Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

What I love about being a casual SW fan is that very little to none of this will matter a whit to me when I eventually see the film.

OK. I'm too lazy to do spoiler code and I don't know that anything I'm about to say is a huge spoiler anyway. But given that some people get butthurt to find out they changed the opening credits for Dr. Who, be advised. If you're that kind of person, spoilers follow.
The title I have for this in my head now is "The Return of the Return of the Jedi." Enjoyable with some very rewarding moments for anyone between the ages of 35 and 55 or so, who grew up with the OT.

Skywalker lightsaber continuity is an interesting thing: Ben chops Anakin's hand (and other bits) off and takes his lightsaber to give to Luke some 20 years later. Meanwhile Darth Vader needs to make himself a new lightsaber. Then Darth Vader chops Luke's hand off so *he* has to make a new lightsaber. *Then* Luke (with an assist from the Emperor) kills Darth Vader, so he gets his Dad's second lightsaber. At least that's the way I'm reading it. Although I was amused by the meme I saw on Facebook extrapolating Luke wondering where Rey got the lightsaber, if it had been kicking around in a cooling vent on Cloud City all these years.

I don't think Luke has Vader's second lightsaber. Wasn't it lost when he chopped Vader's hand off? It seemed to me that Luke got his original lightsaber (the one Anakin slaughtered children with) back at some point, then gave it to Maz to keep in her box. Because otherwise how would that lightsaber have memories of stuff Luke did after Cloud City?

Earlier versions of the script has the lightsaber floating in space, before falling towards a planet where it eventually ended up in Maz's hands. Of course they could totally override that now, or possible never even explain it.

I'm pretty sure Vader's lightsaber fell down the reactor shaft in the Emperor's Throne Room when Luke cut his hand off, and so got destroyed along with the Death Star II.

I hope there are gay characters in the next one, just to piss off even more the ones who hated Finn and Rey, simply for not being white men.

exclusive leaked crawl from ep viii
13283.imgcache.png

So Finn asking Rey "do you have a boyfriend? A cute boyfriend?" (or whatever the line was, Star Wars police) was really just him wanting to meet a cute guy?

I'm pretty sure it was "cute" because it was one of the lines that stood out to me as not being very Star Wars-y.