at the end.

I wondered if it was supposed to signify he was secretly with the First Order, as the TIEs have a red patch of plating on the same side. But nothing else at all backs this up. And it'd be dumb.

Or was it just "shit, we need to write something for the least interesting, most annoying character that some fans presumably love so much that we still have to include him - what completely inconsequential dialogue can we use?" Probably that.

I'm pretty sure it was just so they could do the "you probably didn't recognise me..." joke. But there will probably be a book or comic explaining the real story behind his red arm soon!

FUCK.

Also the previous "Journey to the Force Awakens" comic was really bad, don't buy it (the one about Poe Dameron's parents.)

Also saw it for a second time today, picked up a few more things.

Unka? The alien that Simon Pegg plays, looks like he is the one looking after child Rey when her parents go away, and Rey clearly has been working on the falcon for him, which explains how she knows her way around it, she has just never seen it fly before.

Managed to hear both Obi Wans in the vision, still didn't hear Yoda though.

There were a lot of huge plot holes in this film, not the least of which was the physical impossibility of a planet sucking a sun dry of energy while still maintaining enough distance to allow the inhabitants of said deathstar planet a livable atmosphere. Even at lightspeed, the story should have been, "Hey, we're gonna drain this star of energy and blow up Coruscant. Should take about a decade or so. Talk amongst yourselves." And speaking of which, how come Leia weeps and goes wobbly when Han dies, but literally the deaths of Billions of people, many of her military and political friends among them, doesn't even make her blink? This is the second freaking time Leia has watched a planetful of her loved ones die? Is no one worried about her mental state?

As for the whole Jedi thing: I suppose I can suspend disbelief that a novice Jedi, no matter how strong, suddenly knows tricks it took even Luke and Anakin YEARS to master, and I can even believe she can whip the Edward Scissorhands cosplayer via dumb luck and the fact he's a whiny little bitch like his uncle...but I gotta call bullshit on the storm trooper trash man holding his own against "the leader of the knights of Marilyn Manson Fanclub". That lightsaber fight should have lasted about three seconds and ended with a severed limb.

And what fucking meathead thought it was a good idea for sustained evil to literally do the exact same plan that has failed catastrophically not once but twice? "Hey, these rebels are horrible pilots and not particularly well organized, we should gather ALL our military might into one giant, easily destroyable planet death ball. Kinda give them a fighting chance. What could go wrong...again?"